[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Monday Night?

detlef

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would imagine that if we held this logical standard to every post made at the Huddle, nearly everyone would have a post count much, much, much lower than it is.

We do it because we're geeks. We do it because, starting Sunday around noon, this occupies a rather pathetically large amount of our thoughts. Of course, Sunday is easy because it's all happening at once. Then the game is put on hold for an excruciating day while we're left to ponder what events, all of which are entirely out of our control, need to go down for us to secure a victory. Sometimes we're spared this as our fate is sealed one way or another.

Other times, we convene here, looking for that flickering beacon of hope that comes in the form of a simple "that's not too much to ask, you should be cool." Maybe we're just looking for an empathetic word to sooth our frustrations. "Wow, looks rough! Of course, you should see my team, I got murdered!"

Don't be the guy that kills the buzz. Don't be that guy.

excellent post. we need a :tinyviolins: smiley, or maybe some backround music. brilliant post.

________

i have Warner, he has Fitz, he leads by eight, i need Warner to not throw to Fitz, or even better a QB sneak, both unlikely

but i like my chances of pulling this one out this week....rabbits foot in hand.

if i win, i will deliver him his first loss of the season.....

Need a HUGH night out of Hightower. I'm down 12 pts. with only Hightower to go and my opponent has Bruce going. I figure 100 + 2 TDs (22 pts. in our league, no PPR) from Hightower, and under 10 points, say 50-60 and no score from Bruce is certainly possible, though a bit unlikely.

To add some spice to the matchup, he has Cutler, Royal, Lewis and Gates (3rd place), and I have Ryan, Marshall, Wayne, Ginn and T. Jones (1st place), so we've had a pretty epic battle this week, and we're basically blowing away the rest of the league. Kind of fitting that it comes down to each team having one player left on Monday night.

I need Warner to throw 3 TD passes and Fitzgerald to catch 2 of the TD passes as I trail 44-25 entering tonight TD only league to stay 1 game behind the divison leader.

Chances of winning 8%.

I need Gore/Fitzgerald to outscore S-Hill/I-Bruce by 1 or more pts to go 11-0 in my $1,000 PPR entry leauge and hold onto 1st place with 4 weeks left in the regular season.

Chances of winning 79%

I need Boldin to score less <27.7 pts in my $500 mid season PPR leauge to go 11-0 and move into 3rd place with 4 weeks left in the regular season.

Chances of winning 71%

Amazingly, I needed Fitzgerald to not be outscored by Boldin by more than 9 points tonight in my league. The 2nd Boldin TD gave my opponent a 1 point lead on me, and Fitzgerald not converting the 2 pt. conversion probably cost me the game. I'm going to lose by one point because I stupidly decided to start Donnie Avery over a number of shaky RBs that outscored him (Chester Taylor, Ryan Grant, Dominic Rhodes). Seems like the Rams are back to being a mess...

Edited by MTSuper7

I had a goose egg on the board in my local TD league going into Sunday night. I knew if jacobs could just score one for me, I'd still have a shot as the guy only had 28 points on the board. I got 12 from Jacobs Sunday night. I got 9 points from the 13 yarder from Warner, and my SF kicker had 3 XPs. So I'm down by 4 at this point when Warner throws a short one for a 6 point TD and the win. Ended up beating the guy 41-28. Not bad for having 3 guys left going into Sunday night. Oh, the guy I beat was 8-1 so I pulled within 1.5 games of him. The FF Gods are definately smiling on me in this league as I've been fortunate to face alot of low scorers this year.