[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm proud of my team

Chief Dick

The Chiefs are making a huge step in the right direction. They are playing harder and harder every week, which is a testament that they have bought into Edwards message. And my respect for Edwards grows every week. These guys are selling out for him, and the Chiefs have been hit HARD by injuries.

Thigpen is playing very well. The offensive line is getting better. The defense needs a TON of work, but they are still playing hard.

Reality: Chiefs are not good. But they are playing hard and haven't given up.

Kudos for Edwards going for two. Terrible play call though. But you have to hand it to Gailey and Edwards, who completely changed the offense to suit Thigpens talents.

The Chiefs are making a huge step in the right direction. They are playing harder and harder every week, which is a testament that they have bought into Edwards message. And my respect for Edwards grows every week. These guys are selling out for him, and the Chiefs have been hit HARD by injuries.

Thigpen is playing very well. The offensive line is getting better. The defense needs a TON of work, but they are still playing hard.

Reality: Chiefs are not good. But they are playing hard and haven't given up.

Kudos for Edwards going for two. Terrible play call though. But you have to hand it to Gailey and Edwards, who completely changed the offense to suit Thigpens talents.

As a Pittsburgh Pirates fan, I have been hearing this playing hard crap for 16 long losing years. Playing hard is no consolation for a lousy team. Face it, like my Pirates(and your Royals) the Chiefs are a lousy team that finds ways to lose. Good luck enjoying the hard play and the hard losses.

I think it's safe to say that the Chiefs' future looks a heck of a lot brighter than the Pittsburgh Pirates' does. :wacko: The only thing that would concern me is their seemingly fragile group of RB's and QB's, other than Thigpen.

I agree, by the way... KC certainly put forth a great effort. Conversely, the Chargers sure look pathetic this year. Talk about trying to give games away. Herm should have just called a QB sneak on that last play... the defense may have jhelped Thigpen across the goal line, or just stayed out of his way to avoid physical contact.

Any idea why herm went for two with 3:11 left in the 2nd quarter? They of course didn't convert.

Had they just kicked the extra point then, the final touchdown/XP would have given them the win.

I'm no Herm fan, but it was a lose, lose for him. If he didnt go for it the papers and fans in KC would have eaten him alive. And going for it he didnt stand a chance.

Edited by fingfootball

Any idea why herm went for two with 3:11 left in the 2nd quarter? They of course didn't convert.

Had they just kicked the extra point then, the final touchdown/XP would have given them the win.

He didn't. It was a bad snap and the holder had to try to make a play.

I'm no Herm fan, but it was a lose, lose for him. If he didnt go for it the papers and fans in KC would have eaten him alive. And going for it he didnt stand a chance.

So you're saying that if Herm had the team kick the extra point in the 2nd quarter, the media & fans would've eaten him alive for that. :wacko:

Herman Edwards has powers. Only he could go 1-17 and get fans to believe in him. He did it to us in NY too. Somehow, some way, just when you want him gone, he manages to reel you back in. It's amazing, really, how he had nine lives in NY, and got nine new ones when he went to KC.

I could be wrong.... like that time I said the sun would not come up tomorrow, but it turned out to be a cloudy day. Edwards is smoke and mirrors. The man is a magician.

The Chargers had held them on two straight plays from the 2 yard line already. They scored on third down off of a ricochet. Not exactly sure why Herm felt his offense couldn't be stopped on the two point conversion. :wacko:

Maybe because Herm didn't feel his team could get into the redzone in overtime?

And KC might have something with Thigpen.

It was a bad call, but then again - they're 1-7. What difference does it make? Might as well go balls to the wall.

Tell that to the players. When you're 1-6 you'd kill for a win. The Chiefs scratch and claw their way back only to have the coaches make a horrible decision to go for it. Now they're wondering what the point of all that effort was for.

Think about, they gut stuffed twice, then Gonzo makes an awesome catch on a ball that the DB actually got a piece of....Then you call a play that is so predictable even the old man in the nose bleeds knew it was coming. With the roll out (gee wonder which way a right handed QB is gonna roll out to) the Chargers only had to cover half the field.

Herm is an idiot and Chan Gailey is not an NFL coordinator, I'm not convinced Gunther is anymore either. Two guys who had some NFL success but ultimately flamed out, then fail at running their respective college programs and are now back in the pros. The coaching staff needs to be replaced.

Edited by TecmoBo

The Chargers had held them on two straight plays from the 2 yard line already. They scored on third down off of a ricochet. Not exactly sure why Herm felt his offense couldn't be stopped on the two point conversion. :wacko:

Yeah.....but.....

the TD pass was to Tony Gonzalez. The Chiefs were criticized several weeks ago for not going to Gonzalez at the end of the game. They went to him and he made a play.

And it was third down. And they were clearly going for it on 4th down. I'll take my chances with Gonzalez in that situation 100% of the time.

Edited by Chief Dick