[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Warner vs. Giants

Hat Trick

Maybe it's just me, but I still think that a lot of us look at Arizona and don't trust them. We expect that one of these weeks, the walls will come tumbling down and we'll see the "same old Cardinals". We just feel like they aren't legit because they have sucked for so long that it is difficult to accept the fact that they are going to win their division easily and might push deep into the playoffs. That's why threads like this get started. We somehow think that the clock will strike midnight and that Warner and the Cards will turn back into a pumpkin. I'm not sure at what point they will have gotten beyond that stigma in our minds.

I don't see how you can bench Warner, regardless of matchup. But there's a little part of me that keeps thinking I'll see the same old Cardinals this weekend. If not this weekend, next... Or the weekend after next... You know what I mean?

Has the best WR tandem in the league. He's red hot. Don't bench him.

Although, when pressured he seems to melt and turn the ball over like it's his jobs, and the GMen will bring the heat, but I still can't see benching him unless your other option is Brees.

I'm going with him with no second thoughts in one league. In the other, I do have Brees so he gets the call as he has all year. Nobody would take a trade offer from me for Warner. Their loss and I'm 9-2 and now don't have to worry about facing Warner in the playoffs.

I watched him play live on Sunday at Qwest. Athough the Seahawks corners were absolutely killed by Fitz and Boldin, the heehawks did get some pressure on him. We are talking about one of the worst pass rushing defenses in the NFL. When he does get real pressure, he folded like a lawn chair. Turnovers, ints, scores the other way. There were mulitple times that he had ample time to throw and the heehawks just missed the pick because the receivers were dominant and outfought them all. There was also a pick almost returned.

That being said, the Giants defense is a superior defense to the heehawks. Warner may throw for yardage, but only one TD wouldn't surprise me at all. And if you are in leagues like mine, picks are -2, he makes me even more nervous. Like I said earlier, I have a very good alternative (Manning). But I wouldn't hesitate to start him over the likes of Cutler or Rodgers. One could do much worse this week than start Warner.

The main thing is gettin the Cards O on the field.....i can see the G-men eatin up the clock big time and then Warner will have to take chances when he gets his hands on the ball.....but that was the past :wacko: Whiz has got this team playin different...sit'em in DOH....I dare Ya :D

Glad we were able to help you see the light with starting Warner, Hat. He's gold this year.

.....just don't get puffed at us if he comes up with one of his 1 INT/4 fumble games....he's known to do that, ya' know. :wacko:

The interesting thing about the fumbles is that even though they can and do happen, Warner has never lost more than 6 fumbles in an entire season. And only that many in a season one time. So maybe he is done losing them for the year. I hope.

I don't see how you can bench Warner, regardless of matchup. But there's a little part of me that keeps thinking I'll see the same old Cardinals this weekend. If not this weekend, next... Or the weekend after next... You know what I mean?

Yep, and I absolutely agree.

I wouldn't bench Warner this weekend, but mostly because they're playing in Arizona. I can see Warner having a solid game in his own pass-friendly house, but I don't foresee a big one. Not just because of the Giants D, but I imagine that the Giants running game will control the clock and limit ARI's possession time.

Edited by Bill Swerski