[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Coaches Poll

theeohiostate

But if Florida wins the SEC and somehow doesn't climb higher than second in one of the polls, there's a chance that Oklahoma and Texas could have a rematch for the BCS title.[/b]

This would be a travesty given the fact that Oklahoma and Texas are not as good as Florida, USC or Alabama. The winner of the Bama and Florida game is definately in. The nations only hope for a "real" National Championship game is if Oklahoma gets beat by a mediocre Missouri squad next week and we get a USC-Florida or USC-Alabama National Championship game. :wacko:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had TOS on ignore for a while..........it was really nice

but since he is the commish in my BOTH league I eventually had to read his posts

I un ignored him, so I can continue to punk him. And I was glad to leave the league he commished. How sick am I for this? :wacko:

This clueless idiot thinks there are 3 polls, The Harris, The USAtoday and the Coaches poll.

He also said in 2005 OU's Adrian Peterson couldnt carry GA's Danny Ware's jock.

There are so many great gems over the years, but these are the 2 best I can think of.

Kidding right? Best athletes, best coach and hands down the best defense in the country.

No, doesn't matter how they good are on the field I still can't stand them. I gave them their props as a top 5 team right now, but it pains me to say it. :wacko:

Read the post just above this one. Seems you as OSU just spew without any research what so ever. There is a legit chance FLA can win and not advance if its not convincing. Oh how sweet would a FLA win on a blown call and they get left out as I said.

If the second best team in the nation beats the #1 team in the nation they will be in the Title game. Doesn't take a whole lot of research to figure that one out. :wacko:

Your Sooner squad has a very weak defense and pathetic special teams. Be honest, do you really think they are better than USC, Florida or Bama who play ALL three phases well?

This would be a travesty given the fact that Oklahoma and Texas are not as good as Florida, USC or Alabama. The winner of the Bama and Florida game is definately in. The nations only hope for a "real" National Championship game is if Oklahoma gets beat by a mediocre Missouri squad next week and we get a USC-Florida or USC-Alabama National Championship game. :wacko:

Do you have a man crush on Pete Carroll. Seriously, SC is not the best team. They have a great defense, but their O is so oridinary, they would have no shot against UT, OU or FLA. Please get off SC, that is insane this year.

And you laughed it off like it wasnt possible, I didnt say it was likely, but now Im shown you a link that shows its possible. Funny how you change your tune in the manner of your post with someone else saying what I said eariler/ Hilarious.

If the second best team in the nation beats the #1 team in the nation they will be in the Title game. Doesn't take a whole lot of research to figure that one out. :wacko:

Your Sooner squad has a very weak defense and pathetic special teams. Be honest, do you really think they are better than USC, Florida or Bama who play ALL three phases well?

Their D looked pretty good against Tech who carried the 2nd highest scoring offense in the country to OU. And I think SC is complete sh*t, so that is a no brainer, and I dont see Bama having the secondary to stop OU at all. And OU can stop that type of offense all day. I know Texas can compete with the Sooners, they have every element to expose OUs defense. And its Colt McCoy. He is elusive like Zac Robinson, and he can throw the ball deep with accuracy. Tebow has neither of these traits. He is a good runner straight ahead like a fullback, but he isnt outrunning our DL, like Robinson did last night. Tebow wouldnt have made it out of that game last night, he would have been hit so many times he wouldnt have lett the game. And he simply isnt a good passing QB. Sure if a WR is wide open he can shotput it back across the field like he did to the TE. But That wont happen against OU.

Their D looked pretty good against Tech who carried the 2nd highest scoring offense in the country to OU. And I think SC is complete sh*t, so that is a no brainer, and I dont see Bama having the secondary to stop OU at all. And OU can stop that type of offense all day. I know Texas can compete with the Sooners, they have every element to expose OUs defense. And its Colt McCoy. He is elusive like Zac Robinson, and he can throw the ball deep with accuracy. Tebow has neither of these traits. He is a good runner straight ahead like a fullback, but he isnt outrunning our DL, like Robinson did last night. Tebow wouldnt have made it out of that game last night, he would have been hit so many times he wouldnt have lett the game. And he simply isnt a good passing QB. Sure if a WR is wide open he can shotput it back across the field like he did to the TE. But That wont happen against OU.

Tell the truth...Florida scares the schit out of you.

I am saying the if Tech had beaten OU or made it close then they would still have a voice in the Big 12 championship and NC picture. By getting blown out like that to a team ranked below them, they can't really complain about not getting a BCS bowl or being mentioned with UT and OU.

<---TT fan, FWIW.

All I'm saying is that OU blew them out and that needs to be taken into account. If Tech can be knocked out of the talk for Big12 Championship, the team that blew them out deserves credit for doing so.

Kidding right? Best athletes, best coach and hands down the best defense in the country.

Nick Sabin coaches USC?

