[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's to say

SLAYER

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is possible that Florida beats Bama, and doesn't jump Texas setting up a Texas/OU rematch(assuming OU beats Missouri). I wouldn't put anything pass the BCS system.

If Florida beat Bama like I think they will.

38-10

Then Florida leaps past everyone to #1 in both Coaches and Harris Poll.

No one in their right minds wants a rematch. Texas already beat then once, why should we go through the same crap again. Let Florida pounce 'em good.

Better game will be found in the Fiesta with OSU vs Texas , rubber match 1-1 in last 3 years.

OSU vs UT in the Fiesta? there are two unbeten teams ahead of OSU that deserve a shot at UT b4 OSU, Lets not forget about boise and utah they are both ranked in the top 10

Utah is the only one guaranteed a birth.

Boise St. will not get the nod over the Bucks. It's not a matter of the Bucks being better, in addition they spend more money and travel well. This is the BCS after all, and greed and $$$ is why we have the match ups we have every year.

It's not like the Bucks are that far behind Boise in the Polls either, they are 9 and 10 in every poll. Toss a coin, but the committee wants the coin to turn to gold and the only way that happens is with the Bucks.

If it were about the best teams, then why is UC and BC in the BCS Bowls, period ?

Here is CBS updated bowl projections

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

I've been out to Tempe for our last 2 games against Miami, FL and Notre Dame. Arizona loves the Buckeys , along with the Fiesta Bowl. We own this bowl and should win again. This game will be at the new Cardinals stadium and not Sun Devil Stadium, so I'm excited to see the new stadium this year.

Edited by theeohiostate

It is possible that Florida beats Bama, and doesn't jump Texas setting up a Texas/OU rematch(assuming OU beats Missouri). I wouldn't put anything pass the BCS system.

Anything is possible. I just have a hard time believing that Florida is left out, if they are lucky enough to beat Bama, so that we get an OU-TX rematch for the NC. If that is what happens, then I still go to work on Monday, my wife still thinks I'm kind of cute with a peculiar sense of humor, and I will feel as blue as my eyes.

Ok, so based on the numbers, here's how I see it playing out if the Gators win on Saturday.

Harris already has Bama #1 and UF #2 so logic would tell us that the winner of this game is #1 in the minds of these voters. +1 Gators

USA Today/Coaches poll has OU/UT 12/11 points ahead of UF currently. A win over #1 Alabama, ugly or not, is certainly enough for them to overtake the idle Longhorns and since noone will be all that impressed by OU beating Mizzou(lost to the only 3 good/decent teams they played this year) there's a very good chance they vault OU too. I feel quite confident that beating Bama is worth more than OU could add to that 12 pt cushion they have right now. +1 Gators

As for the computers, where the point of contention really seems to be in this argument, I give you this...

Last week

UF = .780

UT = .960

This week

UF = .820

UT = .940

Not a massive closing of the gap but that's with both teams beating clear underdogs and they did knock off 1/3 of that point lead. How much will that gap close if the Gators beat #1 and undefeated Bama while Texas is sitting idle? If they're ahead in both polls, and they will be, all they need is to get close and there's no doubt that will happen. Hell, there's an outstanding chance they will be ranked #1 going into the NC game. +1 Gators

Plain and simple, Gators win and they're in.

Just posted this in another thread and then saw that this was here but hey, it's worth repeating.

Edited by BS Miscreant

I saw that possible scenerio when this was released. One of the BCS gurus seconded what I saw, and it is very possible.

However, I do think it unlikely.

The polls can be manipulated and Mack Brown will rate his team #1 next week again, and probably not rank FLA at all, to help his cause. He had a huge part of the shakeup in the polls today, make no mistake about it. There is no way Texas moves ahead of OU today, with that win over A&M, when OU beat #12 Okie St on the road.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

The polls can be manipulated and Mack Brown will rate his team #1 next week again, and probably not rank FLA at all, to help his cause. He had a huge part of the shakeup in the polls today, make no mistake about it. There is no way Texas moves ahead of OU today, with that win over A&M, when OU beat #12 Okie St on the road.

Granted, this is a possibility but next week's votes are public... are they not? Besides, the numbers and odds are overwhelming against whatever Brown may do.

Granted, this is a possibility but next week's votes are public... are they not? Besides, the numbers and odds are overwhelming against whatever Brown may do.

After looking at this again.

In the Harris poll, FLA can only move up 1 spot, Texas also moves up 1 spot when Bama falls behind them both. So that is a push to today, they both move up only 1 spot.. This is actually not where FLA can gain ground, its the other poll this is possible. But there is just one problem, Mack Brown will have a say in this poll. The computers will likely move OU to #1 in all of them, and Texas will still hold a sizable lead in the computers over FLA.

So I agree its unlikely FLA wins and doesnt move up in the BCS, its extremely possible.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

Public or not, its backlash after the fact. Its not against the law to vote what you think, and Brown can do what he wants. This is the problem with todays vote, and I see if FLA barely wins, he might just take the chance. Hell he has ruined his reputation politicing the lalst few years, this year included.

