[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"The Imperfection of Mankind"

ABearWithFurniture

On Lance Moore getting a good spot with his reception on 3rd and 15... (you just can't make this stuff up, although Tony does a good job trying)

"It's the imperfection of mankind, you just can't be absolutely sure of where the ball is. Four inches either way and you don't have a first down."

:wacko:

it's always good to see a Cornshieshter thread on Tue morning...the guy deserves it.

The comments about Sean Payton, 'It's who he is! He'l do it again and again and again and again....'

my fist almost met plasma on that one....

he's kind of like Madden on a rubber helmet type of level...

Its time someone defends the man.

He always has a few lines that crack me up and I like him. Maybe its cuz I listen to the somewhat droll Sirius Football radio all day, but when I'm cracking a cold one and sitting down to watch MNF, I like a little humor. I actually found the "imperfection of mankind" comment sort of insightful. I like the interplay between he and jaws with Tirico as moderator.

I don't understand the hate.

I don't understand the hate.

I think he's pretty good on PTI. His radio show, which is 70% non sports and not currently in production, is very funny. I think he's a great guy.

All that being said, he's horrific on MNF. I understand the hate.

I think he's pretty good on PTI. His radio show, which is 70% non sports and not currently in production, is very funny. I think he's a great guy.

All that being said, he's horrific on MNF.

I completely agree. Great radio guy, entertaining sports analyst show guy, horrific in the broadcast booth.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I actually thought Kornheiser was pretty good at what he was doing (PTI) but he is just miscast in this role. After enough exposure to him, I have finally trained myself to mentally tune him out for the most part.

Edited by rattsass

I actually thought Kornheiser was pretty good at what he was doing (PTI) but he is just miscast in this role. After enough exposure to him, I have finally trained myself to mentally tune him out for the most part.

I really think this is the problem. I like him in PTI and on the radio as well. He has mentioned several times since he started in the booth that he is a journalist and he is looking for stories in the game. Its these stories that I find mundane and annoy me. He doesnt think he is there to be a good color man. He thinks he is there to provide levity and a different journalistic angle. I just want to hear good commentary about the game. I beileve that is the disconnect for me and most football fans. Same with Dennis Miller.