[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL MVP

muck

NFL MVP through week ten  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the NFL MVP through week ten?

• Kurt Warner -- 70.6% completions, 2760 yards, 19 TDs, 6 INTs, 106.4 rating, team is 6-3
    • Eli Manning -- 60.5% completions, 1926 yards, 14 TDs, 6 INTs, 88.8 rating, team is 8-1
    • Phillip Rivers -- 65.2% completions, 2354 yards, 21 TDs, 6 INTs, 106.3 rating, team is 4-5
    • Drew Brees -- 66.6% completions, 2985 yards, 17 TDs, 10 INTs, 96.1 rating, team is 4-5
    • Albert Haynesworth -- 32 tackles, 26 solo tackles, 6 sacks, 0 INTs, team record 9-0
    • Jon Beason -- 79 tackles, 63 solo, 0 sacks, 2 INTs, team record 7-2
    • Adrian Peterson -- 1015 yards rushing, 4.9 ypc, 98 yards receiving, 7 TDs, team record 5-4
    • Clinton Portis -- 995 yards rushing, 5.0 ypc, 150 yards receiving, 7 TDs, team record 6-3
    • Someone else (who?)

Forget MVP races, clear your mind, just think talent, and say the first name that comes to you:

1. Who's the best football player on the Arizona Cardinals?

2. Who's the best football player on the New York Giants?

I'll bet you said either Larry Fitzgerald or Boldin for question 1.

I'll bet you said either Justin Tuck, Plaxico Burress or Brandon Jacobs for question 2.

If they're not the best players on their own team, can we please stop talking about Warner and Eli for League MVP?

If they're not the best players on their own team, can we please stop talking about Warner and Eli for League MVP?

I think you are waaaay off base here. This isn't about the best football player on either team. Not by a longshot. It's the player that is most valuable to their team. The one player that, without them, their team would not be as strong as it is with them.

Both Fitz and Boldin, while exceptional athletes, could be replaced without much of a drop-off (see Breaston replacing Boldin)....Umenyora (arguably the best football player on the Giants) has been replaced and the Giants have not missed a beat.

I don't think for one minute you can take either Warner or Manning out of their line-ups, and either team continues to roll, regardless of who their back-ups are. Each have their teams by the collar, and are without question the leaders of their squads.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

I don't think for one minute you can take either Warner or Manning out of their line-ups, and either team continues to roll, regardless of who their back-ups are. Each have their teams by the collar, and are without question the leaders of their squads.

Oh yeah, he's a leader. No, a warrior. No, a field general.