[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys and Indians

Cowboyz1

I can't believe we waited this long to get this thread started. Well, here we go. HUGE game with all kinds of trouble for the loser. This is a very pivital game. Portis being out is very big. Although I think it is a big loss for the Skins he wouldn't be the difference in this one.

The Cowboys are finally back together, mostly. I mean when you think about it, the secondary has been basically Rookies with Newman out, Williams out, Henry banged up, Watkins out, and AJ out. I think the playing time for the rookies Scandrick and Jenkins will prove valuable it's time to get back to playing some Defense. With Newman and Henry back manning the corners and Scandrick and Jenkins in the slot the Secondary will improve. The Cowboys do have 26 sacks which is 5th in the league. So they are pressuring the QB. Washington with a meager 16 are not. I think that continues this week. Romo will have time and Campbell will be running for his life. Since the running game is hurt, Campbell will have to carry the offense. Advantage Cowboys.

Finally, the O line will be intact again with Kosier back. I don't know what happened but with him out and Romo out this line just seemed to come apart. Seems to me if this highly taughted line was all that with three Pro Bowlers, they should have stepped up and made some holes for Barber and gave more time to Brad while Romo was down. For as big as they are up front, their play has been down right lousy. That changes this week. Why I don't know but Romo will not be touched in this one. Barber has a big game.

Prediction

Romo does enough between the 20's then Barber takes it from there. Roy Williams and T.O. have solid days putting Wash in binds all game. Witten, not so much with his ribs the way they are. I don't know if I want to open him up to rib shots over the middle all night.

Defense steps up and gets 5 sacks.

Campbell throws 2 picks

Cowboys 24 Redskins 13

Cowboys begin to put it together for the stretch run.

Edited by Cowboyz1

What are we in, la-la land?

The Cowboys have been dreadful, dating back to before Romo was hurt. Things are falling apart in Dallas, and have been for some time. The bye week did not fix it, and neither will Romo.

Portis is not what the Cowboys must worry about. It is Moss and Cooley that have KILLED them. They are both healthy, as is the underrated Skins defense. The Skins win, with or without Portis...

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

Welll well well, just like I figured it. Romo doesn't get touched. Barber runs all over them. Campbell harassed and sacked 4 times. That was a great game plan. Pound it out with them with Barber. The best part of the game was with 6 or so minutes left on the clock, the Cowboys O line moved the pile and Barber went to pounding out the last few minutes. That is exactly how to win a close game in enemy territory.

Romo looked ok but a bit rusty. He will be fine in a week. BIg win this week.

That was a great grab by the rookie Bennettt for the touchdown. Big play there.

Nice to see Newman get a pick. Secondary looked pretty loose again. There were to many holes in the middle for me.

Good win boys. Good win.