[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The downside of big money contests

DMD

I got a team in the FFOC for the heck of it since it was only $150 (?) to play and they will give away one milion bucks to the winner.

So I get my team and doing pretty good and it comes down to this last week as to which two teams advance to the league championship and continue on a path for the million. You get a win for beating your opponent and a win for beating the league average every week. The best you could have now is 18-0.

As it works out, I was the #3 team and had to play the #1 team. I beat him and had a high score and he had a bad game. So he ends up 14-4 and I will be 13-5. The #2 team ended up remaining the #2 team because they are now 13=5 like me but have a few more total points as a tie breaker. What makes this hard to accept is that the team he played this week started Romo (out), Steve Smith (bye), V Davis (bye) and Jon Kitna (IR). That team owner has obviously given up. The #2 team has a low score this week and would have almost certainly been beaten if the other team had put up a full team.

In WCOFF or other big dollar contests I have been in, you do not see team owners giving up. But in this one where you can own multiple teams it appears that some team owners do give up and it skews the results. A friend of mine in another league had the same thing happen with a couple of teams.

I imagine I would not have won the million, but I still feel screwed out of the chance. I feel like banning someone.

I got a team in the FFOC for the heck of it since it was only $150 (?) to play and they will give away one milion bucks to the winner.

So I get my team and doing pretty good and it comes down to this last week as to which two teams advance to the league championship and continue on a path for the million. You get a win for beating your opponent and a win for beating the league average every week. The best you could have now is 18-0.

As it works out, I was the #3 team and had to play the #1 team. I beat him and had a high score and he had a bad game. So he ends up 14-4 and I will be 13-5. The #2 team ended up remaining the #2 team because they are now 13=5 like me but have a few more total points as a tie breaker. What makes this hard to accept is that the team he played this week started Romo (out), Steve Smith (bye), V Davis (bye) and Jon Kitna (IR). That team owner has obviously given up. The #2 team has a low score this week and would have almost certainly been beaten if the other team had put up a full team.

In WCOFF or other big dollar contests I have been in, you do not see team owners giving up. But in this one where you can own multiple teams it appears that some team owners do give up and it skews the results. A friend of mine in another league had the same thing happen with a couple of teams.

I imagine I would not have won the million, but I still feel screwed out of the chance. I feel like banning someone.

Go look in the Tailgate. :wacko:

Oh, and I feel your pain.

I feel like banning someone.

If I may be so bold as to offer a suggestion, how 'bout banning anyone who starts a new thread about a player or team that already has at least one thread dedicated to him/it on the first page of the forum?

Oh, and all the stinky Packer fans, too, please :wacko:

I know just exactly who you can ban.... in fact you could erase all trace if you had a mind too.

And on topic.... do you think that it is norm for such behavior in those kinds tourneys?

Well, ask and ye shall be given. I feel a little better now.

I thinik it may be more prevalent in a tourney where you can own multiple teams and are just playing for the cash.

Well, ask and ye shall be given. I feel a little better now.

I thinik it may be more prevalent in a tourney where you can own multiple teams and are just playing for the cash.

Was thinking about getting into one of those.....guess I will stay away. :wacko:

Oh, and thank you kind sir.