[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tech vs OU

jaxfactor

Tech sure came to play tonight :D

Nice D there Tech , can't believe the crap we're having to witness.

Texas now has claim to the NC Game with a H2H win over OU and a trip to the Big 12 Championship Game.

Texas vs Florida

If you were not such an idiot, you would know a 3 way tie isnt determined by head to head. Tech wont lose next week, so if OU takes care of business against another ranked team, Okie St, they will waltz into the Big 12 Champ game. But unlike OS Who, OU actually has to beat someone to get into the BCS, oh wait, Ohio St isnt going to the BCS this year. :wacko:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...........and Oregon St came back and is going to the Rose Bowl, eliminating OS Who from the BCS.

:D

Just shows how clueless you really are. OSU eliminated from the BCS............says who ? you ? :D

Oregon St still has another game next week you fool :wacko:

On another note, Texas still has the H2H win, with the same record and wins the Big 12 , so how is OU better ?

Tech sure came to play tonight :wacko:

Texas now has claim to the NC Game with a H2H win over OU and a trip to the Big 12 Championship Game.

Texas vs Florida

Texas needed this game to be close or just sloppy to stay above OU, at 42-7 OU should and will pass Texas...the only thing that Texas can root for now is Okie st to upset OU. We will see what happens in the 2nd half...but unless TT starts tackling this could get ugly....OK, it's already ugly it could get ___________ something worse.......congrats Sarge!

It would be hard to move Oklahoma above Texas - as Texas beat them.

Then it should be just as hard to move Texas above TT.

With all 3 teams losing to each other, H2H records are a wash. IMO, if OU handles the Cowboys the way they are handling the Raiders, they'll make the title game.

If this game continues in the same manner, it will not surprise me to see OU jump past UF. Of course, TT will drop out of the top 5. However, IF UF beats FSU and then defeats #1 Alabama, I don't see how they don't make it into the NC game. I don't believe that the NC game will be Oklahoma v Texas.

Then it should be just as hard to move Texas above TT.

With all 3 teams losing to each other, H2H records are a wash. IMO, if OU handles the Cowboys the way they are handling the Raiders, they'll make the title game.

in the words of Troy Aikman, "No question"

OU will jump Texas in the BCS - the thing about it is, minus the L to UT , they simply have the better resume, with more quality Wins.

You just cant deny nc wins vs TCU and Cin, both quality wins.

If they take care of bix vs Hillbilly State - they are IN

and it is paninful to even type that

let's hope this clusterf*ck gets us closer to a playoff

:D

Just shows how clueless you really are. OSU eliminated from the BCS............says who ? you ? :D

Oregon St still has another game next week you fool :wacko:

On another note, Texas still has the H2H win, with the same record and wins the Big 12 , so how is OU better ?

Then Texas needs to drop just behind where ever Tech falls to, Because Tech beat Texas H2H. Amazing how weak some of these arguments are. Its called a 3 way tie, with each team losing to the other, and OU lost 8 weeks ago, and Texas just lost to Tech 3 weeks ago, and now OU is showing who is the beast of the conference tonight. Its that simple.

If Tech, UT and OU are all 1 loss and they all beat each other then BCS ranking determines which team plays in the Big 12 CG. If TT lose next week then the Longhorns are in by virtue of the h2h with OU. If OU lose next week then the Red Raiders are in by virtue of H2H with UT.

EDIT TO ADD: If Texas lose to A&M then OU is in by virtue of this game tonight.

the only thing that Texas can root for now is Okie st to upset OU.

or TT to lose to Baylor :wacko:

If this game continues in the same manner, it will not surprise me to see OU jump past UF. Of course, TT will drop out of the top 5. However, IF UF beats FSU and then defeats #1 Alabama, I don't see how they don't make it into the NC game. I don't believe that the NC game will be Oklahoma v Texas.

I agree.

Edited by BS Miscreant

Tech sure came to play tonight :wacko:

Texas vs Florida

You just don't get it...do you? I'll explain this to you over a beer one day.

Major beat down ...defense still wins ...texas tech doesn't have one ...they have been able to get by and win with that offense but once that offense gets shut down like tonight , their defense has no chance

Big performance by OU as they are about to crack 70 pts

OU will jump Florida this week, but not Texas...here is why...

Florida still needs to play Bama, so putting OU over UF does nothing, if UF beats Bama they are in the NC game. They will leave OU behind UT knowing they play another ranked team in Okie st and will jump UT with that win......

Bama

UT

OU

Flor

SC

should be how it comes out this week

Then Texas needs to drop just behind where ever Tech falls to, Because Tech beat Texas H2H. Amazing how weak some of these arguments are. Its called a 3 way tie, with each team losing to the other, and OU lost 8 weeks ago, and Texas just lost to Tech 3 weeks ago, and now OU is showing who is the beast of the conference tonight. Its that simple.

At what point in the season they lost should have nothing to do with their rankings. Doesn't matter if they lost in the first week of conference play, or the last, they're all one-loss teams. The factors that DO have an impact are WHO they lost to and WHERE. Margin of victory should have an impact as well, to a certain extent, which is why Stoops still has his starters in with four minutes left. Every point counts in the attempt to hurdle Texas in the BCS.

My personal view on the Big 12 three is this... Clearly, Tech is the weakest of the three. Texas lost to the weakest team of the three... this is more significant to me than OU losing to Texas (even given the fact that the OU/TEX game was on a neutral field, compared to the road losses for Texas and Tech).

The other factor is that, of the three games in which these teams beat each other, the first two could have gone either way... they were that close, right down to the final couple of minutes. This game tonight was over after one quarter... not even close.

For those two reasons, and not because of the timing of their respective losses, I would put OU SLIGHTLY ahead of Texas.

My top five:

Alabama

Oklahoma

Texas

Florida

USC

The winner of Alabama/Florida should play Oklahoma for the NC, UNLESS Oklahoma slips next week, in which case Texas would then take their place (assuming the winner of the South wins the Big 12 Championship).