[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denver Homers defense question

Mark5

Just from looking at the scores (allowing 30 points pretty regular) is the Broncos defense THAT bad? Turner looks like a very nice start this week but will Denver key on him at try and let Ryan beat them thru the air? This borders on a stupid queston but I don't get to see very many Bronco games. Do they have ANY ability to slow down TURNER this week? I know Turner doesn't get very many swing passes thrown to him because of Norwood. Rag me if you will but I thought LaDanian was going to have a monster game last week and that didn't happen..

The Broncos have the 2nd worst Rush D in the league having given up 5.1 YPC (only KC is worse at 5.2)...they have given up 1317 yards on 258 carries...the yardage given up ranks 6th worst but the 258 carries rank as the 12 most carries against in the league ...so yeah they are that bad and if the Falcons can build a lead it will be much uglier....if the Broncos can jump out and make the Falcons play catchup then they should be able to limit the bleeding.

I would like to take this time to state emphatically that the DEN run D isn't as bad as the numbers show. It's worse.

The D-line has one player who would make any significant impact on any other team, and that is Dumerville - and only as a situational pass rusher. The LBs aside from DJ Williams sucked to begin with, and now all 3 starting LBs are hurt and being replaced by guys who couldn't beat these guys out in the first place. The best tackler on the team - Champ Bailey - is out, and all other DEN DBs can't cover without a 10 yd cushion and can't tackle unless they fall down and the ball carrier accidently trips over them.

This D is an utter clusterflock. Both Turner & Norwood should be considered must-starts on virtually all rosters this weekend.

I watched the Thursday game and they may be the worst defence I've ever seen. I know allot of it has to do with injuries, but they can't stop anyone. I'm starting Turner, and if I didn't also have DWIll and Hightower I'd be starting Norwood too.

Edited by Belushi

This D is an utter clusterflock. Both Turner & Norwood should be considered must-starts on virtually all rosters this weekend.

Through 6 leagues, have Ryan, Turner and Jenkins (Ryan and Turner on the same team in one league). I also am starting Royal in two leagues, and Prather in another.

What this all means, of course, is this will be a defensive matchup with the Falcons winning 2-0. :wacko:

Edited by cre8tiff