[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

From the abyss to the playoffs...

keggerz

Eagles make the playoffs with a 10-5-1 record :wacko:

no seriously, I know this team has seriously underperformed at times this year but

if you look at what we have left in front of us it is extremely possible that we win out

and make it into the playoffs...not only would that be great it would be one hell of a wave

to be riding into the playoffs.

THE ABYSS: not BEATING the Bengals was what seemed to be the last step off the plank but

Then the playoff Cards came to town and McNabb/Westy/Reid and company put things behind them (for now)

and took care of business....

The road to the playoffs will not be easy thats for sure:

1st up: NYG AT NY...the thing is if you want to be a playoff team you are gonna need to beat playoff teams...the Giants

do look good but ANY GIVEN SUNDAY...also like that the birds have a few extra days to prep for the Gmen too plus there is

that little Plax/handgun distraction too

2nd up: BROWNS in Philly...This will need to be a statement game of sorts that the Eagles will not play down to their competition...with a 3rd

string QB starting for the Browns it should be an easy win (but then again no win is easy in the NFL)

3rd up: WASH @ WASH....another TOUGH TOUGH matchup and going on the road in the NFCE is never easy but again...if they want the playoffs then beat playoff teams...the eagles really gave the last game away to the Skins earlier this year...this time I think Philly pulls it out in the 4th quarter to beat the skins two years in a row in their house

4th up: DAL @PHL...Dallas is not the same team we played earlier in the year when we had a chance to beat them....this wont be a cake walk but if we have notched the previous 3 wins coming into this game then this is the start of our playoffs.....

so yeah the chances are small but I like them nonetheless...yes they are tough games but also games versus teams that they need to see lose too....I took a quick look at teams records in the playoff hunt and I dont see a way that 10-5-1 doesnt get in...sure it could happen but it probably wont...but hey, a guy can dream can't he

Edited by keggerz

Yeah and the Texans will finish 9-7 and get a wildcard, too. :D

it starts tonite then ...except I think its gonna take a 10-6 record to make it in the AFC too and that

will probably still leave a 10-6 team out....one thing is for sure...there are some brutal schedules

upcoming for some teams (playoff bound teams if they dont trip and fall) ...going to be an interesting

final month :wacko:

4th up: DAL @PHL...Dallas is not the same team we played earlier in the year when we had a chance to beat them....this wont be a cake walk but if we have notched the previous 3 wins coming into this game then this is the start of our playoffs.....

Neither team is the same. They had a bizarre Monday night scorefest that Dallas eeked out and not long after that things got strange for both teams. Even before the Romo injury things were getting shaky in bid D. Id have to say our abyss was the Rams. Now you have 2 teams with NFC east battles left plus in Dallas case some very tough out of conference battles. I will say this. Whoever gets these playoff spots sure as hell will have earned them

Neither team is the same. They had a bizarre Monday night scorefest that Dallas eeked out and not long after that things got strange for both teams. Even before the Romo injury things were getting shaky in bid D. Id have to say our abyss was the Rams. Now you have 2 teams with NFC east battles left plus in Dallas case some very tough out of conference battles. I will say this. Whoever gets these playoff spots sure as hell will have earned them

+10000000000000

I wish the Giants was the last game of the season as I think this week's game will be the hardest of the remaining games and the Giants could be resting their guys come week 17... The other 3 games on the Eagles schedule are winnable, but mean very little if we can't win Sunday.

that's why you continue to play hard in the NFL, and why you should continue to set your lineups in FF for that matter even if you think you're team is toast.....looks like I might be able to squeeze in the final spot in the playoffs if I have 2 more good weeks

• 3 weeks later...
:wacko: Keg with the weak reverse attempt

nah, they are done this week....if there is a way to get in by losing this game and winning next week then that is great but I dont see them pulling thiis one out..the wash D is playing very good

I thought you were crazy

:wacko:

then you will probably think I am crazy saying I think we can make a serious run at the playoffs...

We just need to play our game...we have already shown we can beat over 1/2 the teams that have

made the playoffs(NYG, ATL & Cards) the only other 2 teams they haven't beaten they didnt play (Car & Minny)

it truly would be a sweet sweet ending to a tumultuous season

I think my SB call is:

Birds vs Colts