[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

C Benson

MrTed46

I picked him up as an injury replacement for Sammy Morris...he's slotted in my 6th RB slot until Sammy returns, I don't actually expect to ever play him, but I did watch the majority of that Cincy game and he ran with conviction. He still has no idea what to do if a play breaks down or a hole closes, and he's a miserable pass blocker, but at least he was running hard.

I wouldn't go out of my way to acquire him if there were some of the other interesting guys out there (Torain and Charles for example)

WashD

I picked him up as an injury replacement for Sammy Morris...he's slotted in my 6th RB slot until Sammy returns, I don't actually expect to ever play him, but I did watch the majority of that Cincy game and he ran with conviction. He still has no idea what to do if a play breaks down or a hole closes, and he's a miserable pass blocker, but at least he was running hard.

I wouldn't go out of my way to acquire him if there were some of the other interesting guys out there (Torain and Charles for example)

WashD

I was thinking of Charles (already have torain) but Herm's comment scare me and he is a moran (herm is). Is LJ coming back this year?

A. Benson is a total washout screw up that did absolutely nothing in Chicago. He ran with little confidence and showed little ability. He's gotten another chance with a franchise in turmoil that is as equally confused and undisciplined as he is. He got lucky for a week and put up 100 yards and a score, something he never did in Chicago, and probably never will again. The team won, but the feel-good story will soon give way to the bad antics of some bad apples, the unraveling will continue, Benson will soon into fade into obscurity as it does, disappearing altogether due to either injury or ineffectiveness.

B. Benson is a 26 year old kid that came from a babying college program, got off on the wrong foot on his pro team, struggled, but just as he was making some headway last year (last two games he finally broke a few runs), he got injured. Then in the offseason he got nailed for two DUIs and got cut. Beating the rap, he got another chance with zero expectations on a wounded team going nowhere. He hit bottom, saw he didn't like it, and is aggresively trying to say and do all the right things, to be a team player. In a game with his first 20+ carries, he put up 100 yards and score. The team won it's first game of the year and got it's self-respect back. His story will be an inspiration to others in the locker room that have had disciplinary issues. He'll be the franchise RB for the next 3-4 years.

C. A little bit of both. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Take your pick. I have had in the past / and now have Benson. I am hopeful for B, fearful of A, and realizing C is most likely.

Edited by The Waterboy

A. Benson is a total washout screw up that did absolutely nothing in Chicago. He ran with little confidence and showed little ability. He's gotten another chance with a franchise in turmoil that is as equally confused and undisciplined as he is. He got lucky for a week and put up 100 yards and a score, something he never did in Chicago, and probably never will again. The team won, but the feel-good story will soon give way to the bad antics of some bad apples, the unraveling will continue, Benson will soon into fade into obscurity as it does, disappearing altogether due to either injury or ineffectiveness.

B. Benson is a 26 year old kid that came from a babying college program, got off on the wrong foot on his pro team, struggled, but just as he was making some headway last year (last two games he finally broke a few runs), he got injured. Then in the offseason he got nailed for two DUIs and got cut. Beating the rap, he got another chance with zero expectations on a wounded team going nowhere. He hit bottom, saw he didn't like it, and is aggresively trying to say and do all the right things, to be a team player. In a game with his first 20+ carries, he put up 100 yards and score. The team won it's first game of the year and got it's self-respect back. His story will be an inspiration to others in the locker room that have had disciplinary issues. He'll be the franchise RB for the next 3-4 years.

C. A little bit of both. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Take your pick. I have had in the past / and now have Benson. I am hopeful for B, fearful of A, and realizing C is most likely.

You had me until "got its self-respect back", then we parted ways....

I"m hoping for B in a big way. Bengals need every position, can't draft them all next year.

You had me until "got its self-respect back", then we parted ways....

I"m hoping for B in a big way. Bengals need every position, can't draft them all next year.

Yeah, that may have been a stretch :wacko:

Maybe *some* glimmer of self-respect that goes with knowing that you at least aren't going to be 0-16....

Well I used up all my free money left and got him. I used up all my money as I doubt I will need another player for the rest of yr (bench looks decent). I hope I never have to use him but I feel that if I have to I wont be too bad. He still is the starter getting most of the carries.