[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AP not at practice today

Sam

Per Rotoworld:

Adrian Peterson was not on the field for the start of Vikings practice Thursday.

"All day" met with reporters earlier Thursday and wasn't on the injury report Wednesday, so early indications are Peterson is fine. But stay tuned.

Any Viking homers hear anymore on this. I just traded for him yesterday so I hope there's nothing wrong with him.

ETA: Big John could you please correct my spelling error in the title?

Edited by Sam

First of all, saying that AP wasn't at practice sounds like he belongs on a missing person's list. He was given a rest by the coaching staff.

Second, the Vikings and coach Childress has had to listen to about how AP didn't touch the ball for the entire 4th quarter last week. It was also mentioned a few times that AP wasn't very happy with the coaching staff on the sidelines when he was caught on camera having a "discussion" with RB coach Bienemy.

The following blurb from the Star Tribune was basically the news heard every day of this week...

Carrying the load: Adrian Peterson’s 19 rushing attempts in last Sunday’s loss at Tampa Bay were his fewest since a Week 4 defeat at Tennessee when he had 18 carries. Peterson’s 85 yards rushing against the Bucs also ended a string of four consecutive games with more than 100 yards and it’s been well documented that he did not have a carry in the fourth quarter as the Vikings ran only seven offensive plays. The Vikings will try to get the NFL’s leading rusher his seventh 100-yard rushing game of the season against a Jaguars defense that is ranked 20th in the league against the run. If this game ends up being close, it will be interesting to see if Peterson is worked into the two-minute offense. There is no doubt he wasn’t too pleased about being left out last Sunday.

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/

I think that Adrian will be at the game on Sunday with a uniform on. Stay tuned.