[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Civil War

sacosud

I'm now a Oregon fan and USC fan!!!!!

Ohio State would have a lot better shot at a BCS with a Oregon win and USC winning it's last 2.

LETS GO DUCKS.

Oregon 10 and Oregon ST. 7

State just put it the endzone 2:22 left in the 1st.

Sorry, I'm not going to bite Sgt. I just don't see the point in it.

Have a good one.

This should get Boise in, over Ohio St. Its a damn shame a team with 2 loses can back into one of these bowls, when there is a more deserving undefeated team like Boise sitting there ranked ahead of Ohio St to begin with.

Well, I don't make those decisons, but I'm guessing it has to do with money.

OSU brings a crowd that loves too spend a lot of cash and the Sugar Bowl is licking it's chops to get Ohio State.

I guess that's just how it is Sgt.

This should get Boise in, over Ohio St. Its a damn shame a team with 2 loses can back into one of these bowls, when there is a more deserving undefeated team like Boise sitting there ranked ahead of Ohio St to begin with.

If Oregon holds on and OU beats OSU, couldn't Tech get that open at large bid? :wacko:

If Oregon holds on and OU beats OSU, couldn't Tech get that open at large bid? :wacko:

I don't know, but is there a rule that says only 2 teams from 1 conference can go to BCS???

I'm asking because I don't know.

I think that would take Tech out.

Who knows it's a mess.

I don't know, but is there a rule that says only 2 teams from 1 conference can go to BCS???

Who knows it's a mess.

According to Wikipedia you are right:

Selection of Teams

A complicated set of rules is used to determine which teams compete in the BCS bowl games.[4] Certain teams are given automatic berths depending on their BCS ranking and conference, as follows:

The top two teams are given automatic berths in the BCS National Championship Game.

The champion of a BCS conference (ACC, Big 12, Big East, Big Ten, Pac-10, and SEC) is guaranteed an automatic BCS bowl bid.

The highest ranked champion of a non-BCS conference will receive an automatic berth if:

It is ranked in the top twelve, or

Ranked in the top sixteen and higher than another BCS Conference champion.

A special case is made for independent Notre Dame, which receives an automatic berth if it finishes in the top eight.

No more than two teams from any one conference may receive berths in BCS games unless two non-champions from a BCS conference finish as the top two teams in the final BCS standings.

The third-ranked team will receive an automatic berth if it has not already received one, and if it is a member of a BCS Conference.

If the third-ranked team did not require an at-large berth, then the fourth-ranked team will receive an automatic berth if it has not already received one, and if it is a member of a BCS Conference.

After the automatic berths have been granted, the remaining berths, known as "at-large" berths, are filled from a pool of teams who are ranked in the top fourteen and have at least nine wins. The actual teams that are chosen for the at-large berths are determined by the individual bowl committees.

Edited by Ziachild007

Who knows it's a mess.

"No more than two teams from a conference may be selected, regardless of whether they are automatic qualifiers or at-large selections, unless two non-champions from the same conference are ranked No. 1 and No. 2 in the final BCS Standings."

So yea, Tech is probably looking at the Cotton Bowl.

As a PSU fan, I'm absolutely loving this Ducks victory. The PSU-USC game is much more exciting to me than an Oregon State re-match.

P.S.

...and yes Sarge, I know that you think that PSU will get destroyed and embarrassed, so, don't wast the time to type it. TIA.

You mean the team that runs all of those joke gimmick plays?

Looks like the Bucks get to face OU , Texas or Tech in the Fiesta Bowl

We'll wait and see. I do love our offense against those defenses though. Our D has played lousy , so I'd expect a shootout in the upper 30's with whomever we face.

:wacko: GO BUCKS ! !

What is that ? 6 BCS Births in 8 seasons, 1 NC , 3 NC games ............impressive program results for Tressel and company.

Edited by theeohiostate

We'll wait and see. I do love our offense against those defenses though. Our D has played lousy , so I'd expect a shootout in the upper 30's with whomever we face.

What is that ? 6 BCS Births in 8 seasons, 1 NC , 3 NC games ............impressive program results for Tressel and company.

My guess is Tech is out do to the 2 conference teams involved in the BCS.

I think it's 50/50 at this point. I would lean towards OSU going to FLA and playing Georgia in the Capital One.

Boise St and Utah is involved in the picture which makes the Buckeyes, maybe on the outside looking in. We shall see.

The BCS has enough issues and I can see Boise getting the nod to calm down the natives.

I think it's 50/50 at this point. I would lean towards OSU going to FLA and playing Georgia in the Capital One.

Boise St and Utah is involved in the picture which makes the Buckeyes, maybe on the outside looking in. We shall see.

The BCS has enough issues and I can see Boise getting the nod to calm down the natives.

This is purely about money at this point and no team in the country travels and spends like Texas and OSU. I don't see any committee turning down what would certainly be much more $$$ just to make a small contingency happy.

Tech probably still has a chance if Mizzou can win the Big 12 championship.

Besides the counting chickens part, considering that one of the main reasons you have given for why OSU gets a BCS bid being that their fans travel and spend well, I wouldn't be so quick to count this as another feather in the cap for Tressel. On some levels, it has been a nice run for OSU. A run, however, that has been very much aided by getting the benefit of the doubt, not being penalized for coupling a sometimes pathetic OOC schedule with a down conference. A run that has also been very marred by getting totally out-classed by every elite team they've played over the last 3 years.

Quite simply, you know as well as I do that OSU doesn't deserve a BCS game. I admire your allegiance to your team, but this is simply not one of the 8-10 best teams in the country. They should certainly be playing on Jan 1, but that is it. Money talks and all that, but from a stand point of which group of kids deserves the bid, you don't have a limb to stand on and it would be very unfortunate for 2 loss team that has failed miserably on the National stage of late to get the nod over any of the undefeated non-BCS schools.

Besides the counting chickens part, considering that one of the main reasons you have given for why OSU gets a BCS bid being that their fans travel and spend well, I wouldn't be so quick to count this as another feather in the cap for Tressel. On some levels, it has been a nice run for OSU. A run, however, that has been very much aided by getting the benefit of the doubt, not being penalized for coupling a sometimes pathetic OOC schedule with a down conference. A run that has also been very marred by getting totally out-classed by every elite team they've played over the last 3 years.

Quite simply, you know as well as I do that OSU doesn't deserve a BCS game. I admire your allegiance to your team, but this is simply not one of the 8-10 best teams in the country. They should certainly be playing on Jan 1, but that is it. Money talks and all that, but from a stand point of which group of kids deserves the bid, you don't have a limb to stand on and it would be very unfortunate for 2 loss team that has failed miserably on the National stage of late to get the nod over any of the undefeated non-BCS schools.

Then you must also agree that UC and BC don't belong in the BCS , a 2 loss and 3 loss team. Oregon St could have made it to the Rose Bowl with 3 losses too. OSU is more deserving then all 3 of those schools and would beat any of them. I realize Boise St whipped up on OU , but this OSU team is much better then that OU team. As far as OCC , we've played home and home vs Texas, USC and OU is next. Not many schools have that on the docket.