[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers-Vikings week

Randall

Vikings DE Jared Allen revealed Wednesday that he has a third degree sprain in his right shoulder, the most severe possible.

Look for Brian Robison to start at right end against Green Bay. Allen is in danger of missing multiple weeks, but the Vikings won't consider placing their stud edge rusher on IR. Upgrade Aaron Rodgers' matchup for this week.

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2114

---

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Injury report; McCarthy speaks

We'll get the injury report and coach Mike McCarthy's Wednesday thoughts shortly. As usual, refresh for the latest.

* First, here's the injury report, per Packers media maven Jeff Blumb: LB Desmond Bishop (hamstring, full participation), LT Chad Clifton (knees, limited), QB Aaron Rodgers (right shoulder, limited), CB Charles Woodson (toe, limited).

Here's the noteworthy stuff from what McCarthy has to say:

* On preparing for Vikings: Began preparing with crowd noise today. "Road division games are definitely tough."

* On where are as a team: "We're 4-4. We're 4-4 for a reason. We haven't made plays at critical times of football games." Have been competitive in every game. Important to build off of positives. "I really like this team. I like the way they work. ... Effort is never an issue. ... It's the details. The last game, the last loss is a very good description of the things we need to do to win tight games. We need to win the close, tight games. We haven't done that this year."

* On Vikings offense with Gus Frerotte: Running ball well, more of a vertical aspect than seen in past. Conceptually doing some things the Packers do on offense. "I think they've advanced their scheme a little bit, and they're more productive ..."

* On balancing running game against good run defense: "You need to run the football, so when, where, how, that's why you game plan." How run ball is all based on matchups, different looks. "I don't run the ball just to get it off my sheet. We run the ball with a purpose. ... Every play called has a purpose, whether it's run or pass."

* On preparing Rodgers for road game, vs. Brett Favre: Will do as much, if not more crowd noise work. The Don Hutson Center "is a really good training ground" for playing in the Metrodome. "The mechanics and how we handle it, they'll all be pretty similar."

* On Rodgers' challenge this week after not best game vs. Tennessee: "There's a lot of positive things that Aaron Rodgers did in the Tennessee game," but didn't focus on that as much when speaking on Monday. Answering bell every week in November and December is the key. "I think he can play better than he's playing, (but) he's played pretty darn good. ... It's important for him to continue to grow."

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blo...der/index.shtml

Edited by Randall

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko: I'll be up north hunting, I guess I will read it when I get back. Packer week is always fun. Alot of people at work are Packers fans so the ripping back and forth is fun.

Up here with all the Minnesota transplants we're about evenly split.

---

Practice notes: Not much to tell

These practice notes get a little thinner as the Packers get healthier with each passing week.

The only players who appeared limited today were CB Charles Woodson (toe) and QB Aaron Rodgers (shoulder), who remains on a pitch count but said Wednesday his shoulder isn't much of an issue. The other two players on the injury report, LT Chad Clifton (knees) and LB Desmond Bishop (hamstring), seemed to be doing everything.

That means coach Mike McCarthy's Thursday post-practice update probably will be even shorter than the usual allotted five minutes, but we'll have any pithy items here in the blog later on.

Edited by Randall

Green Bay is pretty healthy now

Practice notes: Rodgers' throwing expands

These practice notes get a little thinner as the Packers get healthier with each passing week.

The only players who appeared limited today were CB Charles Woodson (toe) and QB Aaron Rodgers (shoulder), who remains on a pitch count but said Wednesday his shoulder isn't much of an issue. The other two players on the injury report, LT Chad Clifton (knees) and LB Desmond Bishop (hamstring), seemed to be doing everything.

That means coach Mike McCarthy's Thursday post-practice update probably will be even shorter than the usual allotted five minutes, but we'll have any pithy items here in the blog later on.

UPDATE: The only update to the injury report is Clifton moving from limited to full participation.

According to coach Mike McCarthy, Rodgers did the most throwing he's done in any practice since injuring his shoulder Sept. 28. His workload for Friday will be determined after he's examined in the morning.

McCarthy said the health of the team has created a better practice environment, because most players are in their normal spots -- including members of the scout teams, which have been mix-and-match all season. Practice was up-tempo and finished early.

Berrian is going to eat Al Harris' spleen with some Favra beans and a nice chianti :wacko:

who is this Berrian guy you speak of? Wasn't he the one that was dumped by the Bears? Is that the one? Is that the best you got? Can say "Cake Walk"? I wish the Packers played cupcakes like the ViQueens every week.

Yeah, the loser who put up these numbers with stellar QB play from Tarvaris Jackson and Gus Fergot:

REC

YDS

AVG

TDS

What a loser.

Most of GB's LINEBACKERS have better receiving stats than that. You mean theViQueens have been using a QB this whole time? I thought they entered the season with no QB on their roster.

Not that Vikings fans have much to say after the week one disgrace, but the pack isn't exactly in great shape. Yeah they're getting healthy but still just as inconsistent. I just don't see the pack being able to run the ball or stop the run, and unless Rodgers is brilliant then it's going to be a long week of listening to all the green and gold 'tards talking about the best 4-5 team in the nfl.

Not that Vikings fans have much to say after the week one disgrace, but the pack isn't exactly in great shape. Yeah they're getting healthy but still just as inconsistent. I just don't see the pack being able to run the ball or stop the run, and unless Rodgers is brilliant then it's going to be a long week of listening to all the green and gold 'tards talking about the best 4-5 team in the nfl.

I love it when Queens fans call us retards, :wacko:

BIG difference between Berrian with Gus throwing to him and T-Jax throwing, um, "to" him. Gus and Berrian have a good rapport now, especially with teams now having to decide whether to stack the line against AP or keep a safety back to help with Berrian. If Allen is effective at all, this game will be much different that the first game - being in the Dome.

As for Hawk once again hurting Peterson, good luck with that plan. Although I respect McCarthy and the stupid Packers, I don't think betting on Berrian to be shut down and anyone to stop Peterson all day will be a good plan. I look for another 100 plus day rushing from AP, Berrian to have a good day, and Shiancoe to once again be wide open in the second half for a big play or score. The Vikes have a pretty solid offensive scheme going now, and (again) if Allen can apply any pressure outside, with all the noise that brings from the fans, I think the Vikes get it done today. Things certainly could look different by the end of today, if Tennessee can rattle Rex in Chicago and knock them off, and the Vikes take care of the Pack.

GO VIKES!!! :wacko::D:D