[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Burress shoots himself in the leg

hooknladder

Multiple sources tell us that Giants receiver Plaxico Burress has shot himself in the leg.

Apparently, Burress was carrying a loaded gun. And the gun went off.

The incident happened on Friday night/Saturday morning. His condition currently isn’t known.

Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com also is reporting this one, and he’ll soon have a story up with additional details.

Though at this point the player’s health and well being is the primary concern, what the hell was he doing with a loaded gun?

It also remains to be seen whether he faces charges for carrying the loaded gun, and whether he ultimately encounters scrutiny from the league for violating the Personal Conduct Policy.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clayton is reporting he was in a club when it happened :wacko:

Burress wounded in accidental shooting

By John Clayton

ESPN.com

Giants WR Plaxico Burress Accidentally ShotNew York Giants receiver Plaxico Burress suffered an accidental gunshot wound Friday night in a club, according to multiple sources.

Details of the incident weren't immediately available, but according to a source the wound was not considered life-threatening.

Fox Sports.com reported that Burress accidentally shot himself in the leg and spent the night in the hospital.

Burress, who was not expected to play against the Washington Redskins on Sunday because of a hamstring injury, was not at team meetings and did not attend the team's Saturday walkthrough.

The Giants organization was not commenting on the story.

Multiple sources tell us that Giants receiver Plaxico Burress has shot himself in the leg.

Apparently, Burress was carrying a loaded gun. And the gun went off.

The incident happened on Friday night/Saturday morning. His condition currently isn’t known.

Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com also is reporting this one, and he’ll soon have a story up with additional details.

Though at this point the player’s health and well being is the primary concern, what the hell was he doing with a loaded gun?

It also remains to be seen whether he faces charges for carrying the loaded gun, and whether he ultimately encounters scrutiny from the league for violating the Personal Conduct Policy.

So when I traded Plaxico, S. Holmes and Willie Parker for LT a few weeks ago, someone here said that "he wished I was in his league" and that Plax was a great "buy low" candidate. Looks like I sold high. As I said before, Plaxico is done with the Giants. Hixon is a great pick up for dynasty leagues, he will be the starter there next season. Plax will join Ocho Cinco in the list of talented WRs that nobody will pay as much as either thinks he is worth because they are major headaches.

Does Hixon now step in as the starter or is it S. Smith?

where have you been all season? Hixon = Burress, Smith = Toomer. This will be the third game where Hixon starts for Plax if you count preseason.

Plax got lucky and only grazed himself...

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2008/11..._grazed_by.html

Normally, I dont find humor in other people's misfortunes but I cant stop laughing up this. Burress is very much in the running for The Hugh Tool of the Year Award presented by Stanley :D

Honestly, Burress! You're too injured to play. You've been in trouble all year and consistently since entering the league. Is going to a club whilst packin' really a good idea? Why the need for the gun? Are there going to be people there you may need to use it against? Perhaps avoiding the club altogether would be a viable option?? Jezus H Christmas on a rubber crutch! How flippin dumb can one guy be??? :D

No matter the cost, the Giants need to cut his azz today. The guy has talent but he JUST DOESNT GET IT AND NEVER WILL. He is another guy Goodell should look hard at giving the lifetime ban :wacko:

Hixon was 4-102 and a TD against the seahawks, and 4-63 2 TDs and 1 return TD in the preseason game against Cleveland...in the first quarter against starters. I would say you have him for at least two weeks as the "#1" WR if you have him on your squad. Not a bad start, especially if you get return yards/TDs.

Normally, I dont find humor in other people's misfortunes but I cant stop laughing up this. Burress is very much in the running for The Hugh Tool of the Year Award presented by Stanley :D

Honestly, Burress! You're too injured to play. You've been in trouble all year and consistently since entering the league. Is going to a club whilst packin' really a good idea? Why the need for the gun? Are there going to be people there you may need to use it against? Perhaps avoiding the club altogether would be a viable option?? Jezus H Christmas on a rubber crutch! How flippin dumb can one guy be??? :D

No matter the cost, the Giants need to cut his azz today. The guy has talent but he JUST DOESNT GET IT AND NEVER WILL. He is another guy Goodell should look hard at giving the lifetime ban :wacko:

lol if Pacman hasnt been hit by the lifetime ban stick yet Plax has a long way to go. I doubt seriously they would release him when someone would give something for him in a trade. I'm sure Oakland would love to have his services next year, and like everyone else on that team probably over pay to get him.

I'm not a defender of stoopid things, but given that Sean Taylor ended up dead for basically being targetted because he was in the NFL all of these "WHY DO YOU NEED TO CARRY A GUN!! Have to agree here!!!" [/atomic] people really might want to consider the full context.

Yes, it sucks but his reality is that he (and I am very sure other NFL players) feel it is in their best interests to pack heat these days when in public. Just sayin' and I'm not surprised.