[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Justin Gage

mroban

Dude has been incredible last few weeks. Obviously this is his career best game and it wont likely get better than this. But he is a #3 wideout from here on out? Seems like before he got hurt he was the go to guy in Tenn and has resumed that. If the Titans keep having to pass a little more as teams focus on shutting down the run, Gage could be a quality start from here on out.

I picked him up this week and, of course, didnt start him.

Anyone disagree?

Dude has been incredible last few weeks. Obviously this is his career best game and it wont likely get better than this. But he is a #3 wideout from here on out? Seems like before he got hurt he was the go to guy in Tenn and has resumed that. If the Titans keep having to pass a little more as teams focus on shutting down the run, Gage could be a quality start from here on out.

I picked him up this week and, of course, didnt start him.

Anyone disagree?

What do you mean "incredible"? He has been invisible up until today. If you want to roll with him, good luck. I say stop smoking crack and open your eyes.

What do you mean "incredible"? He has been invisible up until today. If you want to roll with him, good luck. I say stop smoking crack and open your eyes.

Amazing how ignorant some people can be. The last two weeks he has been:

4-147 2TDs against the Jags

4-47- 1TD against the Bears

before that he was injured for 5 weeks. prior to getting injured he was:

5-92 against the Vikings

was injured against the texans and didnt play

the game before against the Bengals he was 5-59 and 1 TD

so if your argument is that he was "invisible" it was because he was hurt and not playing. When healthy and playing the guy has been highly visible.

Anyway, thanks for the educated response. Anyone else have an opinion that doesnt involve ad hominem abusive or un-informed knee jerk vitriol?

Im amazed how little people think out of the box when playing fantasy football. I suppose if the fantasy "experts" arent all over a guy, then he isnt worth discussing. This is the part of the season where if you can uncover a diamond or two in the rough you win. Last year I did it with Ryan Grant and when I opined around week 11 or so that Grant was a great play the rest of the year I got hit with the "put down the crack pipe" response too.

You arent always going to be right, but this is a thinking persons game. I guess some of us dont really like to think all that much.

Okay, back to my "crack pipe".

:wacko::D

5-92 against the Vikings

so if your argument is that he was "invisible" it was because he was hurt and not playing. When healthy and playing the guy has been highly visible.

Anyway, thanks for the educated response. Anyone else have an opinion that doesnt involve ad hominem abusive or un-informed knee jerk vitriol?

Im amazed how little people think out of the box when playing fantasy football. I suppose if the fantasy "experts" arent all over a guy, then he isnt worth discussing. This is the part of the season where if you can uncover a diamond or two in the rough you win. Last year I did it with Ryan Grant and when I opined around week 11 or so that Grant was a great play the rest of the year I got hit with the "put down the crack pipe" response too.

You arent always going to be right, but this is a thinking persons game. I guess some of us dont really like to think all that much.

I would not call that "Incredible". And I would call today's performance a "fluke". Go ahead an roll with him, just get used to disappointment.

I would not call that "Incredible". And I would call today's performance a "fluke". Go ahead an roll with him, just get used to disappointment.

Dude, Im raising a question and not advocating either position. Im doing what we call "starting a discussion".

We are in what is called a "forum" where we have "discussions" about certain topics. If you are in the camp of saying "Gage sucks and his performance was a fluke" thats great. Say so.

I am not stating anything other than statistics. There are facts here. He seems to be Collins go-to guy when healthy and the Titans are throwing more.

Im not sure how you can be so quick to dismiss him.

Having said that, I dont totally disagree with you. But perhaps you could consider not being a total :wacko:

As far as the Tenn passing game goes & their WR's, Gage is by far & away, their most heavily targeted WR.

So to my mind, if you're asking if the #1 WR for Tenn would make for a viable #3 WR in fantasy football, then the answer is a resounding yes.

I've had Gage on my team since before the season started.

I've started him a couple of times (we have to start four WRs).

Unfortulately, today wasn't one of them. Wouldn't have mattered though as my team sucks.

Hey Tosberg, I guess the guys who write the Huddle are crack smokers too.ROFLMAO. :D:D:wacko:

2. Justin Gage, Titans

Rising ValueThe Forecast was all over Gage last week, suggesting the Titans sudden willingness to throw the ball around the field could make their top WR fantasy relevant going forward. Gage burned the Jaguars for two touchdowns and 147 yards receiving. Tennessee’s schedule only gets easier with games against the Jets, Lions, Browns and Texans on tap next. Over that stretch, Gage can be a WR3 in leagues with 12 or more teams. An injury earlier this season robbed him of what otherwise might’ve been a 1,000 yard campaign. Gage has scored a touchdown or posted 90+ yards in four of the six games he’s started this season.

Availability: Owned in ~19% of leagues.

