[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Florida is going freaking crazy

detlef

Everyone addressed this after USC's loss to Ore St. Unless Oregon or Cal really stepped up and showed something special then the Trojans would have nothing left on their schedule to help them recover. USC has what is perceived as a weak schedule, probably accurate perception, and they're paying for it. Since their loss they have some pretty good wins and the most "impressive" have been shutout wins over three teams(ASU, UW, WSU) that have combined for a total of 5 victories. UW and WSU might be the worst two teams in the FBS and 2 of ASU's wins are over the Huskies and Cougars. Yes, UF did lose at home and most years any loss to Ole Miss would be "humiliating" for the Gators but the Rebs are 6-4 and have lost those 4 by a total of 19 pts and UF played their worst game of the season. The upside for them has been that they had GA, LSU a pretty good SC and a solid Vandy team remaining on their schedule and they completely dismantled each of them. Overrated in your mind or not, hell overrated for real or not, they have stormed through good teams and have impressed everyone in the country except you.

As for your contention that Tech and OU are doing the samething with no fanfare(from another of your earlier posts)...

If you haven't noticed the attention that TT is getting then you're not paying attention. OU? I'm a fan and can say with ease that since the loss to Texas they have been impressive in beating teams of no sigificance whatsoever and giving up 30 pts a game in doing it. That's why no love. I said this earlier and will say it again, if OU handle, and I mean handle, TT and Okie St they'll get their love. Shoot, they may even jump to 2 with any kind of win at all over those two. Who knows? But for right now I think everything is about as it should be.

When you put up 47 a game in the first half, its just common to call off the dogs a bit in my opinion. OU has definitely given up some gravy points when the game is well outta reach. Since when is winning by 30, not enough.

OU hasnt played Tech( #2) yet, and still have Okie St (#13) on their schedule. They lost to Texas(#3), beat then ranked Kansas(#16), Big East leader Cincinnati (#23), and TCU (#16). Fla beat what 2 ranked teams to date, GA and LSU, and both were almost beaten a 3rd time this past weekend to inferior teams. Fla also lost at home to Ole Miss, while OU lost to #3 ranked Texas in Texas.

My fear is OU beats Tech and Okie St, jumps Fla, but doesnt jump Texas. Texas goes to the Big 12 Champ game, wins and Bama is beaten by FLA, and FLA jumps back over OU, and the final BCS is Texas #1, FLA #2, and OU #3. And tell me how FLA should be ranked ahead of once beaten OU, when they played a tougher schedule, twice as many ranked teams, and their only loss is to #1 ranked Texas, in Texas, while FLA beat 3 ranked teams all year, 2 proved to be complete frauds, and Bama in the SEC Champ game, and they are more worthy? Better team or not in some minds, there is no legit argument that can be made, that FLA is more deserving than OU in this scenerio. And I can easily see it happening.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unta come on- your well thought out and logical post is a waste of time, unfortunately.

Private Ryan got sideways and stopped making sense a long time ago............. personally, I don't even read his rambling, idiotic posts anymore- dood obviously is off his meds

still not sold on the Big 11, since they refuse to schedule anyone decent in their non conference slate - this fun little offensive league may just get it's ass handed to it in the title game by FLA or Bama..............

say FLA beats Bama in a close, hard fought game - we will have Bama, USC and OU/TT sitting there with 1L........awesome

Tech hasn't lost yet. :wacko:

Ranked teams Florida has played or will play include Miami, Georgia, LSU, Alabama. South Carolina, with the 3rd ranked team in the country, was ranked until their loss to Florida. The funny thing is is that during many of these last six games for Florida, their subs have been playing in the 3rd and 4th qtrs, but teams still don't score on them. In 10 games, Florida has given up 113 pts. That is an average fo 13 pts per game. That's a pretty good defense. They have averaged scoring 44 pts per game this season. Not too bad, either.

Oklahoma, of course, has an argument if they win out. So would Texas. So does USC. So does Utah. So does Boise State. So does Florida. It's too bad there isn't a playoff system in place. Since there isn't, the BCS is inherently unfair. Clearly, I hope Florida makes it to the NC game. If they have the opportunity to play Oklahoma, so much the better.

If they have the opportunity to play Oklahoma, so much the better.

