[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Coaches Poll

theeohiostate

You get very angry when people don't agree with you, do you realize that? I think OU is a good team, suspect on defense. I think Alabama is a good team, the only weakness is that they are a team that cannot fall behind because they don't appear to have a quick strike capability. I think Texas is a good team, again, a little suspect on defense. USC looks scary, but to be honest, the PAC 10 is down and it's hard to tell their strength. Florida is a good team. Their schedule has been easier because the SEC is down this year. However, they have been pummelling teams over the last 7 weeks. Their offense has been scary, their defense has been scary, and for the most part, their special teams has been scary. Every team I just mentioned has a legitimate gripe if they are not in the NC game. Every single one of them. Now, next week, Florida plays Alabama--the loser of that game will be eliminated from the NC discussion. Whomever does not advance to the Big 12 Championship game (either Texas or OU), will be very upset and with good reason. Poor USC's only chance to get in the NC game is only if Missouri wins the Big 12 Championship Game.

You can rant and be angry all you want. You can scream unfair and call those who disagree with you a "tool." The bottom line, the winner of the UF-Alabama game will advance to the NC game. Should OU make it to that game, a convincing OU win will show you that you were correct in that the NC game should have been OU-Texas. However, if OU makes it there and gets stomped, I have a feeling you might receive a fair amount of verbal abuse.

And I wouldnt call it a guarantee that FLA gets in the NC game. They wont pass either OU or texas in the computers, and if they win very ugly, or questionable, they may not pass Texas or OU in both polls. So I wouldnt be counting on that trip just yet. If FLA stumbles into a win, the pollsters dont have to just jump one or the other 2. Is it likely no, but its no given. It was suppose to be a given if OU just beat OSU last night, the polls would stay the same and OU would pass Texas in the computers. Well FLA isnt passing OU or Texas in the computers, and if the polls are close, FLA could very well be left out. You do the math if you dont agree with me. FLA would have to jump to #1 in at least one poll to jump Texas/OU enough to make up the computer difference. And is that a given if they play poorly. OU certainly didnt display a Championship calibur defense last night and even in a big win on the road, they lost ground in the polls.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong again tool. The Coaches put OU ahead of Texas, The Harris poll put Texas ahead of OU. - so the Polls are dead even.

And the computers put the Sooners SOS ahead of Texas, which we all knew was going to play a part in this.

45-35

Dead even ? Are you really that cluesless ? What about the USA today poll, which is included in the BCS structure. Even ? LMFAO, moron. 2-1 voters chose Texas. Coaches overwhelmingly switched to Texas.

Face the facts, man.

You got through due to a software glitch that didn't have all the facts. The human polls did and overwhelmingly changed their votes for Texas.

Edited by theeohiostate

And I wouldnt call it a guarantee that FLA gets in the NC game. They wont pass either OU or texas in the computers, and if they win very ugly, or questionable, they may not pass Texas or OU in both polls. So I wouldnt be counting on that trip just yet. If FLA stumbles into a win, the pollsters dont have to just jump one or the other 2. Is it likely no, but its no given. It was suppose to be a given if OU just beat OSU last night, the polls would stay the same and OU would pass Texas in the computers. Well FLA isnt passing OU or Texas in the computers, and if the polls are close, FLA could very well be left out. You do the math if you dont agree with me. FLA would have to jump to #1 in at least one poll to jump Texas/OU enough to make up the computer difference. And is that a given if they play poorly. OU certainly didnt display a Championship calibur defense last night and even in a big win on the road, they lost ground in the polls.

If Florida wins, they will get the NC game for the same reason they did in 2006--most don't want to see a Tx-OU rematch for a National Championship. I don't claim it to be fair, I assert that this is what will happen. And if Alabama wins the SEC, all I will have to say after that is "roll tide."

How does Florida "stumble" to a victory against the #1 team in the country? If they beat the #1 team in the country they will be in the NC game. Stumble ... :wacko:

If Florida wins, they will get the NC game for the same reason they did in 2006--most don't want to see a Tx-OU rematch for a National Championship. I don't claim it to be fair, I assert that this is what will happen. And if Alabama wins the SEC, all I will have to say after that is "roll tide."

