[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Burress shoots himself in the leg

hooknladder

Giants organization is too good to deal with this POS. The team has bigtime chemistry . Sucks for them that is piece of garbage sucks some enegry out of them a little bit

Edited by whomper

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a defender of stoopid things, but given that Sean Taylor ended up dead for basically being targetted because he was in the NFL all of these "WHY DO YOU NEED TO CARRY A GUN!! Have to agree here!!!" [/atomic] people really might want to consider the full context.

Yes, it sucks but his reality is that he (and I am very sure other NFL players) feel it is in their best interests to pack heat these days when in public. Just sayin' and I'm not surprised.

What are the odds that Plax has a concealed carry permit? :wacko:

Could hurt Burress in the pocketbook if they place him on the "non-football related injury list" instead of the IR. They wouldn't have to pay him for the time missed.

IF? After all the crap the Giants have taken from him, you can bet your ass that they won't pay him for time missed.

Wow, I'm glad I picked up Hixon earlier this week.

Edited by Bill Swerski

So when I traded Plaxico, S. Holmes and Willie Parker for LT a few weeks ago, someone here said that "he wished I was in his league" and that Plax was a great "buy low" candidate. Looks like I sold high. As I said before, Plaxico is done with the Giants. Hixon is a great pick up for dynasty leagues, he will be the starter there next season. Plax will join Ocho Cinco in the list of talented WRs that nobody will pay as much as either thinks he is worth because they are major headaches.

Nice guess. As far as pay goes he recently signed a hugh contract in New York. Looks like you knew more than they did. :wacko:

Plax does deserve to be bashed but without his game in the Championship game they wouldn't have been in the Super Bowl.

I'm not a fan of his behavior but think that needed to be said.

Now? I don't think they need him anymore. Hixon, Toomer, Smith, Moss and maybe even Manningham can replace him.

Plax does deserve to be bashed but without his game in the Championship game they wouldn't have been in the Super Bowl.

They probably don't pull off what was arguably the biggest upset in NFL history without him either. Too bad that his decision-making skills aren't anywhere near his athletic skills.

I'm not a defender of stoopid things, but given that Sean Taylor ended up dead for basically being targetted because he was in the NFL all of these "WHY DO YOU NEED TO CARRY A GUN!! Have to agree here!!!" [/atomic] people really might want to consider the full context.

Yes, it sucks but his reality is that he (and I am very sure other NFL players) feel it is in their best interests to pack heat these days when in public. Just sayin' and I'm not surprised.

Sean Taylor wasn't in public! Have a gun at home? No problem. Get a conceal permit and carry on the streets? No problem.

Bring your gun out for a night of clubbing = Big problem!

Sorry but I have no sympathy for this idiot.

Hixon is the guy to pick up. The Giants started him early in the year when Plax was out vs Seattle and Hixon had a good game. Then last week he stepped in for Plax. Steve Smith is the slot guy and Manningham is no where to be found this year. I hope that was a joke the guy suggesting Manningham above because that would be a wasted pick up. Hixon is your guy for now.

nope Manningham :wacko:

where have you been all season? Hixon = Burress, Smith = Toomer. This will be the third game where Hixon starts for Plax if you count preseason.

Plax got lucky and only grazed himself...

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2008/11..._grazed_by.html

Hixon was 4-102 and a TD against the seahawks, and 4-63 2 TDs and 1 return TD in the preseason game against Cleveland...in the first quarter against starters. I would say you have him for at least two weeks as the "#1" WR if you have him on your squad. Not a bad start, especially if you get return yards/TDs.

I hope that was a joke the guy suggesting Manningham above because that would be a wasted pick up. Hixon is your guy for now.

read much?

:wacko:

Manningham dropped in the draft for many of the same reasons Burress has had problems. I heard he was on the bubble making the team in TC. I don't see him doing much this year.

Few WR's do much there in their rookie years. Where does Moss fit in the present scheme?

Can't he hire a bodyguard or two? Wouldn't that be better then Burress taking things into his own hands anyway?

