[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To Texas, USC, Oklahoma, and Florida fans

GWPFFL BrianW

Had a hunch about Iowa this week. Would think no one is happier than Coach Ferentz.who I'm sure was feeling guilty about cashing those big payroll checks.

Unfortunately, that is a quote I would expect from some dillusional Iowa fans . I will say this, he needed that, haven't had a big win like that probably since that Capital 1 Bowl against your Tigers. Kinda sucks though, with the close losses this year, might have been a better year. Overall, the future looks bright (of course I'm positive like that) despite needing to fill some key holes. The offensive line has been the key. They finally "get it". Hopefully they will continue to "get it" next year as well.

Unfortunately, that is a quote I would expect from some dillusional Iowa fans . I will say this, he needed that, haven't had a big win like that probably since that Capital 1 Bowl against your Tigers. Kinda sucks though, with the close losses this year, might have been a better year. Overall, the future looks bright (of course I'm positive like that) despite needing to fill some key holes. The offensive line has been the key. They finally "get it". Hopefully they will continue to "get it" next year as well.

Not sure exactly how the Iowa faithful felt about their coach prior to this big win over Penn State, but can only guess many fans were questioning the cost of winning 6 games a season. Let's face it the Hawkeye fans deserve better. It's not like Iowa has been a down and out team year in and year out. Always enjoyed those Hayden Fry Hawkeye teams with the TE in that unique no stance.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Not sure exactly how the Iowa faithful felt about their coach prior to this big win over Penn State, but can only guess many fans were questioning the cost of winning 6 games a season. Let's face it the Hawkeye fans deserve better. It's not like Iowa has been a down and out team year in and year out. Always enjoyed those Hayden Fry Hawkeye teams with the TE in that unique no stance.

Yes but the end of the Fry era was not good. Ferentz took over the worst program in the Big Ten in 1999. Reality is Iowa is never going to be a perennial Top 10 team year in and year out like they were in 2002-2004. They went through 3 seasons where they definately underachieved, but I believe in Kirk Ferentz. He took care of the off the field crap and things are looking pretty good again. Problem is, there are a lot of Iowa fans unfortunately that are unrealistic. They just aren't going to be up there with Michigan, and Ohio State. Once in awhile maybe, but as far as a year in and year out type thing, it won't happen.

Yeah that was pretty sweet... and LSU almost made it even more interesting. :D

Went to the Baylor/UT game. Baylor obviously watched some film on Texas Tech's offense and gave the young UT secondary fits with the WR screen plays. Finally, at some point in the 4th quarter, the UT D "got it" and was hammering the Bear WRs on those plays.

UT has a nice pass rush (read: Orakpo and Kindle, to some degree) but their secondary leaves a lot to be desired. If they can somehow make it through the Big 12, they'll have trouble with whoever they face off with in the NC game.

That said, I watched the ALA/LSU game and I can't believe how ridiculously good the SEC is, both defensively AND on offense. :wacko: