[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Polamalu TD would have change outcome of game in league

Dont Rookie Me........

I thought of that. But, it still falls under the category of, "does it/should it really count, or do you just want it to?" Instead of winning the tie-breaker on a legitimate play, you snatch it with some freak show play that should really have never taken place.

I don't care how freak show of a play it was. The correct call should have given the Steelers a TD. If the Steelers lose a tie-breaker (very doubtful) due to margin of victory, and those 7 points would have won it, I think Steeler fans have plenty of reason to gripe. It was a freak play, but, it happened and should have counted. I could care less about gamblers and fantasy football results, but, for tie-breaker purposes, I wish they would have gotten it right.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am actually really surprised at the stupidity of some of the responses by some so called All-Pros :wacko: .

Where the hell do I get my All Pro badge and what does it take to get one? :D The only possible explanation is that some of you blew your way to All Pro status and must be fairly good at it. We can then assume that All Pro means professional balloon work boy, but then people like Skippy and Captain Hook come in and save your ass giving the site an ounce of credibility. Your arguments a little more appealing then my 8 year old niece, but my ten year old nephew would definitely give you a run for money.

Skippy, Riffraff, CaptainHook, Big Socre 1, Detlef thanks for some solid ammo to go back with and make a decent argument. As I said in the first post I am not in favor giving him credit and just wanted to see if there were any angles I was forgetting.

I can't think of many questions more stupid than "should I change the score of a fantasy football game because the ref.s blew a call and one of the fantasy teams should have got more points". Talk about opening a can of worms ... I can just see owners every week contacting the commissioner with blown calls that would have resulted in their players getting more points.

I can't think of many questions more stupid than "should I change the score of a fantasy football game because the ref.s blew a call and one of the fantasy teams should have got more points". Talk about opening a can of worms ... I can just see owners every week contacting the commissioner with blown calls that would have resulted in their players getting more points.

This is the exact reason why I don't play Fantasy Death Row Inmates any longer.

I don't care how freak show of a play it was. The correct call should have given the Steelers a TD. If the Steelers lose a tie-breaker (very doubtful) due to margin of victory, and those 7 points would have won it, I think Steeler fans have plenty of reason to gripe. It was a freak play, but, it happened and should have counted. I could care less about gamblers and fantasy football results, but, for tie-breaker purposes, I wish they would have gotten it right.

You as a Steeler fan would like to see the same change that the Fantasy goofs are talking about. Points that weren't by a bad call and should not have been earned in any sense of reality. If the Steelers' season boils down to this one bad call (might I as a Charger fan be able to cry along with you? I won't, but maybe that is where we are different on this topic. Denver is OVER I tell you, OVER AND IN THE PAST :wacko: ), do you really want to point at a freak play that should never of happened to claim your teams ultimate success? I would think that that would be more embarrassing than prideful. It should have never happened and probably won't ever again in that type of situation. Get over it and hope your team actually earns a berth on merits and not on freak luck. Based on the nature of the play and the game situation, I have more to biotch about than you do. Ours LOST A GAME, your just lost some points on a very long season.

You as a Steeler fan would like to see the same change that the Fantasy goofs are talking about. Points that weren't by a bad call and should not have been earned in any sense of reality. If the Steelers' season boils down to this one bad call (might I as a Charger fan be able to cry along with you? I won't, but maybe that is where we are different on this topic. Denver is OVER I tell you, OVER AND IN THE PAST :D ), do you really want to point at a freak play that should never of happened to claim your teams ultimate success? I would think that that would be more embarrassing than prideful. It should have never happened and probably won't ever again in that type of situation. Get over it and hope your team actually earns a berth on merits and not on freak luck. Based on the nature of the play and the game situation, I have more to biotch about than you do. Ours LOST A GAME, your just lost some points on a very long season.