Public or not, its backlash after the fact. Its not against the law to vote what you think, and Brown can do what he wants. This is the problem with todays vote, and I see if FLA barely wins, he might just take the chance. Hell he has ruined his reputation politicing the lalst few years, this year included.

I think that if it was made public that Brown didn't rank FL something at least reasonable (like top 5-10 but really top 5), there would be a major, major outrage that would make his past political moves seem like nothing. Making your plea before the other voters may be a bit lame, but completely undermining the entire process by voting in a manner that is indefensible could and should have a devastating effect on his reputation with everyone, not just the fans.

Oh, and if he did anything like this in terms of how UT made up ground on OU. That is, not making his case, but actually voting OU any lower than 5, then I really hope that it would somehow get leaked. What a load of crap.

Edited by detlef

I think that if it was made public that Brown didn't rank FL something at least reasonable (like top 5-10 but really top 5), there would be a major, major outrage that would make his past political moves seem like nothing. Making your plea before the other voters may be a bit lame, but completely undermining the entire process by voting in a manner that is indefensible could and should have a devastating effect on his reputation with everyone, not just the fans.

Oh, and if he did anything like this in terms of how UT made up ground on OU. That is, not making his case, but actually voting OU any lower than 5, then I really hope that it would somehow get leaked. What a load of crap.

Which is exactly why we should have the last 3 weeks public knowledge, not just the last week. Hell, why not make them public knowledge the whole freekin' year, that way sh*t like this doesn't happen. Or even if it does, it tarnishes that particular coach who as I said in another thread "puked on the system".

Which is exactly why we should have the last 3 weeks public knowledge, not just the last week. Hell, why not make them public knowledge the whole freekin' year, that way sh*t like this doesn't happen. Or even if it does, it tarnishes that particular coach who as I said in another thread "puked on the system".

Better yet. Do not allow a bias system like the coaches poll to even exist. It's the dumbest self serving poll on earth.

The AP Poll should be counted over the Coaches Poll. They had Texas over OU , which would have made the difference.

Better yet. Do not allow a bias system like the coaches poll to even exist. It's the dumbest self serving poll on earth.

The AP Poll should be counted over the Coaches Poll. They had Texas over OU , which would have made the difference.

The AP no longer allowed its poll to be in the BCS after the 2004 season.

To Mack Brown's credit he apparently didn't vote his team #1.

Had he then his Longhorns would have jumped your Sooners in the rankings.

Nov. 30, 2008

Rank Team (first-place votes) Record Points Last week

1. Alabama (58) 12-0 1,521 1

2. Oklahoma (2) 11-1 1,397 2

3. Texas 11-1 1,396 4

4. Florida (1) 11-1 1,385 3

5. Southern California 10-1 1,298 5

Edited by Rockerbraves

So, the fact that OU was ahead of UT in both polls prior to beating a top 12 team on the road by nearly 3 TDs and then was passed by UT in the AP doesn't bother you one bit?

I understand how you feel about H2H. I also understand that you only feel this way with regard to UT and OU but seemingly not with regards to TT and UT, but that is beside the point.

Once again, if H2H was so important and the all-knowing voters who are so much better equipped to decide these things than the computers, why oh why was UT not ranked ahead of OU going into this weekend?

So, the fact that OU was ahead of UT in both polls prior to beating a top 12 team on the road by nearly 3 TDs and then was passed by UT in the AP doesn't bother you one bit?

No, what is suggests to me is the voters were trying to get it right for a change. They realized the error of their ways. At no point in this season did OU earn the right to be ranked over Texas. The AP and Harris Poll corrected that mistake and the coaches tried their best too.

I saw this coming when they only dropped OU to #4 after losing to Texas. I said to myself, if Texas loses sometime, there will be no place to put them. They lost and got solved behind a team they had just beat. It was unfair and I'm very glad all the Human Polls tried to set it right. OU can be thankful of a glitch in the BCS Software. Texas earned it over OU H2H 45-35 , that's just the facts as I see them.

Edited by theeohiostate

No, what is suggests to me is the voters were trying to get it right for a change. They realized the error of their ways. At no point in this season did OU earn the right to be ranked over Texas. The AP and Harris Poll corrected that mistake and the coaches tried their best too.

I saw this coming when they only dropped OU to #4 after losing to Texas. I said to myself, if Texas loses sometime, there will be no place to put them. They lost and got solved behind a team they had just beat. It was unfair and I'm very glad all the Human Polls tried to set it right. OU can be thankful of a glitch in the BCS Software. Texas earned it over OU H2H 45-35 , that's just the facts as I see them.

So why are you fine with Texas Tech being ranked behind Texas? They beat them straight up.

That's the problem. The only reason why you can say Tech should be out of the running is the eye-ball test. Problem is, that same eye-ball test says that OU is the better team. A far more impressive OOC resume, they were on the winning side of the only lopsided victory among the 3 team rat-phcuk at the top of the Big 12 South. In fact, they also looked a whole lot better beating OSU by 20 on the road as opposed to by 4 at home. The list continues.

