[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

VIKINGS DEFENSE

RussMan

I wasnt paying close enough attention to this... and have MIN as my Defense heading into the playoffs... my only other defense is Buffalo... our league trade deadline has passed and I can't pick up another D.

:wacko:

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the rulings on suspensions are expected to be announced early next week. Vikings have three star defensive linemen facing suspension: Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, and Jared Allen.

Edited by RussMan

The Williams' are appealing their 4 game suspensions and it will be heard tomorrow.

As for Jared Allen, the jury is out:

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that Vikings defensive end Jared Allen has been summoned to the principal’s office this week following last Sunday’s helmet-to-helmet hit on Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Per Glazer, Allen’s task will be to make the case to Commissioner Roger Goodell as to why he doesn’t deserve a suspension or another stiff fine. Earlier this month, the league slapped Allen with a $50,000 fine for two low hits against Texans quarterback Matt Schaub. Allen supposedly was warned that any further on-field violations would trigger a suspension.

Though we think Allen should have been suspended for his low hits on Schaub, we also think that helmet-to-helmet hits are a different animal, and that Allen should be placed on a separate track of discipline for that violation.

Allen probably won't miss much time, but if the Williams' suspensions are upheld, the Viking defense will take a serious fantasy hit. Depending on when they happen it could fall right in the middle of the fantasy playoffs.