[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Coaches Poll

theeohiostate

If the second best team in the nation beats the #1 team in the nation they will be in the Title game. Doesn't take a whole lot of research to figure that one out. :wacko:

Your Sooner squad has a very weak defense and pathetic special teams. Be honest, do you really think they are better than USC, Florida or Bama who play ALL three phases well?

BY BCS standards they are the #4 team, and the #3 team has a nice lead on them right now. IF Bama loses, OU and Texas will also move up.

IF FLA were #2, and they beat #1, Id agree with you. But FLA is #4, and their computer ranking is a distant 4th from the top 3. That rating is bigger than a few votes FLA may get for winning. FLA needs to win convicingly to be sure. And Im hoping they press and make mistake after mistake, and lose. How funny would that be to go in with the mind set of running up the score and get beat.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's time to take the NC from the SEC, will be pulling for the Sooners if they get in, they crush Bama if that is the game!

Absolutely no way Oklahoma beats Alabama. It's easy to run over the defenses that the BIG 12 put on the field. It's a whole different thing to be outmatched on defense and special teams. Tough to win the big one's when your only good at one phase of the game. That's been proven the last 3 bowl games that OU has played in. Just the facts, :wacko:

Actually, as a UF fan myself, I'd rather play OU than Texas. Or even USC for that matter. :wacko:

That is because you dont understand match ups. OU's defense matches up very well with FLA , and if you are going to beat OU, you have to have an elusive QB who can gash OU with his legs, and a QB who can throw deep with accuracy. Tebow as good as he is running the ball, wont give OU problems. His slow ass will be caught and he is worse than McNabb throwing the ball.

Absolutely no way Oklahoma beats Alabama. It's easy to run over the defenses that the BIG 12 put on the field. It's a whole different thing to be outmatched on defense and special teams. Tough to win the big one's when your only good at one phase of the game. That's been proven the last 3 bowl games that OU has played in. Just the facts, :wacko:

Personally I want to see Texas, as they already beat OU and give OU the best game. Bama and FLA imo wont give the Sooners much competition. The SEC is alot like the Big 10 when FLA punked Ohio St and we all thought OSU and Michigan were the two best teams, only to see both get punked in bowls, because that conference turned out to be so weak, we over estimated those 2 teams. Same thing here in the SEC this year.

And I think SC is complete sh*t, so that is a no brainer, and I dont see Bama having the secondary to stop OU at all.

These two comments tell most all they need to know. "USC is complete sh*t" OK Sarge, you got us on that one :wacko:

It's not the secondary of Alabama that would stop the OU passing game it would be their DL providing the pressure that would help contain OU's passing game. Alabama has a definate advantage over Oklahoma on both lines. I do think that OU's passing game is so good it would be very difficult for anyone to shut them down, except for maybe SC.

Ok, so based on the numbers, here's how I see it playing out if the Gators win on Saturday.

Harris already has Bama #1 and UF #2 so logic would tell us that the winner of this game is #1 in the minds of these voters. +1 Gators

USA Today/Coaches poll has OU/UT 12/11 points ahead of UF currently. A win over #1 Alabama, ugly or not, is certainly enough for them to overtake the idle Longhorns and since noone will be all that impressed by OU beating Mizzou(lost to the only 3 good/decent teams they played this year) there's a very good chance they vault OU too. I feel quite confident that beating Bama is worth more than OU could add to that 12 pt cushion they have right now. +1 Gators

As for the computers, where the point of contention really seems to be in this argument, I give you this...

Last week

UF = .780

UT = .960

This week

UF = .820

UT = .940

Not a massive closing of the gap but that's with both teams beating clear underdogs and they did knock off 1/3 of that point lead. How much will that gap close if the Gators beat #1 and undefeated Bama while Texas is sitting idle? If they're ahead in both polls, and they will be, all they need is to get close and there's no doubt that will happen. Hell, there's an outstanding chance they will be ranked #1 going into the NC game. +1 Gators

Plain and simple, Gators win and they're in.