Forecast guidance: A Forecast favorite, Gage should be owned in all leagues based on his recent point explosion.

I've grabbed him in one league already and have a WW request to get him in another. I'm not sure I'll be starting him, but I like his upside and schedule. Plus, I'd rather have him on my bench then someone else starting him against me. We'll see how it plays out, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

I can't stand it, but i will laugh my ass off when he performes better than my R. Moss, Plax AND T.O. for the 3rd straight week.

Man, I sure drafted wrong. Should have went with my gut and played Gage, Johnnie Lee Higgins and some other random 4th string chump instead of my three. Obviously play, i suck :wacko:

Edited by John Crapper

I have had him on my team the entire season - and have never even thought about starting him and I don't see that changing now.

I think if he is your WR3 - your gonna be disappointed

Well, my WRs all have been disappointing all season, so Im willing to try anything at this point. Ive been through Plaxico, Santonio Holmes and Chris Chambers as my 1,2 and 3 WRs. Do you think Im happy at this point? There is a reason im 6-5 and not likely to make the playoffs.

Oh yeah, and I traded away Kurt Warner and Roddy White in week 3 for Plaxico and Kevin Smith (and just parlayed those guys into LT). So basically I just traded Kurt Warner and White for LT, but still...been a frustrating season with my WRs.

Im 100% sure that Gage will go back to 3-45 and 0TD numbers but thats what i was getting out of Santonio and Plax for the most part too. He is likely to be as good as those guys going forward which isnt saying much.

5-92 against the Vikings

good post.

i'm cautiously optomistic myself....

I have had him on my team the entire season - and have never even thought about starting him and I don't see that changing now.

I think if he is your WR3 - your gonna be disappointed

Then why have him on your team??? You've had him the entire season, never thought of starting him and don't see that changing....

isn't the idea to have players on your team that you think can produce, thus you can start him????

Anyone else have an opinion that doesnt involve ad hominem abusive or un-informed knee jerk vitriol?

Could you have said that in a gayer way?

....ie no. Except to say lol @ calling a handful of catches and a TD "incredible." He's had ONE really big week.

That said, he is worth a flyer if your bottom-feeder WRs are weak/have no realistic upside. Which is pretty amazing to say about a TEN WR, but fortunately that aint Young out there slinging it -

Hey Tosberg, I guess the guys who write the Huddle are crack smokers too.ROFLMAO. :D:D:wacko:

2. Justin Gage, Titans

Rising ValueThe Forecast was all over Gage last week, suggesting the Titans sudden willingness to throw the ball around the field could make their top WR fantasy relevant going forward. Gage burned the Jaguars for two touchdowns and 147 yards receiving. Tennessee’s schedule only gets easier with games against the Jets, Lions, Browns and Texans on tap next. Over that stretch, Gage can be a WR3 in leagues with 12 or more teams. An injury earlier this season robbed him of what otherwise might’ve been a 1,000 yard campaign. Gage has scored a touchdown or posted 90+ yards in four of the six games he’s started this season.

Availability: Owned in ~19% of leagues.

Forecast guidance: A Forecast favorite, Gage should be owned in all leagues based on his recent point explosion.

Hey dude, lisetn up: If you want to get all bent out of shape because someone didn't respond the way you wanted them to..then so be it. You can lash out and stomp your feet all you want - I can't prevent that. I simply gave you an opinion on Gage that YOU asked for. He's had 1 (that's 1 multiplied by 1) good game and I for one, don't trust him. He get's hurt too much and is notoriously unreliable. I would only gamble on him if I had no other choice (which may be your situation). I, fortunately, DO have other choices.

And so there you have it - the ugly truth. And I know the truth hurts, but you know what? The truth will set you free. It almost has a cleansing power, a "catharsis" if you will. And now that you know the truth, what will you do with it?

Edited by tosberg34

Nothing wrong with looking at all your options in FF. The people that say "I'm not going to even consider this guy" or There's no way I'm considering that guy" usually miss out of the action.

Yes, Gage is one of those guys that doesn't strike fear into your opponents but who cares as long as he scoring points?

Nothing wrong with looking at all your options in FF. The people that say "I'm not going to even consider this guy" or There's no way I'm considering that guy" usually miss out of the action.

Yes, Gage is one of those guys that doesn't strike fear into your opponents but who cares as long as he scoring points?

Yup. despite the ghey pissing match this thread has evolved into; Gage was putting up fairly decent fantasy performances at the end of last year and the beginning of this year. Now he has gotten healthy again. In my 12 team local with with 20 player rosters, dang right he has vying for a spot as either a #3 WR or flex.

Call me crazy, but I think I'm starting him at flex this week. The Jets have been easier to throw against than to run, and I like Gage's chances at a good day compared to Chris Johnson. Hopefully, I'm not out "strategerizing" myself on this.