[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Jacobs

myhousekey

Sounds like the MRI came back good but now I'm hearing reports he still may sit out against Arizona in Week 12....

Anyone else have any news?

11/18/08 11:54 AM

THE NEWS

Updating an earlier report, Brandon Jacobs may not play in Week 12 due to his knee injury, according to the NY Daily News. He said, "I could line up and go play on Sunday if our team was in serious need of a running back. But as everyone knows, they�re not. We have a stable of horses lined up and ready to go. So I could play if I wanted to and I needed to, but I don�t know if they�ll let me."

Our View

His MRI showed no structural damage, but he is dealing with swelling that is causing concern. Fantasy owners may be wise to pick up Derrick Ward for insurance if available on the waiver wire, in case Jacobs is held out.

It will not matter who is running the ball as the Cardinals will win this game and set up a rematch for the NFC championship game :D

Call me crazy......but this is the year for the Cards!!

I agree...the way they smashed down the Seahawks and Niners without trying really proved that :wacko::D

I would think Ward would get the start, but they would split the carries close to 50/50. They would both be good plays this week if that were the case.

i tend to agree with this logic. each week it's been a rbbc with jacobs in there, why change it now.

plus, if the injury isn't that bad and jacobs is back in a week, why burn out ward in one week.

i see ward taking jacob' role and bradshaw taking ward'...if jacobs doesn't play

one concern is who returns kicks....does bradshaw still fill that position and also get enough touches/looks

in or out of the backfield?

I would think Ward would get the start, but they would split the carries close to 50/50. They would both be good plays this week if that were the case.

im not so sure its 50/50...id be willing to bet its more like 66/33 Ward getting the majority.

For FF purposes, I was hoping Jacobs would be playing, but with 3 divisional games in a row and a 3-game division lead, I can't see the Jints playing him in week 12.

That being said, I see 66/33 Ward over Bradshaw unless the game gets out of reach, then more touches go to Bradshaw

I agree...the way they smashed down the Seahawks and Niners without trying really proved that :wacko::D

Please do not rain on my parade here.....this Cardinal team might be the best football team to ever step on the field and nothing will get in the way this year....not the Cowboys, the Giants or the Eagles......we let Washington off the hook with a late INT in the 4th....here is how it will work:

G-Men win the East and have one bye

NFC C beat up on each other and the one who comes out on top is 9-7 and wins the tiebreaker

NFC S does the same thing, the Saints will be the key here beating Car/Atl/TB and bringing the top team to 10-6

The Cards win 11 this year, at 7 now add (Stl, Sea, Mn, Phil) with 3 other games if one of these go south.......thus:

They get a bye in round one and HOST the winner of Atl/TB/Car/GB/Chic/Dall pick one, they are all beatable at home!!

So they have one game left (if you are still reading thanks!) anything can happen in one game, a rematch against the G-Men and Warner drives them to victory!!!

Of course we are only one hit away from the season being over....but let's not think about that right now....Karma baby, Karma

Please do not rain on my parade here.....this Cardinal team might be the best football team to ever step on the field and nothing will get in the way this year....not the Cowboys, the Giants or the Eagles......we let Washington off the hook with a late INT in the 4th....here is how it will work:

G-Men win the East and have one bye

NFC C beat up on each other and the one who comes out on top is 9-7 and wins the tiebreaker

NFC S does the same thing, the Saints will be the key here beating Car/Atl/TB and bringing the top team to 10-6

The Cards win 11 this year, at 7 now add (Stl, Sea, Mn, Phil) with 3 other games if one of these go south.......thus:

They get a bye in round one and HOST the winner of Atl/TB/Car/GB/Chic/Dall pick one, they are all beatable at home!!

So they have one game left (if you are still reading thanks!) anything can happen in one game, a rematch against the G-Men and Warner drives them to victory!!!

Of course we are only one hit away from the season being over....but let's not think about that right now....Karma baby, Karma

How did this little "fantasy" post show up in a Brandon Jacobs thread? I mean, I know it's a Fantasy Football forum... but that's near to me as a Jets fan proclaiming they are bound for the Super Bowl. They beat NE, right? :wacko: Yeah, but they lost to 'em too.... my gravy has no drugs in it. The AZ D has no run stoppers in it. Nuff said.

Back on topic....Right now, Jacobs fully practiced today and is officially "probable". That probably means he starts, get 10 touches, and Ward gets 20? What a cluster flock.

:wacko: He lives in New Orleans.

Grew up in the STL.....back in the days of Hart, Metcalf, Green, etc......team moved, but my love for them remained.....tough life I know, they have not given many reasons to get excited......and yes, have said this is "our year" since the late 80's....it's coming I can fell it baby!!

How did this little "fantasy" post show up in a Brandon Jacobs thread? I mean, I know it's a Fantasy Football forum... but that's near to me as a Jets fan proclaiming they are bound for the Super Bowl. They beat NE, right? :wacko: Yeah, but they lost to 'em too.... my gravy has no drugs in it. The AZ D has no run stoppers in it. Nuff said.

Back on topic....Right now, Jacobs fully practiced today and is officially "probable". That probably means he starts, get 10 touches, and Ward gets 20? What a cluster flock.

What do you mean "fantasy"? I did not say SB, I only said NFC Championship..........no drugs as far as you know....I get high on 400 yard passing games from Warner!!

What area of NO do you live in? Perhaps we can get together and :wacko: a few and talk FB.

Slayer...My company relocated to Nashville, post Katrina, so I am now in TN (not wearing any Orange). Lived on the North Shore, but my wifes parents are on the best bank (no yats please) and her Bro is in Covington, I make it back now and again, I will be there around December 15-18 for work, not sure where i will be staying, but will tip a few while I am there. Let me know if you will be in town and we could have a cold one.

I would rather root for the St Louis Cardinals than the St Louis Rams.

So I will jump on the bandwagon with you BD, seeing as how my Chiefs are about to be eliminated from playoff contention.

GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!