As much as I would like to see UT get into the NC game in a rematch against OU......It just won't happen. The winner of the SEC will get in and that should be UF. I am still not sold on BAMA and the SEC is very soft this year compared to year's past. Trust, i will be pulling for an upset by MU, but I have seen their D play, and do not think this can happen. Also will root for UF to win ugly FWIW, but it won't change things just as OU's win last night that was not pretty. OU gave up way too many points to jump UT, they had some big breaks (tip to 18) for the TD on 3rd and 8 was a big play!! They still would have pulled out the win as Bradford was not going to lose that game, they came on strong the last 5 mins, the rankings would have been very interesting if it stayed within a score.

It's time to take the NC from the SEC, will be pulling for the Sooners if they get in, they crush Bama if that is the game!

Tell the truth...Florida scares the schit out of you.

Actually NO. not at all. IF it isnt going to be OU vs Texas, I hope OU gets to punk FLA. That may do enough to limit the SEC love next year, after seeing how its no better than the Big 10.

But since this is where you mind is, are your saying the OU offense scares the schit outta you. Im sure FLA was praying Texas got in over OU. Wouldnt surprise me if Meyer had a vote, he and Mack Brown were the 41 pt swing in the poll today. Hmm......

Edited by Sgt Ryan

In any normal week, there would be no rational explanation for Oklahoma (winning 61-41 at No. 12 Oklahoma State) and Florida (winning 45-15 at No. 20 Florida State) both losing points in the polls and getting jumped by a team that had a similar victory margin in a home game against an opponent with a losing record.

Apparently, Texas' victory over Texas A&M on Thanksgiving night carried a lot of weight with the voters.

In this particular week, it's just part of the BCS game.

I actually agree with this assessment. How does a team that palyed an unranked team moive ahead of 2 teams that both won on the road in convincing fashion against ranked rivals?

ETA: the one thing I like about OU getting the nod is that they never played Missou this year. UF did not play Bama either. So 2 first time matchups is in some way a good consolation. Nothing against Texas or USC.

Edited by jaxfactor

All I'm saying is that OU blew them out and that needs to be taken into account. If Tech can be knocked out of the talk for Big12 Championship, the team that blew them out deserves credit for doing so.

They are getting that credit. :wacko:

I actually agree with this assessment. How does a team that palyed an unranked team moive ahead of 2 teams that both won on the road in convincing fashion against ranked rivals?

ETA: the one thing I like about OU getting the nod is that they never played Missou this year. UF did not play Bama either. So 2 first time matchups is in some way a good consolation. Nothing against Texas or USC.

Crazy that those with a vote do not have to reveal it, wide open for trouble....

Ah, but Tebow doesn't have to outrun anyone, he just runs throught them. :wacko:

Crazy that those with a vote do not have to reveal it, wide open for trouble....

Yep, which is why they should make the last 3 weeks public so this crap doesn't happen. Or if it does, the coach who pukes on the system totally loses credibility and loses his vote.

Do you have a man crush on Pete Carroll. Seriously, SC is not the best team. They have a great defense, but their O is so oridinary, they would have no shot against UT, OU or FLA. Please get off SC, that is insane this year.

And you laughed it off like it wasnt possible, I didnt say it was likely, but now Im shown you a link that shows its possible. Funny how you change your tune in the manner of your post with someone else saying what I said eariler/ Hilarious.

You call SC offense ordinary, then what prey tail do you consider OU's defense ? A nightmare ?

Actually NO. not at all. IF it isnt going to be OU vs Texas, I hope OU gets to punk FLA. That may do enough to limit the SEC love next year, after seeing how its no better than the Big 10.

But since this is where you mind is, are your saying the OU offense scares the schit outta you. Im sure FLA was praying Texas got in over OU. Wouldnt surprise me if Meyer had a vote, he and Mack Brown were the 41 pt swing in the poll today. Hmm......

I sense the fear in you.

I sense the fear in you.

Actually, as a UF fan myself, I'd rather play OU than Texas. Or even USC for that matter. :wacko:

I know for a fact that Tressel voted Texas #1 and didn't even rank OU. He was hoping to get a christmas present playing that defense in Norman in the Fiesta Bowl. I'd imagine alot of other coaches tried the same approach.

Dude, are you retarded? I don't care who you find that said "it's a possibility" I'm telling you that it won't happen. If Florida beats Alabama, regardless of how, they will play for the National Championship.

As far as USC goes I didn't say that they ARE the best team I said they are in the Top 3 and no question in my mind that they beat up on Oklahoma if they played. Albeit, not as bad as they did a few years ago :wacko:

I know for a fact that Tressel voted Texas #1 and didn't even rank OU. He was hoping to get a christmas present playing that defense in Norman in the Fiesta Bowl. I'd imagine alot of other coaches tried the same approach.

LMAO, OU would put 60 on their defense, and OSU wouldnt score more than twice. with the last being a mop up touch down.