I forgot how fun you are to have a debate with. :wacko:

For the record, does Phillip Rivers curse ? :D

We've taken that out of the equation. Kickers get points for the FG attempt, regardless of if they make it or not. We do the same thing for QB's, WR's, and RB's. If an RB should have broken a long run, we give him credit. If a QB should have completed a pass, why should he not get the yardage? It completely takes the refereeing out of the game and avoids situations as mentioned above. Why should we penalize someone for not performing or allow the refs to make mistakes?

So I should get credit for the goal that was taken away from Brunette against the Pens, right? :wacko:

if your QB takes a knee twice and nets -2 yards rushing and you lose by .1 should that loss count?

Of course it should. This game is in the NFL ARCHIVES now as 11-10 and that is all you need to know.

oh, and what about the TDs that opposing RBs score against your team and there is a blatant hold that doesn't get called?

Not to hijack the thread or anything...but the whole kneel down thing confuses me. Why is that not considered a sack of the QB? It is most certainly a tackle of a QB for a loss isn't it? Actual sacks of a QB don't count as negative rushing yardage against a QB right, so why should a kneel down which to my line of thinking is also a sack? Maybe I am just not up to speed on how the QB kneel down is defined by the NFL. Also, if the QB kneel down is technically a sack (my theory anyway) - defenses should probably be getting credit for those kneel downs as sacks right?

Anyway....sorry to hijack - any thoughts though?

KO'd

Not to hijack the thread or anything...but the whole kneel down thing confuses me. Why is that not considered a sack of the QB? It is most certainly a tackle of a QB for a loss isn't it? Actual sacks of a QB don't count as negative rushing yardage against a QB right, so why should a kneel down which to my line of thinking is also a sack? Maybe I am just not up to speed on how the QB kneel down is defined by the NFL. Also, if the QB kneel down is technically a sack (my theory anyway) - defenses should probably be getting credit for those kneel downs as sacks right?

KO'd

My thought is that is one very dumb post.

Dude, it's just common sense. Everything doesn't have to be so literal.

Okay....just thought I'd ask...if it is common sense then thanks for enlightening me - just doesn't seem right to me is all....it's a QB losing yardage behind the line of scrimmage which seems similar to what happens in a sack....

KO'd

KO'd

Dont think it was such a stupid question....

To be considered a sack the quarterback must intend to throw a forward pass. If the play is designed for the quarterback to rush (run) the ball, any loss is subtracted from the quarterback's rushing total. If the quarterback's intent is not obvious, statisticians use certain criteria, such as the offensive line blocking scheme, to decide. Other unique situations where a loss reduces a quarterback's rushing total (not a sack) are "kneel downs" (used to run time off the game clock), and aborted plays, such as a fumbled snap that the quarterback falls on to maintain possession.

Dont think it was such a stupid question....

To be considered a sack the quarterback must intend to throw a forward pass. If the play is designed for the quarterback to rush (run) the ball, any loss is subtracted from the quarterback's rushing total. If the quarterback's intent is not obvious, statisticians use certain criteria, such as the offensive line blocking scheme, to decide. Other unique situations where a loss reduces a quarterback's rushing total (not a sack) are "kneel downs" (used to run time off the game clock), and aborted plays, such as a fumbled snap that the quarterback falls on to maintain possession.

Cool - thank you for the info...I do appreciate it. Just one of those nagging plays that has bugged me for a while.

KO'd

However, there is a playoff tie-breaker scenario on margin of victory. It is down the list, but, it has been used before.
Have two teams really gone that far down the list of tie breakers? Or were those times that it made it down to the current #7 on the list pre-2002 when the rule was higher up?

So, the fact that 99% of Non-Chargers fans dislike the guy is just a strange coincidence, huh......... :wacko:

93.6 % of the people that quote percentages are wrong 97.2% of the time. This is not a strange coincidence, just unhealthy, secret man-love. Get an intervention brah!

93.6 % of the people that quote percentages are wrong 97.2% of the time. This is not a strange coincidence, just unhealthy, secret man-love. Get an intervention brah!

:wacko: That did make me laugh. Good work.