[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chargers - Colts

Riffraff

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that a team as talented as the Chargers is at 4-7 is a travesty. I hope those that were SO happy when Marty was shown the door are happy with the result. Who wants 14-2, when you can be 4-7. :wacko:

The fact that a team as talented as the Chargers is at 4-7 is a travesty. I hope those that were SO happy when Marty was shown the door are happy with the result. Who wants 14-2, when you can be 4-7. :wacko:

Could not agree more. Completely out coached.

Who wants Norv when we could have had a coach with a winning career record.

Because Marty can't win a playoff game [/Dungyargument] Hiring Turner, sheer genius.

No wonder Eli didn't want to play there :D

its been a tough year, no doubt. many heartbreakers.

but to sum it up as its all Norv's fault is idiotic.

i appreciate what Marty did for us, but where would we be with Marty's philosophy with a "tailing off" LT?

...and as for last nite, Indy got a score on a clear pick play, they got two almost phantom interference calls on 3rd down back to back, and a blown whistle on a very possible fumble by Gonzalez. ....not to mention the referee/review timeout with 27 seconds left when the Colts had none of their own left.....which gave them 5 minutes to draw up the play to Harrison.

maybe i'm bitter......but its been that kind of year. too many things have happened to blame it all on Norv.

AJ did the right thing in backing him for next year.

its been a tough year, no doubt. many heartbreakers.

but to sum it up as its all Norv's fault is idiotic.

i appreciate what Marty did for us, but where would we be with Marty's philosophy with a "tailing off" LT?

...and as for last nite, Indy got a score on a clear pick play, they got two almost phantom interference calls on 3rd down back to back, and a blown whistle on a very possible fumble by Gonzalez. ....not to mention the referee/review timeout with 27 seconds left when the Colts had none of their own left.....which gave them 5 minutes to draw up the play to Harrison.

maybe i'm bitter......but its been that kind of year. too many things have happened to blame it all on Norv.

AJ did the right thing in backing him for next year.

Not to mention that Jammer was picked out of that last fourth and inches play by a clueless ref. Charger fans have suffered some of the worst officiating for decades. Whining about it is pointless at this point. There was no pass interference on the second third down play. Madden, Dungy and everyone else knows that. The "League" still can't identify where the infraction occured. It was not called on the coverage of the intended WR. That was called "clean". So where was it?

The three things I see wrong with the Chargers.

- They didn't fire Teddy fast enough.

- The used to be a tough team, now they get pushed around, can't tackle and can't block. (Bring back the Oklahoma drill, but leave Marty playing golf somewhere far away from the Chargers).

- Which brings me to, what the hell happened to the dominant O-line? Clary SUCKS and these guys are just not sustaining blocks downfield. I don't think it is as much LT as it is the O-line.

I look for A LOT more Hester as the season winds down. Tolbet is LOST out there and has no idea who to block. He gets in LT's way more than clears it. Dude is a gamer, but he has gotten worse as the year has rolled on, not better and Hester has been steadily improving. Just like Weddle, they wanted to bring Hester on slowly. I could see Tolbert out of a job next year, at least with the Chargers.

Now before you jump on the Lo Neil frenzy, all he could do was block. He was not a reliable short yardage FB and had hands of stone. The biggest problem I see with the O-line and hence the offense comes down to one position... RT. The pundits had it pegged early in the season and it has played out. The one emergent position they MUST fill with a quality FA (going against the AJ plan) is a RT to bring back some nasty to a unit that has been for the last three years one of the nastiest. Now they are a bunch of vajayjays.

greetings from San Diego! what a game! I've had a blast down here, and it was nice to meet you Chargerz!

dungy has turned into a riverboat gambler with the fourth down calls. WOW! both times the game was tied . . .

second PI call was a bad one. the first wasn't. as for the pick play, watch the NFL. They go on every week and a rarely called. Refs missed Jackson being down at the one as well . . .

Chargers backs dropped some very catchable balls too.

What a great atmosphere at a game last night. so much fun, :wacko:

Charger fans have suffered some of the worst officiating for decades.

:wacko:

Bad calls happen to every team. The fact that you think that they happen more often to the Chargers is laughable.

As for the rest of your article, you are speaking like a passionate fan, and I can imagine your frustration. There is talent on that team, and in their division, they still aren't out of the race. I stand by the fact that Marty is a FAR SUPERIOR head coach than Turner, and it was just a matter of time before he won one. (They used to say the same things about Cowher & Dungy, but, if you keep getting into the playoffs, eventually, the odds are in your favor). However, you are certainly entitled to your opinion on the coach of your team. You follow them closer than I do. Don't go to the ref thing, it is very Seahawky.

dungy has turned into a riverboat gambler with the fourth down calls. WOW! both times the game was tied . . .

No kidding. I would've punted that that 4th-and-inches on the SD 48. Perhaps he feels he has less to lose at this point, in the twilight of his coaching career and with a ring on his finger.

second PI call was a bad one. the first wasn't. as for the pick play, watch the NFL. They go on every week and a rarely called. Refs missed Jackson being down at the one as well . . .

SD got hosed a couple times by the refs tonight. Sucks for them, but I'll take it.

It was nice to see the Colts D show up, especially with Sanders out of the lineup (again!). They were absolutely rock-solid for the first three quarters, and definitely put the offense in position to win the game. With the Browns, Bengals, and Lions coming up, I don't see how they don't get at least 10 wins and a WC berth now.

What a great atmosphere at a game last night. so much fun, :wacko:

Maid: "Take a hike!"

CaptainHook: "You know, I think I'll do that!" :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

I live in SoCal and have been looking for that team's heart every Sunday. They just don't have the 'it' factor they had with Schottenheimer. They should be 7-4 EASY.

I agree. People dump on Marty for his post-season struggles, but he's a VERY good coach who gets players to play for him.