That is the whole point, it wasnt because FLA was worthy then, or worthy now. Its because the public doesnt want to see a rematch. Has nothing to do with whats right or wrong. And the computers may be to big of a gap to overcome for FLA, im just saying it now.

There is no guarantee FLA automatically blows Texas away enough in the polls to make up the computer difference. FLA is 2nd in one poll, so they are already ahead of Texas in the Harris, so say you guys win, you move up 1 spot, but so does Texas, so that is a wash. The difference is can FLA make up enough ground in the coaches poll to offset the huge difference in the computers. Im just saying its not a lock. If OU completely dominates Missouri, and you guys barely beat Bama, OU could jump to #1 in both polls and the BCS, Every vote OU gets ahead of FLA in the Harris, gets Texas closer to FLA in that poll. This is no given by any stretch. Will it happen, probably, but it will be up to the voters to make sure FLA gets enough votes to overcome the huge deficiet even a win over Bama will do for them in the computers. OU and Texas will also go up in the computers with a Bama loss, so this could get real interesting.

That is the whole point, it wasnt because FLA was worthy then, or worthy now. Its because the public doesnt want to see a rematch. Has nothing to do with whats right or wrong. And the computers may be to big of a gap to overcome for FLA, im just saying it now.

There is no guarantee FLA automatically blows Texas away enough in the polls to make up the computer difference. FLA is 2nd in one poll, so they are already ahead of Texas in the Harris, so say you guys win, you move up 1 spot, but so does Texas, so that is a wash. The difference is can FLA make up enough ground in the coaches poll to offset the huge difference in the computers. Im just saying its not a lock. If OU completely dominates Missouri, and you guys barely beat Bama, OU could jump to #1 in both polls and the BCS, Every vote OU gets ahead of FLA in the Harris, gets Texas closer to FLA in that poll. This is no given by any stretch. Will it happen, probably, but it will be up to the voters to make sure FLA gets enough votes to overcome the huge deficiet even a win over Bama will do for them in the computers. OU and Texas will also go up in the computers with a Bama loss, so this could get real interesting.

Somebody is getting hosed. That is the nature of the BCS.

I didn't have time read your post, but I'm certain it's about OU slobber....slobber.

I've been busy calculating the points OU has given up this season. I'll should have the tally here is a few hours, that's if my calculator battery doesn't run out.

Texas 45 OU 35

Nice work software program. The end of days is upon us when we rely and a computer to refute what the humans have said.

45-35

Dead even ? Are you really that cluesless ? What about the USA today poll, which is included in the BCS structure. Even ? LMFAO, moron. 2-1 voters chose Texas. Coaches overwhelmingly switched to Texas.

Face the facts, man.

You got through due to a software glitch that didn't have all the facts. The human polls did and overwhelmingly changed their votes for Texas.

Face the facts!!you are an idiot, the Harris Poll, Computers and the USA Today/Espn Coaches poll make up the BCS, each counting 1/3.

The USA Today poll is the Coaches you retard!! Wow you really are that stupid, I used to put some stake into what you had to say but after this I might just ignore all your posts/replies as you have ZERO clue as to what in the hell is going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Face the facts!!you are an idiot, the Harris Poll, Computers and the USA Today/Espn Coaches poll make up the BCS, each counting 1/3.

The USA Today poll is the Coaches you retard!! Wow you really are that stupid, I used to put some stake into what you had to say but after this I might just ignore all your posts/replies as you have ZERO clue as to what in the hell is going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess you can't read very well, but that is common amongst many Boffer supporters.

I'll try it again

Texas 45

OU 35

OU gets the nod because the software program has a glitch in it. Human voters preferred Texas today

I guess you can't read very well, but that is common amongst many Boffer supporters.

I'll try it again

Texas 45

OU 35

OU gets the nod because the software program has a glitch in it. Human voters preferred Texas today

OK I can play your silly little game, H2H menas nothing in a 3 way as each team can post a score!!!!!!

UT 45

OU 35

TT 39

UT 33

OU 65

TT 21

Edited by LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe

I didn't have time read your post, but I'm certain it's about OU slobber....slobber.

I've been busy calculating the points OU has given up this season. I'll should have the tally here is a few hours, that's if my calculator battery doesn't run out.

Texas 45 OU 35

Nice work software program. The end of days is upon us when we rely and a computer to refute what the humans have said.

Allright, I've got to ask...

