[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Plaxico Burress

mroban

Is it me or is he just not a huge part of the Giants gameplan every week? Its one thing dealing with the suspension and the benching and the usual assortment of nagging injuries. But last year he was a clear go-to guy for the Giants. Was nice he scored a TD but its the only play he has been targeted on so far. Otherwise its the Amani Toomer/Kevin Boss show. Its been like this for a few weeks. Sprinkle in some Steve Smith and it seems Burress' upside is 4-5 catches with maybe a TD once every 3 weeks.

Not exactly what you want out of your #1 WR.

He seems more Chris Chambers than Larry Fitzgerald. Kind of like a good third receiver. Definitely not a number 1 wideout any more.

Most of his value is as a redzone target. Maybe its because the Giants are playing a team with a quality secondary and they are utilizing their underneath routes more. But if you look at the Giants schedule its brutal from here on out. Its all teams with great secondaries (for the most part). So if the coverage is always rolled over to Burress because teams arent afraid of Toomer, then Burress is not going to be a big producer from here on out.

They just dont need to force him the ball with that running game and defense. Id say trade Burress this week if you can since he scored a TD.

I've got Plaxico, but he has very little trade value. I've offered him in a couple package deals but the other GMs aren't interested. Bad attitude, problems with the coach, and overall bad vibes have put a black cloud over Plaxico. I think his teammates are disgusted with his selfish attitude. He's riding my bench until he starts getting more looks and showing a change of heart and better attitude. Maybe that change won't occur, but I'd rather wait on the hope he turns it around then sell low.

Eli missed him later in the game on third and goal. He was wide open on a great move. Eli tried to force it toward the flat and it wasn't even close. I don't know how Eli missed seeing it. Plax kinda threw his hands up in disbelief. They kicked a FG. I was disappointed with only one catch, but at least it was for a TD.

Edited by CaptainHook

Im not advocating dumping him for cheap. Im talking about trading him.

I have an opportunity to trade him, Kevin Smith and Willie Parker for LT and I think its probably worth it since I have a fair amount of depth on the bench.

I agree that Plax likely turns it around somewhat but his schedule is brutal.

It seems to me they are trying to keep him out of the game plan. They only go to him when they need to. He was open quite a bit and didn't even get a look... Is this Coughlin and NYG coaches/players trying to send a message? They are not stupid if they need a play or it is in the red zone they look for him but he just doesn't seem to be getting as many looks since his "issues" with coaches. I could be trying to read into this but that is how I was seeing it. Anybody else see it that way?

It seems to me they are trying to keep him out of the game plan. They only go to him when they need to. He was open quite a bit and didn't even get a look... Is this Coughlin and NYG coaches/players trying to send a message? They are not stupid if they need a play or it is in the red zone they look for him but he just doesn't seem to be getting as many looks since his "issues" with coaches. I could be trying to read into this but that is how I was seeing it. Anybody else see it that way?

Giants are running wild on everyone, when you have running backs running for 200 yards a game teams are going to start trying to stop the run and Plax will be game with big numbers. Hes just not getting the single coverage, when he does Eli goes to him automatically.

Thats my sense too. Ive watched alot of games and he is entirely an afterthought right now in the offense after being fed the ball through the first few games. since the suspension he has been frozen out.

I just traded Plaxico, Holmes, Willie Parker and Kevin Smith for Tomlinson. So there you go.

Now Ill go complain about LT for the rest of the season. At least he wont get suspended by his team for being a jerk.

Thats my sense too. Ive watched alot of games and he is entirely an afterthought right now in the offense after being fed the ball through the first few games. since the suspension he has been frozen out.

I just traded Plaxico, Holmes, Willie Parker and Kevin Smith for Tomlinson. So there you go.

Now Ill go complain about LT for the rest of the season. At least he wont get suspended by his team for being a jerk.

:wacko:

Plax is going to return to form as the Giants are getting to the tough part of their schedule and you arent going to win a championship with the wrs your curently have.

i agree. ive watched the last two games, and eli just doesnt look in plax's direction any more. in a few plays i saw, plax was open or able to make a play, yet eli went short or just threw the ball away.

:wacko:

Plax is going to return to form as the Giants are getting to the tough part of their schedule and you arent going to win a championship with the wrs your curently have.

Its probably true. I have to make a few more moves. Its a gamble but from what I see with Burress its a gamble worth taking. I dont think im winning a championship with Burress, Santonio Holmes and Willie Parker either. LT has a very soft schedule after the Steelers game and even if he cant carry my team he will be an improvement. Santonio Holmes is fungible at this point -- he will probably have a big game or two but the wild inconsistency is not helpful.