[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Warner vs. Giants

Hat Trick

Am I crazy for thinking of benching him this week? I have him on 3 teams and I am seriously considering benching him this week for Big Ben vs. Bengals or Garcia vs Detroit.

That Giants D is tough. Is this the week that Warner has a bad game? I'm sure he'll rack up 250 yards, but I'm thinking he doesn't have that 300 yard game and multi TD game. I figure the Giants are going to shut down the run pretty easily and focus on getting to Warner and messing up his timing and hitting him alot. What's you say? Is this the week to sit him?

Edited by Hat Trick

Has the best WR tandem in the league. He's red hot. Don't bench him.

Although, when pressured he seems to melt and turn the ball over like it's his jobs, and the GMen will bring the heat, but I still can't see benching him unless your other option is Brees.

I was considering playing Cutler over him this week, but how do you argue with success? He lit up Carolina on the road, when it didnt look promising. If they can protect him, I think he's got the weapons to make some music. WIth no Jacobs, maybe its a closer game than we think. Leaning to Warner....

I was considering playing Cutler over him this week, but how do you argue with success? He lit up Carolina on the road, when it didnt look promising. If they can protect him, I think he's got the weapons to make some music. WIth no Jacobs, maybe its a closer game than we think. Leaning to Warner....

I think its alittle early to presume Jacobs won't play.

As to Warner, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Of course this tweaker trash that hangs out at my local bar always says "If it ain't broke, break it and try to fix it". So who knows.

I am facing Warner, Fitz, and Breaston this week in a "must win" for me.

One half of me wants Warner to play, because it is against the Giants, and the Giants can shut down anybody....sometimes.

The other half of me wants no part of Warner and 2 of the 3 Cardinal receivers, and hopes the other owner benches him.

The rest of me wants to go toe to toe against the best record in the league and let the chips fall where they may.

Yes, I give 110%.

Before the game against the Rams, a STL columnist printed the stat from Elias Sports that Warner has the highest QB rating in the league on plays where the QB is blitzed. Everyone likes to talk about pressuring him and hitting him, but that seems to be exactly what he wants you to do. He makes very good decisions and has a really quick release combined with a good O-line. It seems like the smart thing to do is rush 3 or 4, double up his big 2 guys and take your chances against the run.

No way I'd bench him this or any week. The so-far concensus MVP is the definition of a stud.

AZ's frequent use of the shotgun should help vs the Giants D.

Giants D is good but this is the same D that allowed Derek Anderson to throw for 310, Palmer for 286, and O'Sullivan for 256. Only the SF game could be attributed to trash time.

Also, the AZ OL has come together after allowing 12 sacks in Warner's first 5 games and only 6 sacks in the next 5.

One league I have to decide between Warner and Romo. Even though Romo is up against SF this week...after last week I think I'll keep him on the bench a little while longer and stick with Warner.

I thought Romo showed promise for at least the next 2 games....

having said that, you still have to start Warner...

Go ask someone who benched Brandon Jacobs last week against the #1 rushing defense if you should bench Warner this week.

Bingo. Paralysis by analysis. :wacko:

I am facing Warner, Fitz, and Breaston this week in a "must win" for me.

One half of me wants Warner to play, because it is against the Giants, and the Giants can shut down anybody....sometimes.

Why do you say the Giants can "shut down anybody"? Didn't the Giants give up 30+ points to both the Browns and Eagles over the last 6 weeks? I would think the most prolific passing attack in the NFL could do the same.

Why do you say the Giants can "shut down anybody"? Didn't the Giants give up 30+ points to both the Browns and Eagles over the last 6 weeks? I would think the most prolific passing attack in the NFL could do the same.

Not that I made the comment, but let me throw a few stats your way:

NYG passing defense ranked #2 allowing 174 YPG and 12 TD's allowed. They're 4th in the league with 14 INT's and 4th in the league with 31 sacks. Kurt will not have an easy time this week.