Sean Taylor wasn't in public! Have a gun at home? No problem. Get a conceal permit and carry on the streets? No problem.

Bring your gun out for a night of clubbing = Big problem!

Sorry but I have no sympathy for this idiot.

Have to agree here...and isnt it against the law in all states to bring a firearm into an establishment that serves alcohol?

Give any worthwhile info to this board much ?

I'll be sure to post a "where is Plaxico, is he playing?" thread on sunday when he has a goose egg in the points colum for all 1228789711898739 of my leagues i own him in.

:wacko:

Manningham dropped in the draft for many of the same reasons Burress has had problems. I heard he was on the bubble making the team in TC. I don't see him doing much this year.

Few WR's do much there in their rookie years. Where does Moss fit in the present scheme?

Manningham I believe was given the same speech Bradshaw got "1 strike and your out". His bubble status in training camp had more to do with the plethera of receivers the gints had in camp. Tyree going on IR really made things easier after releasing fan favorite Michael Jennings. He did have a catch in the Seahawks game so maybe one or two balls will go his way tommorow.

Moss if you remember had a hugh, for him, game when Plax didnt play 60ish yards and 2 TDs...so i would think you'd see more of him...but then again Boss was not really being used early on in the season.

:D

I can't be the only one that thinks this is funny.

I chuckled

We’ve been checking in with a wide variety of media sources regarding the accidental self-shooting of Giants receiver Plaxico Burress, and there’s a buzz building that Burress will be busted for illegally carrying a concealed weapon.

Such an outcome would mean that the authorities believe Burress didn’t have the appropriate paperwork in place to carry the weapon in New York City.

As we previously explained, a conviction on such charges will result in a mandatory minimum sentence of 3.5 years in jail, without exception. (Supposedly.)

Meanwhile, we skimmed all 288 pages of Plaxico’s book, Giant: The Road To The Super Bowl, and we found a few passages that shed light on whether Burress would be toting a handgun in a public place without a permit.

Burress grew up in Virginia Beach, where as he writes at page 20 ”it was all drugs and crime.” He says that “there were shootings and killings all the time,” and that gunfire “so random at night you just became immune to it.”

On the next page, Burress describes a shooting he witnessed when he was 12 or 13. “He stands up, pulls out his gun, and boom, boom, boom, he shoots out the back of the dude’s window. I was like, Damn.”

On page 22, Burress writes that the drug dealers “took care of [him]” because of his athletic abilities, and one of them “would give me a little Josh Gordon to sell.” He writes of the drug dealers: “They were all cool about it. They all sold Josh Gordon and crack. They all had pistols and guns, but I was the one, I was the oddball.”

At page 69, Burress says that he quit hanging out with his boyhood friends several years ago. “I had to stop doing stuff with them. They did stuff I’m not happy about. I’ve seen them pull guns and shoot at people.”

Perhaps the most intriguing relevation comes in Chapter 7, when Burress explains that the woman he married is a licensed lawyer. Because even though Burress might have been inclined based on his upbringing to think that it was normal to have a gun without giving any thought to whether it was legal to carry the thing around, the fact that his wife is a lawyer should have at some point resulted in him becoming aware that a guy just can’t leave the house with a loaded weapon in his pants without a permit.

Then again, if Burress doesn’t listen to his head coach, chances are he doesn’t listen to his wife, either.

As the investigation proceeds, one key figure could be teammate Antonio Pierce. Per Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News, Pierce was partying with Burress when the incident occurred.

Pierce is currently in Washington with the rest of the team. When he comes back to New York, it’s likely that the police will want a word with him.

Permalink | Comments Back to

Burress grew up in Virginia Beach, where as he writes at page 20 ”it was all drugs and crime.”

lmao @ the Whoopi Defense. Yeah it's because of the environment he grew up in. Not his fault he's packin and is such a POS.

Somewhere Vick is in an orange jump suit going "das what I'm talkin 'bout!" and doing that Arsenio Hall fist shake thing. word.