[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pittsburgh Homers?

Marauders11

Thought's on tonight's game anyone? Parker looked great last week and wants to run the rock more- what kind of game plan do you think the Steelers come out with?

For fantasy, I'm struggling with whether or not Ben is actually a good play tonight or not-the match-up is there and they are at home, BUT I could easily see a 24-10 final with Ben not doing anything more than 175-200 yards and a single TD. Parker gets his 100 and a TD, and the D gets a TD.

This is no easy one to call. On one hand I think we are looking at FWP having a big game and Ben only doing what he has to do to keep the defense honest. Add to that that the weather is calling for snow and windy conditions starting at about 6pm and I think that is what we should see.

On the other hand, the Bengals should be all set to try to stop FWP as he has had very good days vs that in the last few games. I would expect them to game plan to shut him down and try to make Ben toss in the wind.

:shug:

I am starting eveyone that I would normally start and not letting any of this confuse me any more.

Vegas total is 35 with Pittsburgh favored by 11.

A lot of low numbers like that do tend to go "under"

This has been the most f'd up fantasy season I can remember- I'm actually thinking about cutting Ben for either Rosenfels or Orton in my local- who would have thought. (we have no bench- 10 teamer, start 2 QB's each week; everyone on your roster is a starter- stimulates free agent bidding which is done with real $$, and makes things crazy sometimes.

Edited by Marauders11

Does Moore get some touches in this game? I am desperate because I am going against the Parker owner and I can't stand to have him beat me!

He will get touches but you can't count on those touches amounting to anything. This is back to the Parker show.

Edited by Skippy

I'm just waiting for the Steelers to blow this one after a short week. But it is Cincy, hard to see how Cincy gets much started against them. Steelers will try to run first as usual and may not need to pass much.

Should be some snow on and off tonight, not always the best conditions for a blowout.

I'd start Parker. Anyone else is likely to have a mediocre day, although they could have fantastic days, who knows? Depends upon what else you have and what kind of chance you want to take. The WRs and Ben don't seem like great plays, but you never know. Moore could get some but I think you have to be somewhat desperate. I mean, maybe he gets some garbage time, maybe he scores while spelling Parker, maybe he gets almost nothing....

Edited by CrazyOne

I do not expect this to be a blowout as some are expecting. The Steelers offense needs to show some consistency before I start predicting blowouts over anyone. The Bengals have shown in games at Dallas and at the Giants, as well as against the Eagles that they aren't as bad as their record shows. Parker has traditionally ran well on the Bengals. With the weather conditions, I expect another solid performance from him (110 Yards & 1 TD). As for Roethlisberger, he looked a bit better last year, but, he was playing it safe. Hopefully that helped get his confidence back, as, he has not been a confident QB over the last several weeks. I expect a solid, but, not spectacular night for Roethlisberger (210 Yards, 1 TD). As for Houshmandzadeh, the Steelers are down two of their top three CB's, so, T.J. will get his. Ocho Cinco being out might actually hurt T.J.'s numbers a bit though. I'll predict 6 for 70 and no TD's for Housh.

Steelers 20

Bengals 14

Still no league discipline for Santonio Holmes right? :wacko::D

No league discipline as of yet. Haven't seen anything new as far as a court date or such, guess that's what they're waiting on?

Might be more steady snow than we were expecting this morning. They've upped the estimates, and it could be coming down the entire time of the game.

I do not expect this to be a blowout as some are expecting. The Steelers offense needs to show some consistency before I start predicting blowouts over anyone. The Bengals have shown in games at Dallas and at the Giants, as well as against the Eagles that they aren't as bad as their record shows. Parker has traditionally ran well on the Bengals. With the weather conditions, I expect another solid performance from him (110 Yards & 1 TD). As for Roethlisberger, he looked a bit better last year, but, he was playing it safe. Hopefully that helped get his confidence back, as, he has not been a confident QB over the last several weeks. I expect a solid, but, not spectacular night for Roethlisberger (210 Yards, 1 TD). As for Houshmandzadeh, the Steelers are down two of their top three CB's, so, T.J. will get his. Ocho Cinco being out might actually hurt T.J.'s numbers a bit though. I'll predict 6 for 70 and no TD's for Housh.

Steelers 20

Bengals 14

pretty fair assessment. zimmer has the bengal's D actually playing well as they have not been getting blown out. combine that with a sluggish pitt offense and windy/snow conditions and i struggle to see how this game will produce much in the way of fantasy points. parker is a play for sure, but i'd avoid everyone else.