Are you this upset that Texas got left out, or because Sgt. Ryan is an OU fan? Not trying to piss you off, but you seem extremely fired up.

Tech really doesnt have a leg to stand on. You get blown out like they did against OU and you lose your right to complain.

If Tech loses the right to complain, then OU should be awarded something for blowing them out. You can't say Tech doesn't deserve to be in it because they were blown out, but not remember that OU did that to them.

If Tech loses the right to complain, then OU should be awarded something for blowing them out. You can't say Tech doesn't deserve to be in it because they were blown out, but not remember that OU did that to them.

I am saying the if Tech had beaten OU or made it close then they would still have a voice in the Big 12 championship and NC picture. By getting blown out like that to a team ranked below them, they can't really complain about not getting a BCS bowl or being mentioned with UT and OU.

<---TT fan, FWIW.

Allright, I've got to ask...

Are you this upset that Texas got left out, or because Sgt. Ryan is an OU fan? Not trying to piss you off, but you seem extremely fired up.

I'm upset that a computer picked OU out of a hat, without putting Texas vs OU into the frey.

This crap has gone on long enough and those blind homers that don't get it, never will.

I'm a firm believer in what I see on the field. Texas won 45-35. That's all I need to know. OU's only defense is to talk about Tech instead of dealing with the fact the team they were going H2H with in this BCS mess beat them straight up.

I also have a good memory of what I've seen over the last 4 years. USC - Boise St. and WVA all embarrassed this same team. I don't see anything different this year against Florida, it's sickening to have to watch another lopsided NC GAME when USC vs Florida would undoubtedly be the best game possible. The fact is OU's defense is the worst it's been in 20+ years and their offense is little improved over 2005.

OU vs Penn St would be a better match up. I think the Sooners may have a shot in that game.

Edited by theeohiostate

I'm upset that a computer picked OU out of a hat, without putting Texas vs OU into the frey.

This crap has gone on long enough and those blind homers that don't get it, never will.

I'm a firm believer in what I see on the field. Texas won 45-35. That's all I need to know. OU's only defense is to talk about Tech instead of dealing with the fact the team they were going H2H with in this BCS mess beat them straight up.

I also have a good memory of what I've seen over the last 4 years. USC - Boise St. and WVA all embarrassed this same team. I don't see anything different this year against Florida, it's sickening to have to watch another lopsided NC GAME when USC vs Florida would undoubtedly be the best game possible. The fact is OU's defense is the worst it's been in 20+ years and their offense is little improved over 2005.

OU vs Penn St would be a better match up. I think the Sooners may have a shot in that game.

Then why do you insist on leaving Tech out of the discussion completely? They did beat this same UT team you feel got screwed.

I had TOS on ignore for a while..........it was really nice

but since he is the commish in my BOTH league I eventually had to read his posts

I love the way Alabama is getting no respect on these boards even though they have the best resume and are #1 in the country? Curious to read the comments next week when Bama beats Florida.

The best 5 teams in the country are ...

1. Alabama

2. USC

3. Florida

4. Texas

5. Oklahoma

I think Bama is getting respect by everyone, but the way UF is playing right now its hard not to like them next week.

The 5 teams playing the best football right now in the country are ...

1. Alabama

2. Florida

3. Oklahoma

4. Texas

5. USC :wacko:

Are you schitting me? This is the first time I've been nervous in about six weeks. Alabama's o-line and defense scares me. I have never taken it for granted that Florida will win. My dream is that we somehow get an early lead and take Bama out of their game. If this game is close in the 4th qtr, I think it's advantage Bama.

Are you schitting me? This is the first time I've been nervous in about six weeks. Alabama's o-line and defense scares me. I have never taken it for granted that Florida will win. My dream is that we somehow get an early lead and take Bama out of their game. If this game is close in the 4th qtr, I think it's advantage Bama.

Seems there is a BCS guru that points out what I noticed when the poll was released.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?page=roadtobcs/0807

BCS antics leading to disturbing poll trend

By Brad Edwards

Special to ESPN.com

(Archive)

Updated: November 30, 2008

Comment

Email

Print

Oklahoma Jumps Texas In The BCSIn the end, it was what we expected.

It just happened far differently than anyone had imagined.

