[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hightower

Scorcher

I have struggled with WR'S,seems like they are the hardest to get this year. Held on to Hightower through many defeats, but think I.m on my way with Chris Johnson, Westy, and Hightower. Lost Romo and subsequently Witten, but looking to make a comeback. Don't have to worry about Romo being benched at end of the season!

I have struggled with WR'S,seems like they are the hardest to get this year. Held on to Hightower through many defeats, but think I.m on my way with Chris Johnson, Westy, and Hightower. Lost Romo and subsequently Witten, but looking to make a comeback. Don't have to worry about Romo being benched at end of the season!

:wacko:

I'm watching the replay of last weeks game. Something that jumped out at me were the # of times Hightower not only gained minimal to no yardage but actually took a loss. I just went thru the box score and it was definitely boom or bust with his carries last week:

22 total carries for 109 yards

6 carries were for a loss or 0 gain (-14 total yards)

10 carries were between 1 and 3 yards (18 yards)

6 carries were for 11 or more yards (105 yards)

However as long as he continues to get that many touches he should hopefully continue to make a few big plays each game.

I picked up HIghtower early in the year hoping he would eventually start. I already have Adrian Peterson and Brandon Jacobs at RB. Hightower gives me the 3rd RB i have been looking for. I can now reliably start 3 RBs and 2 WRs

QBS: K. Warner, Sage Rosenfels

RBS: A. Peterson, B Jacobs, T. Hightower, R. Torain

WRS: R. Wayne, J. Cotchery, S. Holmes, W. Welker, N. Washinton

TE: G. Olsen

K: N. Kaeding

Def: Ravens

I'm watching the replay of last weeks game. Something that jumped out at me were the # of times Hightower not only gained minimal to no yardage but actually took a loss. I just went thru the box score and it was definitely boom or bust with his carries last week:

However as long as he continues to get that many touches he should hopefully continue to make a few big plays each game.

My guess is that you'd find that to be not entirely uncommon among even good backs. In fact, when I'm watching a game and the RB continually gains 5 yds play after play, it really stands out. That tells me that it's not something one should expect week in and week out from a player.

As mentioned, you'll see similar of most all every down backs. Guy named Barry Sanders being most prominent. (Not to compare Hightower to Sanders)

The only thing I noticed watching the game was the burst Tim had that Edgerrin hasn't had since his arrival in AZ.

As mentioned, you'll see similar of most all every down backs. Guy named Barry Sanders being most prominent. (Not to compare Hightower to Sanders)

Oh I agree. It was really the 6 carries for 0 or less yards that caught my attention. That seemed to be a high # of losses (unless you compare him to reggie bush :wacko: ). But he does run hard and as long as he's getting 15-20 carries, goal line opportunities and can catch the ball he's got plenty of fantasy value.

Edited by myhousekey

The only thing I noticed watching the game was the burst Tim had that Edgerrin hasn't had since his arrival in AZ.

Funny, I was thinking about Barry when I read that too. He was one of the best examples and actually took a lot of critisism for running east-west so much.

Oh I agree. It was really the 6 carries for 0 or less yards that caught my attention. That seemed to be a high # of losses (unless you compare him to reggie bush :wacko: ). But he does run hard and as long as he's getting 15-20 carries, goal line opportunities and can catch the ball he's got plenty of fantasy value.

exactly...and in that offense, he'll get plenty of redzone opportunities...