[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What draft position did the top team in your league have?

dan415

Draft Position  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What draft position did the best team in your league have?

• First
    • Second
    • Third
    • Fourth
    • Fifth
    • Sixth
    • Seventh
    • Eighth
    • Ninth
    • Tenth
    • Eleventh
    • Twelfth

Third -- and that would currently be me in first place.

1 keeper league, everyone pretty much kept RBs. I took Jamal Lewis with my first pick, as he was at the time the best RB left. I wound up going RB, WR, WR for my first 3 rounds. AP was my keeper.

I drafted 12th out of 16 in Good vs. Evil and that pick was Tom Brady. Somehow I have managed to overcome that and after this weekend will be 10-2 and in first place in the righteous Democratic Senate. My team has been remarkable consistent. Anquan Boldin has been the MVP of my team so far.

In one league, I had the 1st pick and am tied for 1st with the guy who had the 2nd pick.

In another, I had the 5th pick but traded back to the 8th for the 1st and 2nd round slots and am basically running away with the league.

Looking at this data, I'm seeing a common thread other than draft spot that predicts who will do well. :wacko:

14 team league. Draft position #9 is the record leader, #12 is the points leader.

My guess is that if you did a large study, Portis owners would be the big first round winners across the board this year. He probably slipped low enough in R1 in a lot of leagues that owner could still grab a good RB2 on the turn.

14 team league. Draft position #9 is the record leader, #12 is the points leader.

My guess is that if you did a large study, Portis owners would be the big first round winners across the board this year. He probably slipped low enough in R1 in a lot of leagues that owner could still grab a good RB2 on the turn.

That should be another poll - put up the top 12 concensus picks and ask which is on the first place team

I took Portis 6th (over Barber) in a 10 teamer and have 4-6 record. My other RBs are KSmith, JStew and Chris Johnson. My problem is points against and starting the wrong guys...

I had the 10th pick in my draft, and am currently 9-2. Looking back at my draft, I don't think it was all that great. Getting Portis at 1.10 was huge, as was McNabb at 5.10. But I took TO at 2.03 and MJD at 3.10 - neither have been great, although MJD has been really good getting into the end zone the last few weeks.

I've had some luck with the schedule and have by and large played the right guys from week to week. Just goes to show you how much luck factors into these things.