[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon marshall vs Asomaugh

LayLow

So wait, you "encourage me to watch some of their games" after I quote reliable fantasy resources that showed Asomugha in various CB slots, and yet now you're relying on some online information to suit your gain? :D

I "encourage" whoever wrote this for Rotoworld to watch the games. Ted Ginn's TD wasn't a pass play, so this last comment is completely moot. :wacko:

Where did you quote reliable fantasy resources? You said 2 sites say he lines up at LCB and 1 where he lines up at RCB. You should watch more games b/c kpholmes is def most knowledgeable person in this thread.

I watched the OAK MIA game and I did not see Aso roaming and shadowing Ginn. He sat at RCB. I didn't post the link to suit my gain. I posted to see what kpholmes thought about it. It makes sense that Smith, Cotchery got shutdown b/c Aso had to be roaming. But earlier in the year Aso was not roaming.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko:

Like I said, it all will depend on how Ryan plays him.

A lot of fantasy analysts haven't watched enough Raider football (who can blame them?) to realize that Ryan has stopped locking Asomugha into RCB and base their claims off of Ryan's traditional schemes. IMO the numbers speak for themselves, if Smith, Cotchery and Mason were splitting time between multiple corners, don't you think they'd each have more than one catch?

Right your explanation makes perfect sense. I've just read over and over how he doesn't roam and I wanted to post it.

Where did you quote reliable fantasy resources? You said 2 sites say he lines up at LCB and 1 where he lines up at RCB. You should watch more games b/c kpholmes is def most knowledgeable person in this thread.

I watched the OAK MIA game and I did not see Aso roaming and shadowing Ginn. He sat at RCB. I didn't post the link to suit my gain. I posted to see what kpholmes thought about it. It makes sense that Smith, Cotchery got shutdown b/c Aso had to be roaming. But earlier in the year Aso was not roaming.

:wacko:

I never said you should sit Marshall; as previously stated in this thread, I definitely feel you should always start your studs. In addition to that, I'm sorry your backups are Matt Jones and Breaston.

I was simply saying that I disagree with your concept of WR/CB matchups, and that your arguments based on numbers in favor of Marshall neglected to examine the numbers in favor of Asomugha.

they aren't bad backups....Breaston is my 5th...or 6th WR and we start 3....and on any given week, he can put up stud numbers in a PPR....

I think Cotchery has been a bit overrated this year because his performance has been a little hit/miss...and so has Smitty's....

Cutler should be able to hit Marshall a few times and just out of spite, get him close to 100 yds and maybe a TD....

I'm starting Marshall with supreme confidence.

On the other hand, those that are saying Marshall has a height advantage, forget that Asomugha has a 41" vertical leap, compared to Marshall's 37".

Never-the-less, Marshall will get his.

Edited by tazinib1

I'm starting Marshall with supreme confidence.

On the other hand, those that are saying Marshall has a height advantage, forget that Asomugha has a 41" vertical leap, compared to Marshall's 37".

Never-the-less, Marshall will get his.

Did you have other options like...say...a randy moss or a royal?

First Series: Asomugha has played both sides following Marshall.

ETA: Marshall's first catch was a slot screen, Asomugha was playing out wide over Stokely. On the following play when Marhsall was in the slot again and Asomugha played the split out WR.

Edited by kpholmes