[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Some observations from the 1992 NFC Championship Game

policyvote

* Jerry Rice was scary, scary good

* Same goes for Steve Young

* Same goes for the Cowboys' defensive line

* Young Norv Turner was visually indistinguishable from Bill Gates

* George Siefert looked like a beach bum they gave a Starter jacket

* Jimmy Johnson's hair actually looks better silver

* John Madden was so much better when there was only ten seconds in between snaps

* Excessive commercials have ruined football

* Defenses today are much harder to score on, but play much softer

That's all for now.

Peace

policy

I watched that game in a sports bar in Fair Oaks California that was where Cowboy fans went so it was about 50/50 between 49er and Cowboys fans. It was one of the best games I have ever watched in my life. I lived in California through all the glory years of SF when they literally paid enough money out to have two complete sets of starters for their team. ANd Dallas went through all the bad years including 1-15. So when Dallas beat SF in Candlestick it was cathartic to say the least.

Plus I did not have to pay for lunches for over a week at work thanks to making bets.

It was the game that started out with Jerry Rice catching like an 80 yard touchdown and the bar was so loud and boisterous that the 49er fans celebrated for several minutes before realizing there was a flag and it was called back. That rocked.

I have that game on a videotape. It was AWESOME.

That was the game that me and my dad were watching on the edge of our seats and when Aikman hit Harper accross the middle on that slant pass, we both jumped up and yelled "he caught it, run you son of b..........run, while throwing our arms and hands up. I forgot I was holding a full Orange soda.

It went everywhere and my anal dad who would have normally chewed my arse laughed himself silly while jumping up and down. That was one of the greatest games as a Cowboy fan I ever saw. My dad even helped me clean up while Emmitt plunged into the endzone to salt the game away and send the niners home for the holidays while the Cowboys went on to notch another Superbowl.

Edited by Cowboyz1