So, you can't eye-test the team that has UT's number out of the picture if you're not willing to eye-test the team that UT beat into the title game. In other words, you can't have it both ways.

Again, I understand your frustration. I would typically say that H2H trumps all. Typically. This just happens to be a time when that's not the case. Quite simply because it isn't H2H, it's H2H2H, so H2H has to get thrown out the window.

I'm aware, but I was stating, if the AP was a part of the system now instead of coaches, then Texas undoubtedly goes to the NC Game.

Im going to shut you up once and for all. You obviously just spew and spew and spew, and never do any research to back anything up. So Ill put it right in front of your face, and let you backpeddle once again, or just run from the argument.

OU led both polls last week, by 2 spots in one, and still Texas was ahead of them in the BCS, because the margin in the computers weighed more than the difference of 2 polls. The advantage OU had in the final computer

Week 13, last week. - November 23

OU Led the USAtoday Coaches Poll

USA Today Poll

1. Alabama (56) 11-0 1,518

2. Oklahoma (4) 10-1 1,412

3. Florida (1) 10-1 1,401

4. Texas 10-1 1,370

OU Led the Harris Poll

1. Alabama - 2839

2. Florida - 2644

3. Oklahoma - 2598

4. Texas - 2577

And Still Texas led the BCS, Why you ask even after both polls had OU ahead.

Because of the Computers

Texas - 23 23 25 24 25 24 .960

Oklahoma - 22 24 21 25 22 22 .900

That .60 difference in the computers was greater than

42 pts in the Coaches Polll

21 pts in the Harris Poll

OU led both by a combined 63 pts - but .60 in the computers was greater than this point margin and gave Texas a .920 to .912 advantage in the BCS

Lets move onto Week 14, this week. - November 30

USA Today Coaches Poll

1. Alabama (58) 12-0 1,521

2. Oklahoma (2) 11-1 1,397

3. Texas 11-1 1,396

4. Florida (1) 11-1 1,385

Harris Poll

1. Alabama - 2815

2. Floridan - 2619

3. Texas - 2575

4. Oklahoma - 2569

Computers

1. Oklahoma - 22 24 24 25 25 25 .980

2. Texas - 23 22 25 23 24 24 .940

The Computers have OU a .40 difference,

Texas led both by a combined 5 pts - but .40 in the computers was greater than this point margin and gave Texas a .935 to .922 advantage in the BCS

Thus OUs lead this week .013 was greater than Texas .008 lead last week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AP Top 25 This week November 30.

1. Alabama (62) 12-0 1,620

2. Florida (3) 11-1 1,516

3. Texas 11-1 1,488

4. Oklahoma 11-1 1,480

If you substitue the Ap poll with the USA Today Coaches poll Texas lead would have been a combined 8 pts in the AP and 6 pts in the Harris - Or 14 total points vs 6 pts right now. That 9 pt difference in both polls from the current polls, wouldnt have come close to making up the difference in the computers as you suggest.

Last week OU had a 63 pt lead in the combined polls but that .60 lead by Texas in the Computers gave Texas a .008 - .920 Texas - .912 OU

This week Texas had a 5 pt lead in the combined polls but that .40 lead by OU in the computers gave OU a .013 lead - .935 OU - .922 Texas

Looking at this formula, even with the AP poll instead of the USA TODAY Coaches Poll - OU would have still won .933 OU to 924 Texas, which is still a larger margin this week, than Texas held last week - .009 to .008

So please before you continue to spew out your ass, please think and do a lil research first.

OU led both polls last week, by 2 spots in one, and still Texas was ahead of them in the BCS, because the margin in the computers weighed more than the difference of 2 polls. The advantage OU had in the final computer

lmao.

You truely are clueless about how things work, no ?

Your telling me the computers are weighed more than the polls?

I don't think so. The Polls account for 2/3rds the weight there Rosco.

Last week OU was ahead on Both Polls, this Week only on one. Had the AP been used, like I was saying before you interrupted with nonsense, Texas would have been ahead.

Another way to look at things with those homer filled goggles, is 45-35 .

lmao.

You truely are clueless about how things work, no ?

Your telling me the computers are weighed more than the polls?

I don't think so. The Polls account for 2/3rds the weight there Rosco.

Last week OU was ahead on Both Polls, this Week only on one. Had the AP been used, like I was saying before you interrupted with nonsense, Texas would have been ahead.

Another way to look at things with those homer filled goggles, is 45-35 .

Last week OU was ahead in both polls and still trailed Texas in the BCS you moron. Geez, do you even know the facts of what you are saying. Texas led last week idiot, with OU having a huge lead in the combined polls. Why is that Mike. Because the computers had Texas so far ahead.

WOW< are you really this stupid. Yesterday you didnt know there the USA today and the coached poll was the same poll. And though there were 3 polls, those 2 along with the Harris. And today you didnt know Texas trailed OU in both polls, but still led the BCS last week, because of the computers. Just please shut the hell up. You embarass yourself with every post. Its better for others to think you are stupid, than for you to type and leave no doubt.

Edited by Sgt Ryan