[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets @ Patriots weather/IR

pig devilz

for all of you with an interest in tomorrow nights game...

rain and wind, watch the weather report vid here....... http://weather.boston.com/

IR as reported today...

Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff November 12, 2008 03:56 PM

The Patriots and Jets have released their Wednesday injury reports:

Out

LB Adalius Thomas (forearm)

CB Terrence Wheatley (wrist)

Doubtful

RB LaMont Jordan (calf)

CB Lewis Sanders (hamstring)

Questionable

LB Eric Alexander (hamstring)

RB Sammy Morris (knee)

G Stephen Neal (knee)

DE Ty Warren (groin)

JETS

Out

TE Bubba Franks (hip)

LB David Harris (groin)

S Eric Smith (head)

Questionable

K Mike Nugent (thigh)

Probable

WR Laveranues Coles (thigh)

WR Jerricho Cotchery (shoulder)

WR Brad Smith (shoulder)

LB Cody Spencer (shoulder)

Do you think the weather will limit or make teams focus on the running game. I'm thinking T. Jones is a reasonable start, but I can't even remember if the field is turf (pretty sure it is though). Any Patriot homers know how wet fields have affected RBs in the past?

this particular rain storm is tough to call, meaning it may not be pouring the whole game

but at times it might be....my guess is it will rain most of the game and will have been raining

in the afternoon, ie, wet field to start the game.

the field is field turf and should not be a problem with drainage.

wind will more likely be a factor in the kicking game more than the passing, especially at the open end.plus, i dont see the Jets giving up Favre' arm due to rain/wind.....this is not forecast to be a 'horrible' NorEaster.

Jones may be a 'reasonable start' as you put it, but the Patriot run D has been very stingy lately

just ask Marshawn Lynch, last week in beautiful weather, 14/46/3.3 per....and overall 100 yds per game rushing in 9 games.

Edited by pig devilz

Well, as I'm teetering between Balt and Jets D, I think the poor weather is enough to push me towards the Jets here. Right now, I have T Jones going as well. I have other options, mind you, but I think he's earned starter status against pretty much anyone right now.

Not expecting huge numbers, but at least as good as Barber v the Skins (who is among my other choices)

Well, as I'm teetering between Balt and Jets D, I think the poor weather is enough to push me towards the Jets here. Right now, I have T Jones going as well. I have other options, mind you, but I think he's earned starter status against pretty much anyone right now.

Yea, my flex play option is jones or Moss and I'm leaning towards Jones because he should at least get 70 yards and an outside chance of a TD. I know the Pats have been stout against the run, but with the weather I feel like they are going to make sure he gets 25-30 carries. It could all fall apart, but I'll take the sure points over the chance of 1 or 2 from Moss if the Pat offense struggles. Anyway, you have a toss up on the Barber play. Its hard to bench Jones after his last few weeks (even if they were against week run Ds).

this particular rain storm is tough to call, meaning it may not be pouring the whole game

but at times it might be....my guess is it will rain most of the game and will have been raining

in the afternoon, ie, wet field to start the game.

the field is field turf and should not be a problem with drainage.

wind will more likely be a factor in the kicking game more than the passing, especially at the open end.plus, i dont see the Jets giving up Favre' arm due to rain/wind.....this is not forecast to be a 'horrible' NorEaster.

Jones may be a 'reasonable start' as you put it, but the Patriot run D has been very stingy lately

just ask Marshawn Lynch, last week in beautiful weather, 14/46/3.3 per....and overall 100 yds per game rushing in 9 games.

Dont ask Marshawn anything. He hasnt ran for squat all year.

Dont ask Marshawn anything. He hasnt ran for squat all year.

true that....but he was just the latest hope that failed.

LJ, TJ (round 1), LT, Gore, Addai...yada yada, no TD's and squat for yds.

except for the wildcat dolphins, they have not been run on.

maybe we see the wildcat jets tonight. :wacko:

fyi...the link above to the weather, updates thru out the day.....

Do you think the weather will limit or make teams focus on the running game. I'm thinking T. Jones is a reasonable start, but I can't even remember if the field is turf (pretty sure it is though). Any Patriot homers know how wet fields have affected RBs in the past?

pats homer here....actually live 15 minutes from Gillette.......The Pats installed that new synthetic turf a few years back...

Right now, it is cool and over cast, with rain to move in later on this afternoon/early evening...I don't think it will be torrential downpours, but predicting a steady rain.....

It looks like Morris and Jordan will be out, with BGE and Faulk carrying the load this week....

both jets and new england have pretty solid run D's.......I have both T Jones and Coles....

Being a Pats homer, don't want to start them both......so, leaving Coles on the bench and rolling with T Jones, with prediction of wind....figure Favre may go with the short passes to Cotchery and keller

:wacko:

ESPN reports that 54% of "sports nation" thinks the Jets will win tonight. (from their online poll)

Am I missing something here? Did Rovers and The Wolf just vote a few thousand times each?

I'd call this a pik'em game. NE has a lot of injury problems, Thomas, Harrison, et al, while the Jets O line seems to have jelled over the past few weeks... remember there are 2 new starters on this unit. Favre has cut down on the awful INT's lately. Favre is supposedly good in weather like this. This will be Casse'ls first bad weather game.

Add it all up, and I think it's a very even matchup.

I'd call this a pik'em game. NE has a lot of injury problems, Thomas, Harrison, et al, while the Jets O line seems to have jelled over the past few weeks... remember there are 2 new starters on this unit. Favre has cut down on the awful INT's lately. Favre is supposedly good in weather like this. This will be Casse'ls first bad weather game.

Add it all up, and I think it's a very even matchup.

Yea Favre played great in the bad weather last year at Chicago and at home against the Giants. If Favre throws the ball >25 times tonight he will have 3 picks and one taken to the house.

Yea Favre played great in the bad weather last year at Chicago and at home against the Giants. If Favre throws the ball >25 times tonight he will have 3 picks and one taken to the house.

Maybe you are right. He misses that balmy weather in GB.... where he had such an awful career.