[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Jets are where ____________ , without favre ?

isleseeya

Probably 6-5. Favre just opens up their offense and let's playmakers like Washington make even more plays in space. Pennington doesn't stretch the field at all. Let's keep in mind that the Jets success hasn't been just about Favre. They spent a ton in free agency and are getting instant results from guys like Faneca, Jenkins and Pace. I hate to say it but the Jets have had an excellent off-season to make a short term run at a SB with a old QB.

Probably 6-5. Favre just opens up their offense and let's playmakers like Washington make even more plays in space. Pennington doesn't stretch the field at all. Let's keep in mind that the Jets success hasn't been just about Favre. They spent a ton in free agency and are getting instant results from guys like Faneca, Jenkins and Pace. I hate to say it but the Jets have had an excellent off-season to make a short term run at a SB with a old QB.

+1 on all accounts.

The Dolphins won 1 game last year. it can be argued that Pennington has had a bigger effect on his team than Farve has had on his.

The Dolphins won 1 game last year. it can be argued that Pennington has had a bigger effect on his team than Farve has had on his.

It could be. So we could say favre is a couple games better than Pennington and Pennington is 2 or 3 games better than Josh McCown or Jay Fiedler or whoever the hell was their qb last year.

Favre traditionally likes to have his TE involved in the gameplan. With that he is really bringing Keller along nicely. I heard a few weeks back Mangini sat Favre down and said to ease up on the gunslinging OK corral and manage the game a bit more and I really see him doing that. I was very impressed with the Jets today. Favre has meant a great deal to this team no doubt but also give credit to great line play on both sides of the ball. Great running by TJ and Washington and very solid D.

Well said fishfreak and whomper ...I think favre brings them a confidence and belief they can win any game , which the jets probably have not had since joe namath...but favre also opens up the offense so other guys can excel ...thomas jones is a perfect example

I think they look great and I would love an all ny / nj superbowl ...its good to dream

This is the right number. With Pennington, the Jets win the Oakland game, but lose to the Pats and Titans. Favre was the difference in each of those 3 games. 2 wins, one loss.

Three players the Jets simply can not afford to lose: Mangold, Jenkins and Favre. Farvre can drill a ball into tight spots on those short undernath routes. It was that ability that beat the Titans today in creating mismatches against a slow LB corp. The deep threat remains, and must be defended, also something Pennington could not do. Mangold more than held Haynesworth off today, and Jenkins, well, he is a beast. Without him, the Jets run D would be awful.

It's all about matchups. The two teams the Jets don't match up well against is Pit and Indy.... fast LB's.

They may have beaten Oakland without Favre, but they wouldn't have beaten Arizona, New England, or Tennessee. The TD throw to Coles that won teh Kansas City game wasn't even in the playbook. Favre made it up in the huddle.

Where they'd be is not as important as where they'd be going. They'd be going nowhere.

The confidence and experience that Favre brings to the team is more important than his arm. He keeps everyone loose, and they believe they can win every game with him back there. That's big.

They may have beaten Oakland without Favre, but they wouldn't have beaten Arizona, New England, or Tennessee. The TD throw to Coles that won teh Kansas City game wasn't even in the playbook. Favre made it up in the huddle.

Where they'd be is not as important as where they'd be going. They'd be going nowhere.

The confidence and experience that Favre brings to the team is more important than his arm. He keeps everyone loose, and they believe they can win every game with him back there. That's big.

+1

The mindset difference between winning against Oakland or winning in New England in Overtime and beating a team that is 11-0 at their house is immeasurable.

What about the 3 picks? Were those in the playbook?

Now, I think the Jets are a better team with Favre than without and completely agree that they wouldn't have been able to run the ball as well were it not for the threat of the long ball that he brings.

However, I would side with those who see that they put a ton of effort into upgrading both lines and that would have paid off in some form regardless of who was at QB. I think Favre gives them a net increase of 1 or may 2 wins at this point.

The question was where would they be now without him.

A new question is where will they go with him. The playoffs is where his real value will be known. Vet's right his presence has the whole team believing they can win every game. Keller, T Jones and L Washington are improving every week. He is playing a lot more cxontrolled after the interceptions.

Will they go deep in the playoffs? Can they beat Indy or Tennessee there?

+1 on all accounts.

+2. The Jets are winning the game on the O line and that obviously would have benefitted Chad too. Lets not forget that Favre may have cost the Jets the game in Oakland and possibly in San Diego. Chad is playing well in Miami. I do think Favre opens up the field quite a bit though and, as someone mentioned, does open things up a bit for Leon. But lets give most of the credit to the Offensive Line that is playing fantastic football right now.