[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trying to "rethink" my IDP strategy

MrCarter

This is my first year doing IDP, still trying to work out the kinks. We start 1 player, 2pts per tackle and 1pt per assist.

I'm not really targeting DBs (altough Gibril Wilson is available) since it seems like LBs get the majority of tackles. When searching for a player, are you looking at players going against teams that will be ahead and stop passing to eat clock? Or is it better to find players going against run-heavy teams?

For instance, this week I am looking at Diles vs. Balt, Vilma @ ATL, or Dansby vs. SF...

It's kind of hard to give advice on leagues that start just one IDP. I guess if I were in a league like that, I'd definitely want to start a LB. They are, in essence, like the "RB of the IDPs". They get the most consistent numbers. I'd target one that is likely going to rack up solo tackles, but also has a penchant for making "big plays". That's where you "make your money", so to speak. LBs facing run-heavy teams are generally ranked higher than they would if they were facing a pass-happy team, but that doesn't mean you start a lower-tiered RB against a run-heavy team like the Titans instead of playing a mega-stud like Patrick Willis against the Cardinals.

In your case, I like Vilma's chances to put up good tackle numbers AND he's one of those LBs that makes game-changing plays.