Kurt Warner is averaging 315 YPG and exactly 2 TD passes per game. Going against a defense that allows just over 1 TD per game, pressures the QB, has more than 1 INT per game, I wouldn't expect too much from Warner.

240 yards and 1 or 2 TD's seems about right. Keep in mind some of his big games came against MIA, NYJ, SEA, STL, SF, not exactly top defenses.

All of you guys that think Kurt is going for 300+ and 3 TD's are going to very disappointed imo.

JMHO. :wacko:

NYG passing defense ranked #2 allowing 174 YPG and 12 TD's allowed. They're 4th in the league with 14 INT's and 4th in the league with 31 sacks. Kurt will not have an easy time this week.

Kurt Warner is averaging 315 YPG and exactly 2 TD passes per game. Going against a defense that allows just over 1 TD per game, pressures the QB, has more than 1 INT per game, I wouldn't expect too much from Warner.

240 yards and 1 or 2 TD's seems about right. Keep in mind some of his big games came against MIA, NYJ, SEA, STL, SF, not exactly top defenses.

All of you guys that think Kurt is going for 300+ and 3 TD's are going to very disappointed imo.

The question was "would you bench him?" I say no way.

I agree 100% with both comments....though I do feel the 300 yard mark is attaintable, as I think the Cards will completely abandon the run with Hightower, and Warner will throw the ball 50-55 times....yardage by default.

But the post I was replying to stated "the giants would shut Warner down".

I don't see 240 yards/2Tds as "shutting someone down"....thats worth about 16-20 points (depending on scoring) in my leagues, and I'd take it every Sunday.

I have Big Ben also but after what I saw Cincy do with Mcnabb, coupled with Big Ben's shoulder, I just don't trust him on a short week. Warner scares me a bit this week but I do think the Giants will have their hands full with Fitz and Boldin. If they blitz then someone is one on one and Warner gets the ball out quick and to the right person. I am going with Warner with confidence. MVP's don't get shut down. Manning didn't get shut down by anyone in his MVP years.

I also hope ARZ beats the Giants to help us out in the division. Gives me extra reason to pull for Warner and co.

As did I a few posts earlier, however, I don't think he gets 300 and 3 like may people are expecting, based on my post with the stats and numbers.

Yep, I see it now, I missed it. :wacko:

I'm benching him for P.Manning this week. Just a gut feeling that Manning is going to go off against SD, and Kurt has an average day against the Giants pass rush. Not bad options tho eh????

Edited by heehawks

While throwing out numbers consider this...Of the 11 opponents the Giants have faced this year only 2 have a passing game ranked in the Top 10 for yards passing per game, Dallas at 10th and Philly at 4th.

Their other 9 games were against:

Washington - 20th

St louis - 28th

Cincy - 30th

Seattle - 31st

Cleveland - 27th

San Francisco - 17th

Pittsburgh - 18th

Baltimore - 29th

So maybe their secondary has not been to aggressively tested so far this year and maybe that has something to do with why it is so highly ranked right now. Because last year during their Super Bowl season their Passing Defense was good but not great. They anded the regular season ranked 10th against the pass.

While throwing out numbers consider this...Of the 11 opponents the Giants have faced this year only 2 have a passing game ranked in the Top 10 for yards passing per game, Dallas at 10th and Philly at 4th.

Washington - 20th

St louis - 28th

Cincy - 30th

Seattle - 31st

Cleveland - 27th

San Francisco - 17th

Pittsburgh - 18th

Baltimore - 29th

So maybe their secondary has not been to aggressively tested so far this year and maybe that has something to do with why it is so highly ranked right now. Because last year during their Super Bowl season their Passing Defense was good but not great. They anded the regular season ranked 10th against the pass.

And Dallas was playing with a shell of their offense in that game. I've said it before, I think the Giant secondary is very beatable IF you can protect the QB, but therein lies the problem.

Washington - 20th

St louis - 28th

Cincy - 30th

Seattle - 31st

Cleveland - 27th

San Francisco - 17th

Pittsburgh - 18th

Baltimore - 29th

Stuff like this and this thread in general are why I hang out here. good stuff.