Oklahoma will represent the Big 12 South in the conference championship game against Missouri on Saturday, giving the Sooners a chance to play their way into the BCS National Championship Game with a victory.

OU earned that berth by being ranked higher than both Texas and Texas Tech in Sunday's BCS standings -- the fifth and final tiebreaker to determine the division winner.

Oklahoma entered last week with a lead on its competition in the polls that account for two-thirds of the BCS formula, but the Sooners still trailed Texas in the computer element. A road win against No. 12 Oklahoma State vaulted Oklahoma ahead of the Longhorns in that part of the equation, giving OU an advantage that seemed insurmountable.

But it was barely enough.

Even after Oklahoma's 61-41 win at Stillwater, a significant number of voters decided to drop the Sooners behind the Longhorns on their ballots, allowing Texas to take a six-point lead in the Harris poll and come within one point of OU in the coaches' poll.

In other words, the cumulative total of the human element of the BCS formula had Texas ranked ahead of Oklahoma by the slimmest of margins. It was the computers that ultimately boosted the Sooners into the Big 12 championship game, and into the national championship game if they can beat the Tigers, as well.

Whether you side with Oklahoma or Texas in this debate, it's hard not to be disturbed by what happened in the polls on Nov. 30. Certainly, voters have every right to change their minds from week-to-week, but in this case, there seemed to be a much larger agenda at work.

In any normal week, there would be no rational explanation for Oklahoma (winning 61-41 at No. 12 Oklahoma State) and Florida (winning 45-15 at No. 20 Florida State) both losing points in the polls and getting jumped by a team that had a similar victory margin in a home game against an opponent with a losing record.

Apparently, Texas' victory over Texas A&M on Thanksgiving night carried a lot of weight with the voters.

In this particular week, it's just part of the BCS game.

In the previous two seasons, several final ballots had very questionable ordering of teams, and there's little doubt that we'd see the same thing this week if these ballots were made public. But they won't be, because this isn't the final week of the regular season.

Regardless, it's clear that the polls have gotten out of control.

When the BCS was created many years ago, the polls were supposed to provide a passive element of the overall formula. But as the polls have been given more power, there's been trend toward voters attempting to serve a very active role as a virtual selection committee.

Ballots have ceased to be one man's opinion. Some of them are trying to manipulate the outcome of the race, and that's not what the polls were intended to do.

Thanks to the Big 12 for exposing yet another flaw in this system!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in part to SEC opponents Georgia, South Carolina and Vanderbilt all losing nonconference games on Saturday, No. 4 Florida lost some schedule strength in the BCS computers and still trails the No. 3 position in the BCS standings by a decent margin.

That raises the question: Is it still certain that Florida reaches the BCS National Championship Game by simply beating No. 1 Alabama on Saturday?

While there's obvious reason for Gators fans to be concerned, it remains highly unlikely that No. 3 Texas will stay ahead of Florida with many voters if UF wins the SEC title. If Oklahoma goes on to win the Big 12 championship, chances are good that some (if not most) of this week's Longhorns supporters will move the conference champion back ahead of UT on next week's ballots.

Also, with Alabama-Florida being a 1 versus 2 matchup in the Harris poll, and the Gators trailing No. 2 Oklahoma by only 12 points in this week's coaches' poll, it's probable that Florida will move to No. 1 in both polls if it wins the SEC title. That would pretty much ensure that the Gators reach the top 2 of next week's BCS standings.

But if Florida wins the SEC and somehow doesn't climb higher than second in one of the polls, there's a chance that Oklahoma and Texas could have a rematch for the BCS title.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

How does Florida "stumble" to a victory against the #1 team in the country? If they beat the #1 team in the country they will be in the NC game. Stumble ... :wacko:

Read the post just above this one. Seems you as OSU just spew without any research what so ever. There is a legit chance FLA can win and not advance if its not convincing. Oh how sweet would a FLA win on a blown call and they get left out as I said.

I actually think this is distubing how the vote changed so much on the last day. Its obvious there was an agenda today for Texas, when in no other week would OU and FLA lose ground while beating ranked teams on the road, albeit FSU isntt ranked anymore. While Texas beats a team no better than 85th in the country at home. This system needs to be fixed.. Mack Brown has a huge part in this and he should lose his ability to ever vote again in this poll. Its total crap what happened. Every ballot should be viewable, not just the last one, which comes next week.