Edited by BS Miscreant

FLA move up 1 spot, Texas moves up 1 spot when Bama falls behind them both. So that is a push to today, they both move up only 1 spot.. This is actually not where FLA can gain ground, its the other poll this is possible. But there is just one problem, Mack Brown will have a say in this poll. The computers will likely move OU to #1 in all of them, and Texas will still hold a sizable lead in the computers over FLA.

So I agree its unlikely FLA wins and doesnt move up in the BCS, its extremely possible.

If the second best team in the nation beats the #1 team in the nation they will be in the Title game. Doesn't take a whole lot of research to figure that one out. :wacko:

Your Sooner squad has a very weak defense and pathetic special teams. Be honest, do you really think they are better than USC, Florida or Bama who play ALL three phases well?

I will agree that Fla has all 3 phases down to an almost science, USC has a OUTSTANDING Defense, a better than average offensive, my reason behind this is with the weapons they have they should score 60+ every week, and a good special teams, and to BAMA they have a great D, and IMO a average offense at best. so to say all three of the aforementioned teams out play OU just is not a fact.

Bama's D is great they are 4th,6th,5th and 49th on d (points/game, total yds/game, rush yds/game, pass yds/game) their offense is not that great 53rd, 97th, 38th, and 185th, so I truly hope bama beats Fla cause of the above mentioned teams they are the patsies of the bunch, oh and just so if you didn't already know OU has the #1 scoring Off in the nation!!!!

Tell the truth...Florida scares the schit out of you.

Since Sarge persists in running his mouth a bit much again, I'll step up and say I'm very scared of Fla in the NC, as the game will not be on a neutral field if they are a team playing in it, just like the Sugar Bowl when LSU beat OU. So all I can say is roll tide!!

Since Sarge persists in running his mouth a bit much again, I'll step up and say I'm very scared of Fla in the NC, as the game will not be on a neutral field if they are a team playing in it, just like the Sugar Bowl when LSU beat OU. So all I can say is roll tide!!

Wow! Forgot what pu$$ies Sooner fans are. The game will be on a neutral field :D

You do know that the Gators play in Gainesville and LSU in Baton Rouge, right? :wacko:

There is a big difference between Florida playing in Miami and LSU playing in New Orleans. LSU takes over that joint. I know first hand, because Iowa has played Florida twice in the last 5 years in Florida Bowl games, in a venue a lot closer to Gainesville, and both times Iowa had more than their fair share of fans. With LSU in the Super Dome, you're literally getting Death Valley South. Anyone who says differently is trying to elude the facts.

There is a big difference between Florida playing in Miami and LSU playing in New Orleans. LSU takes over that joint. I know first hand, because Iowa has played Florida twice in the last 5 years in Florida Bowl games, in a venue a lot closer to Gainesville, and both times Iowa had more than their fair share of fans. With LSU in the Super Dome, you're literally getting Death Valley South. Anyone who says differently is trying to elude the facts.

I was going to say the same thing. Rocker, you're right on one count, but you've got to be fishing with the bit about the Sugar Bowl not being an LSU home game.

Wow! Forgot what pu$$ies Sooner fans are. The game will be on a neutral field :D

You do know that the Gators play in Gainesville and LSU in Baton Rouge, right? :wacko:

Why are you even replying to me? I was talking to unateve, go tuck your head between your legs and pray like hell that the HAT can find LSU a QB for next year, or it will be more of the same for you!!!!!

Yeah and I also know that "Dallas" is a neutral filed, thats a good one, right in the Big ole middle of the Texas state fair where a whole shiatpot of drunk texans are and its neutral.....my ass, then if its so neutral i say we find a neutral field in Oklahoma and lets play there every other year..........

So yeah Fla will have an advantage in Miami just like LSU had in New Orleans. And why don't you go hide till next year as team has done nothing this year but get beat by inferior teams........

Edit- it is about 325 miles from Gainesville to Miami and its over 1500 miles from Norman sounds like home cookin to me, I also Suppose USC playing in the Rose bowl warrants no home field advantage what so ever.

Edited by LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe