[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 13 Polls

budlitebrad

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I don't know who will win I will say this--Florida doesn't run "gadget" plays. I don't think you've watched much Florida football this year.

I find it surprising that you don't believe Florida would stand a chance. I know it may sound tired, but I think Florida's team speed may be as good as advertised. And there is no question about Meyer's ability as a big game coach.

I do admire your confidence in your team and in your football knowledge. Allow me to assert that sometimes you have proven that your sure bets are sometimes wrong. I think back to 2006 when I was assured that Ohio State would hand Florida a humiliating defeat.

Didnt Meyer and tebow just lose their last bowl game. Ive watched plenty of FLA games, and I dont think FLA can run outside on OU, and I know those scat backs wont survive if they run between the tackles all day. Im not saying FLA isnt as good as advertised, but the weakness of the OU defense is its secondary, and Im not sure FLA has the horses to beat them through the air.

Didnt Meyer and tebow just lose their last bowl game. Ive watched plenty of FLA games, and I dont think FLA can run outside on OU, and I know those scat backs wont survive if they run between the tackles all day. Im not saying FLA isnt as good as advertised, but the weakness of the OU defense is its secondary, and Im not sure FLA has the horses to beat them through the air.

No one wins every big game...we simply didn't have the defense last year. If you look at Meyer's big game record overall, I think it's obvious that he usually wins.

By not having the "horses to beat them through the air," do you mean that Tebow can't throw it downfield or that the receivers are not fast enough to get open downfield? Or are you asserting that the OU rush will get to Tebow before he can throw the ball downfield (at least with any accuaracy)?

Here is UFs.

Miami 7-4

LSU 7-4

UGA 9-2

USC 7-4

Combined 30-14. Team they lost to was 7-4 Ole Miss.

Lets look at UTs top wins.

Oklahoma 10-1

Mizzou 9-2

OK St 9-2

Kansas 6-5

Combined 34-10. Team they lost to was 10-1 Texas Tech.

On to OU.

TCU 10-2

Nebraska 7-4

Texas Tech 10-1

Cincinnati 9-2

Combined 36-9. Team they lost to was 10-1 Texas.

And just for giggles (and because I am a fan wink.gif ), we will look at Tech.

Nebraska 7-4

Texas 10-1

OK St 9-2

Kansas 6-5

Combined 32-12. Team they lost to was 10-1 Oklahoma

PSU

Ohio State 10-2

Michigan State 9-3

Oregon State 8-3

Wisconsin 7-5

Combined 34-13. Team they lost to was 8-4 Iowa. :wacko:

Edited by Menudo

Here is UFs.

Miami 7-4

LSU 7-4

UGA 9-2

USC 7-4

Combined 30-14. Team they lost to was 7-4 Ole Miss.

Lets look at UTs top wins.

Oklahoma 10-1

Mizzou 9-2

OK St 9-2

Kansas 6-5

Combined 34-10. Team they lost to was 10-1 Texas Tech.

On to OU.

TCU 10-2

Nebraska 7-4

Texas Tech 10-1

Cincinnati 9-2

Combined 36-9. Team they lost to was 10-1 Texas.

And just for giggles (and because I am a fan wink.gif ), we will look at Tech.

Nebraska 7-4

Texas 10-1

OK St 9-2

Kansas 6-5

Combined 32-12. Team they lost to was 10-1 Oklahoma

PSU

Ohio State 10-2

Michigan State 9-3

Oregon State 8-3

Wisconsin 7-5

Combined 34-13. Team they lost to was 8-4 Iowa. :wacko:

We still get 9-2 Okie St on the road this week.

And us , or one of the BIg 12 south gets 10-2 missouri after that.

All things considered OU should be a lock if they win out. followed by Texas over FLA

All things considered OU should be a lock if they win out. followed by Texas over FLA

See that's what I think the BCS needs to avoid. There are simply not enough quality games between major conferences to allow us to get a remotely fair comparison between elite teams from two conferences. Thus, as long as 1) Top teams continue to dodge each other and 2) We're not given a proper elimination play-off, we should not be given two teams from the same conference in the NC game.

Of course, the part that really sucks about this year is, unlike when it might have been Michigan v OSU, the team that will likely get left out is the team that won the 1st match-up. I mean, it was easier to dismiss Michigan because they had just lost. So you could say, "sorry, you had your chance, now let someone else." Mind you, that was only part of the argument. The other, and likely more important factor is that we simply do not have near enough data to assume that the 2nd best team in one major conference is better than the best team in another. Not even close.

Provided OU wins out, I think they've punched their ticket. That another elite team who beat them head to head will be overshadowed and left out of the mix is just, yet another, massive flaw with this inanely stupid system.

