[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Portis' status

budlitebrad

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what its worth the local DC talk radio is saying they would "bet good money" that Portis will be playing against the Cowboys and the early week missing of practice is just designed to give him bonus rest and allow that knee maximum recovery time.

WashD

(Edit as for some bizarre reason I typed hip as injury instead of knee)

Edited by WashingtonD

Hasn't he been at about 50/50 all season? I don't think there is much difference this week is there?

What sucks though is that this is a Sunday night game, so if he is indeed a gametime decision, then it will be too late to substitute most other players for him if he shouldn't be good to go.

RBBC

Redskins coach Jim Zorn expects Ladell Betts (knee) to return to practice this week with an eye toward playing Sunday.

"He's probably in a little bit better position to be active as the week goes on [vs. Portis]. He is nowhere 100 percent yet, but I think he looks like he's gonna participate in practice," said Zorn. Portis owners should pick up Betts for the long haul :wacko: but Sunday's game looks like a committee approach with Shaun Alexander and Rock Cartwright.

Source: Washington Post

Portis is perhaps the toughest player in the NFL. Just a hunch but with the playoffs within reach, he'll be in there. In his Skins career, the games he missed were meaningless--i.e. Skins were out of contention. He began the Gibbs era with a severely sprained shoulder, if you remember. He played every game that year until the playoffs were out of reach. No way he misses this game...

It's Redskins Cowboys week, nuff said he will be in this game without a doubt

I wouldn't count on it.

A 2nd degree MCL sprain usually will keep an athlete out about a month. What's strange about this is that Portis played a full game without incident vs PIT. A week earlier @ DET is when he got his knee rolled upon.

The only way I see Portis playing anytime soon is if the diagnosis was incorrect or Portis misspoke.

I wouldn't count on it.

A 2nd degree MCL sprain usually will keep an athlete out about a month. What's strange about this is that Portis played a full game without incident vs PIT. A week earlier @ DET is when he got his knee rolled upon.

The only way I see Portis playing anytime soon is if the diagnosis was incorrect or Portis misspoke.

As a Cowboys fan I hope you are right

[Redskins RB Clinton Portis (sprained MCL) did not practice today. He was on Michael Irvin’s radio show and said: “If the Super Bowl were tomorrow you’d have to count me out.” Portis spoke openly about his knee stiffness and no range of motion. He said he will undergo 10 more treatments on the knee before Sunday but is 50/50 to play. It’s a Sunday night game so you have to bench him anyway. He could miss next week too, given the history of grade-2 MCL sprains with other players.

I would say more than likely he doesnt play.

Hopefully if he misses the game he'll be rested up for the fantasy playoffs in a few weeks.

Right cause that will be just what the doctor ordered.

Ravens

Bengals

Eagles

:wacko:

I'm going in now with the expectation that he won't play. Eases the mind a bit. Even if he does, how effective would he be? How much would he give up to the others on the roster? not worth it.

Right cause that will be just what the doctor ordered.

Ravens

Bengals

Eagles

It's not the best slate of matchups but he had pretty good games v PIT and @ PHI so I wouldn't say he's a lock for a couple terrible games.

The PIT game should be especially encouraging because when there wasn't much room to run they got him heavily involved in the passing game despite his normal pass protection duties.

Edited by kingfish247

It's not the best slate of matchups but he had pretty good games v PIT and @ PHI so I wouldn't say he's a lock for a couple terrible games.

The PIT game should be especially encouraging because when there wasn't much room to run they got him heavily involved in the passing game despite his normal pass protection duties.

Fair enough

Fair enough

Also, I just don't buy that PHI is so great vs the run. Versus some good rushing teams they've been manhandled. Portis and Jacobs' game last week is proof enough of that.

Of the not so great rushing teams... Gore had a pretty good game but I'm not sure how much of that was trash time or what. MBIII managed a score.

Alright, lets say Portis is a no go this week.

From the USA Today:

"If Clinton can't go, it's going to be a community position," Zorn said. "If Ladell is near 100 percent, I would feature Ladell. If Ladell's not 100 percent, I think I would feature Shaun Alexander - and then Rock Cartwright would be a bigger factor as well."

So taking into consideration the above quote, who's the play here?

Betts?

S.A.?

Cartwright?