[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2008 Week 12 Gamblers (Anonymous) Thread

Steeltown Dre

My heart says NOS and the Over. My head says that maybe the Packers are simply the better team, and their pass D will slow Brees down enough to get the win. If that happens, I see a 24-20 type of game... So, maybe GBP and the Under. In other words, I have no idea.

My gut says stay away, and just watch and enjoy the game... I'll be working tonight, and watching the 1.5 hour DVR version later. I think I might enjoy it more if I don't make a play. The only thing that makes me second-guess my lean towards the Pack is that NOS is 5-1 at home (with their only loss being the "fluke" game against MIN). That, and the fact that they haven't truly been home in a month MIGHT motivate the defense just enough cancel out their lack of a running game.

I think a big play or two on defense, by either side, decides this game. If Brees can avoid giving GB another return touchdown via INT or fumble, I think NOS wins. If the Saints lose the turnover battle, however, and can't establish a running game to expoit the Packers' defense, I think GB steals it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was thinking of teasing NOS +7 and over 44.5 and/or GBP +7 and under 58.5. But, decided to stay away from the teasers tonight (shocking, I know) and going with a parlay:

NOS (pick em)

Over 51.5

I think the home field factor will be enough for the Saints to win a close game. Both of these teams will score 20+ and the odds are likely that one will be in the 30's... I just like the chances of this going over much more than under. Even at 28-24, it's covered.

Good luck.

This line has moved a ton....I got it yesterday at GB +2.5 and could get it to NO +1.5 for a 4 pt middle oppty (fact I bet a small amount makes me not bother)

I like GB to win relatively handily tonight - their defense will be the key to this and will not only keep NO in relative check but possibly put some pts on the board

I am on a hell of a Monday night run (7-2) and I think I've got this one pegged too.

Packers (pk)

Under 52

Parlay time.

Was thinking of teasing NOS +7 and over 44.5 and/or GBP +7 and under 58.5. But, decided to stay away from the teasers tonight (shocking, I know) and going with a parlay:

NOS (pick em)

Over 51.5

I think the home field factor will be enough for the Saints to win a close game. Both of these teams will score 20+ and the odds are likely that one will be in the 30's... I just like the chances of this going over much more than under. Even at 28-24, it's covered.

Good luck.

Well, that worked out nicely... :wacko: Even though I won my bet, though, I really can't say that I "called it." I hemmed and hawed on which team to pick, and strongly considered teasing the under 58.5. For once, I actually made the right call (usually if it's a tough game to call, I'm better off just staying away). Anyway, I'm back in the positive for the week, but definitely one of my worst weeks as far as teasers go.