Honestly, each year I get less and less into the college game and feel almost duty bound to just blow it off entirely. I still follow it but it is hard;y appointment TV for me anymore. They just don't deserve my loyal support. If I was failing my customer base as poorly as college football is failing its fans, I would expect those customers to stop eating at my place. It's just the way it's supposed to work.

No one wins every big game...we simply didn't have the defense last year. If you look at Meyer's big game record overall, I think it's obvious that he usually wins.

By not having the "horses to beat them through the air," do you mean that Tebow can't throw it downfield or that the receivers are not fast enough to get open downfield? Or are you asserting that the OU rush will get to Tebow before he can throw the ball downfield (at least with any accuaracy)?

Tebow isnt accurate enough down the field to beat the OU defense, and Percy Harvin isnt a true WR. Tebow is a glorified RB who can throw when he has too. He wont be a QB on the next level, he isnt that talented throwing the ball. But he is a good enough athlete to get it done in the SEC. FLA is a bunch of athletes on offense, few of these skill position guys will be making the same impact on the next level, or even at the same position. OU is the next level compared to the SEC this yr. Forgive me if I dont see FLA being able to run through the OU defense like they do to those SEC teams.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

Tebow isnt accurate enough down the field to beat the OU defense, and Percy Harvin isnt a true WR. Tebow is a glorified RB who can throw when he has too. He wont be a QB on the next level, he isnt that talented throwing the ball. But he is a good enough athlete to get it done in the SEC. FLA is a bunch of athletes on offense, few of these skill position guys will be making the same impact on the next level, or even at the same position. OU is the next level compared to the SEC this yr. Forgive me if I dont see FLA being able to run through the OU defense like they do to those SEC teams.

You are forgiven.

Well, let's hope that both OU and UF win out. Then we'll have the opportunity to see who has the more correct view of the Florida offense.

such a simpleton. Are we honestly going to do some arbitrary comparison on W-L record in different conferences?

no one wants an incestous rematch of Texas and Oklahoma, and it ain't gonna happen thank gawd

like someone mentioned- not entirely sold on the supposed strength of the Big 12 - OU is the only one who actually played someone decent outside of the conference. Mizzou? please and TT - I mean they had the game of their life and were fortunate to win at home- but does anyone really think that team we watched last weekend is that strong? I don't. SC, Bama, FLA would destroy em.

like Unta said - we are fcked either way, but at this point I can deal with OU vs Bama/FLA winner

and Menudo -please stop the Big 10 is terrible, again.

such a simpleton. Are we honestly going to do some arbitrary comparison on W-L record in different conferences?

no one wants an incestous rematch of Texas and Oklahoma, and it ain't gonna happen thank gawd

like someone mentioned- not entirely sold on the supposed strength of the Big 12 - OU is the only one who actually played someone decent outside of the conference. Mizzou? please and TT - I mean they had the game of their life and were fortunate to win at home- but does anyone really think that team we watched last weekend is that strong? I don't. SC, Bama, FLA would destroy em.

like Unta said - we are fcked either way, but at this point I can deal with OU vs Bama/FLA winner

No you wanted to talk about how UF beat all of these powerhouses and clearly deserved the #2 spot over OU & UT. I was just that the other teams deserved the spot just as much if not more.

No you wanted to talk about how UF beat all of these powerhouses and clearly deserved the #2 spot over OU & UT. I was just that the other teams deserved the spot just as much if not more.

really?

FLA (would they get there) would have beaten= UGA, USC, Bama, LSU, Miami, FSU,

Texas? OU, Mizzou and Ok State

BIG EDGE FLA

which will be reflected in every poll

really?

FLA (would they get there) would have beaten= UGA, USC, Bama, LSU, Miami, FSU,

Texas? OU, Mizzou and Ok State

BIG EDGE FLA

which will be reflected in every poll

I was referring to the win/losses being arbritrary numbers. If OU/UT win out (more OU thanTexas though), then yes I think they deserve to be above Florida. Quick opinion from everyone........what means more to you if you have a vote, who you beat or who you got beaten by? Serious question.

I was referring to the win/losses being arbritrary numbers. If OU/UT win out (more OU thanTexas though), then yes I think they deserve to be above Florida. Quick opinion from everyone........what means more to you if you have a vote, who you beat or who you got beaten by? Serious question.

I think they are both on the same level, SOS has to matter with so many teams, and not where they are ranked but who the teams you have beaten, who have they won and lost to and so on, not very hard for a mathmatecian to figure out. Some of the computer rankings take this into account, the win loss record of your opponents opponents, so who you lost to and who they won or lost to does hurt you as evident by the current computer rankings where Fla is number 6 but if they win out that number will go up. So both are important. I think peoples opinion should count less ie the coaches and harris and the computers should be weigthed heavier. Say the polls count as 1/2 together and the computers the other 1/2, numbers never lie but people do.

without question quality wins vs "quality loss"

it is football, a loss can happen, BUT I am going to give more weight to who you beat than if you have an off-night and lose by 1 to a solid, top 25 team.

