[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MIKE PETERSON BENCHED PERMANENTLY...

keggerz

NFLN just reported that Head Coach Jack Del Rio has PERMANENTLY BENCHED LB MIKE PETERSON and given his

starting LB spot to Daryl Smith

Below was the first info posted on this and the above is the most recent info.

"Peterson believes Jaguars moving on without him"

link

Peterson believes the Jaguars (4-5) are ready to move in another direction, willing to keep the 32-year-old team captain on the sideline for the rest of the season.

“The season’s not going well, older guy, move him out of the way and get ready for next year,” Peterson said Wednesday. “I guess that’s the way it is. That’s the way I’m taking it.”

fwiw. peterson was practicing with the 1st team d this week

Edited by keggerz

Any thoughts on if he'll be a valuable IDP player with his new team next year, or if this move is based on him losing his edge?

his value next year will be completely determined by what team he ends up with and the scheme they employ and what LB spot he ends up playing...with that said, I think he has the talent and would try to hold him in hopes he lands in a nice spot.

Edit: I would think that the Broncos and Bengals could be looking for a MLB and Peterson would have very good value, imo with both of those teams....another team could be KC but since he is above 30 and they are trying to rebuild they may not have any interest in him.

Two other long shot teams could be the Titans and the Lions....it seems as if the Titans like Tulloch and in Detroit it would depend if they decide that Dizon isnt the future at MLB....I think both of those places are highly unlikely locations but still semi plausible too

and don't forget that Angelo Crowell should be moving to a new team too and both he and Peterson can play WLB or MLB

Edited by keggerz