Let's all pray that doesn't manifest. Don't want to see another whipping of the Sooners in a NC Game. The USC game was just awful. Game over after 10 minutes, turn off TV and laugh.

Hopefully we'll get Florida vs USC or Tech , though USC is the only team I give a fighting shot at winning against the Gators.

Oklahoma, of course, has an argument if they win out. So would Texas. So does USC. So does Utah. So does Boise State. So does Florida. It's too bad there isn't a playoff system in place. Since there isn't, the BCS is inherently unfair. Clearly, I hope Florida makes it to the NC game. If they have the opportunity to play Oklahoma, so much the better.

Hopefully we'll get Florida vs USC or Tech , though USC is the only team I give a fighting shot at winning against the Gators.

:wacko:

When you put up 47 a game in the first half, its just common to call off the dogs a bit in my opinion. OU has definitely given up some gravy points when the game is well outta reach. Since when is winning by 30, not enough.

OU hasnt played Tech( #2) yet, and still have Okie St (#13) on their schedule. They lost to Texas(#3), beat then ranked Kansas(#16), Big East leader Cincinnati (#23), and TCU (#16). Fla beat what 2 ranked teams to date, GA and LSU, and both were almost beaten a 3rd time this past weekend to inferior teams. Fla also lost at home to Ole Miss, while OU lost to #3 ranked Texas in Texas.

My fear is OU beats Tech and Okie St, jumps Fla, but doesnt jump Texas. Texas goes to the Big 12 Champ game, wins and Bama is beaten by FLA, and FLA jumps back over OU, and the final BCS is Texas #1, FLA #2, and OU #3. And tell me how FLA should be ranked ahead of once beaten OU, when they played a tougher schedule, twice as many ranked teams, and their only loss is to #1 ranked Texas, in Texas, while FLA beat 3 ranked teams all year, 2 proved to be complete frauds, and Bama in the SEC Champ game, and they are more worthy? Better team or not in some minds, there is no legit argument that can be made, that FLA is more deserving than OU in this scenerio. And I can easily see it happening.

I thought you said this wasn't about OU? It was all about UF getting the free pass while USC's 1 loss wasn't as bad. If that is the case then why did you respond only to my OU/TT afterthought and not to the meat of my post addressing why FL gets more love than SC?

Let's not jump ahead of ourselves here Sarge and I'm not sure you can say that Oklahome has played a much tougher schedule than Florida.when they've played powerhouses like Chattanooga, Washington, Baylor, Kansas State, Texas A&M and a very down Kansas team. 5 cupcakes and another team that has been beat up by a lot of teams this year in Kansas. Not sure I'd hang my Title hopes on a tough schedule. :wacko:

OU played Cincinnati who looks to be the Big East Champs, and BCS bound, and TCU who is a top 15 team. So much for this crap. And the previous 2 years OU scheduled Miami, back when Miami was good. Ohio St is on the slate in a couple of years. So get this crap outta here.

And if you actually read my post, you would see it was little against FLA, as much as it was WHY is Florida getting a pass, when SC lost to a better team on the road, as opposed to FLAs loss that has basically been forgotten. I thought SC was the media darling, it looks like FLA has taken her crown, this year anyway.

you know what? yer right on this one- OU did schedule a pretty tough NC slate with Cincy( solid club) and TCU. OU didn't know UW would be so gawd awful - so props to making that trip out west as well. Their NC slate is light years tougher than UT or TT - so assuming they do win out, they very well could leap to #2 which would be a whole new set of problems with the UT loss. Th heads up L is obviously hugh, but other than that OU certainly would have alot more quality wins than Texas or TT

Dude, come on. It's all about OU. That is, when "it" is something that negatively affects OU's status as the best team ever. Then "it" is irrelevant. Get with the program.

You're right. My bad. There I go again hoping for an actual response to what I've actually written. Silly.

UF 70

Citadel 19 :wacko:

Hell, The Citadel scored 19 points. Let's assume something here. Say OU beats Tech tonight. Do they leapfrog UF? And say OU and UF both win out, including their conf. championships. Do we have a UF-OU NC game?

This game was 49-6 at the half and the UF had 2nd and 3rds in before halftime. As for the rest, I think there's an outstanding chance that OU is #2 tomorrow and yes if they win out it will likely be OU/UF.