I will say, that for the 2nd year in a row, there is no team in the mix that can honestly say they are all time great though. Alabama is the only team left that can be put in the discussion. And I HATE that because they are the one team I don't want to win it, because Saban is an arrogant jerk off. But I would like to see a team emerge that I would be like... "Hmmm, that was one of the best teams I ever saw." We haven't had that since Vince Young and the Longhorns. Which wasn't that long ago, but it seems like a long time ago.

If the Big 10 is terrible, than what is the PAC 10 ? Penn State played the team that is leading the PAC 10 and had their backups in before halftime.

Oh, that's right, no one here cares what actually happens, they just talk about what they "KNOW" would happen if certain teams played :wacko:

If the Big 10 is terrible, than what is the PAC 10 ? Penn State played the team that is leading the PAC 10 and had their backups in before halftime.

Oh, that's right, no one here cares what actually happens, they just talk about what they "KNOW" would happen if certain teams played :wacko:

No, I can readily admit the Pac 10 has been terrible as well. I mean, for and then when I wore my first dress's sake we have 2 of the absolute worst teams in college football in UW and WSU - there is just no way to deny it. Although we were 3-1 heads up, so there is that.

Well, OSU is much improved since the PSU game, and if they get by OU I am sure there will be a ton of excited Penn State fans for that matchup.... :D

but in a word yes, the Big 10 is terrible this year

I just need to know: as a Trojan, am I supposed to be rooting for the stinking Beavers to win or lose now? That is, due to the Rose Bowl acting like a dinosaur and taking the Big 10+1 and Pac10 champs no matter what (outside of NC game which won't happen this year for these two lousy conferences), is it better that USC goes to the Fiesta or the Rose? Could USC get aced out of a spot if the Beavs win out? I'm so damn confused... :wacko:

As much of a Pac10 homer that I am, (in most years) I just don't think two spots are deserved this year, and would rather see a better third Big 12 or Boise St team in there instead of a 3 loss team like the Beavs. And the Rose getting a rematch of a blow out is just stupid, but I always thought Hansen and his bed buddies were dumb anyway...

No, I can readily admit the Pac 10 has been terrible as well. I mean, for and then when I wore my first dress's sake we have 2 of the absolute worst teams in college football in UW and WSU - there is just no way to deny it. Although we were 3-1 heads up, so there is that.

Well, OSU is much improved since the PSU game, and if they get by OU I am sure there will be a ton of excited Penn State fans for that matchup.... :wacko:

but in a word yes, the Big 10 is terrible this year

I was keeping that title for my beloved Wolverines this year. In my 25+ years of watching college football, I have NEVER seen a team that sucks more than Michigan. A year ago we had a great bowl victory, and now I am still in shock.

I was keeping that title for my beloved Wolverines this year. In my 25+ years of watching college football, I have NEVER seen a team that sucks more than Michigan. A year ago we had a great bowl victory, and now I am still in shock.

Maybe some corporate sponsor like Lysol or Clorox should petition for an annual "Toilet Cleaner Bowl" pitting two most disappointing football programs each season. What's funny is it would probably out draw 70% of the actual bowls.

This season I nominate: Tennessee Vols vs. Michigan Wolverines

gonkis - yer Michgian squad beats both UW and Wazzu by 3 td's at least. That puts in perspective how horrible they are- it is the most shocking thing I have ever witnessed in the Pac 10.

WSU was called the WOSRT TEAM in the history of the Pac 10 all year - and THEY BEAT UW - let's just say the state of Washington is RED HOT

I just need to know: as a Trojan, am I supposed to be rooting for the stinking Beavers to win or lose now? That is, due to the Rose Bowl acting like a dinosaur and taking the Big 10+1 and Pac10 champs no matter what (outside of NC game which won't happen this year for these two lousy conferences), is it better that USC goes to the Fiesta or the Rose? Could USC get aced out of a spot if the Beavs win out? I'm so damn confused... :wacko:

As much of a Pac10 homer that I am, (in most years) I just don't think two spots are deserved this year, and would rather see a better third Big 12 or Boise St team in there instead of a 3 loss team like the Beavs. And the Rose getting a rematch of a blow out is just stupid, but I always thought Hansen and his bed buddies were dumb anyway...

As a college football fan, pure and simple, I'll be pulling for the Ducks on Saturday. Sure some fans might like to see USC get out into another bowl and face off with other "sexier" opponents but looking at the bigger picture, I want as many quality games in early January(cough...playoffs...cough) as possible. If Oregon St play Penn St again I will probably not bother to watch. SC/PSU? Absolutely!

As for you, my friend, it all depends on how much you value the Pac 10 championship I guess.