[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official Denver Broncos Contest

MTSuper7

Update through week 3. Only six huddlers still alive in the contest wth Buffalo's upset win yesterday. Through three games, Denver has 57 points. I'll have to give Square the early line favorite, as Denver is moving in the wrong direction and San Diego is moving in the right direction, but despite that it's hard to imagine Denver not scoring at least 19 points (if less than 19 points by Denver, Savage Beatings gets the win). And one last note - my own prediction (which doesn't count for contest purposes) is in the original example at the end of this post (not shabby, eh?). Here are the final six:

ID KC CAR BUF SD Total

bigmike4969 W L L W 109

Tazinib W L L W 105

rhippens W L L W 98

Square W L L L 84

MrEd20 W L L W 76

Savage Beatings W L L L 67

Per my original post, here are the contest details:

So Denver walks into the Meadowlands and pretty convincingly beats the hell out of the Jets, even forcing them into turning the ball over on downs three times in the second half. All of this just one week after the Jets throttled the then-undefeated Titans in Nashville. All of this one week after the bumbling Raiders destroyed the Broncos in Denver by 21 points. Denver is 3-0 against the NFC south, arguably one of the best divisions in football. But they've also been beat down by relatively crappy Kansas City and Jacksonville teams this season too... Is there a team in the league more puzzling to figure out than Denver?

With that, I suggest a contest regarding how Denver fares over the last four games. For convenience's sake, their remaining schedule is;

vs. KC

@ CAR

vs. BUF

@ SD

For the contest, pick a winner for each of these games as well as how many total points you think the Broncos will score in this four game stretch. Whoever accurately gets all four games right is the winner, and if multiple people get all four games right (I assume this will happen, but you never know), use the Broncos' total points as a tiebreaker. Once the winner has been determined, I will pay his/her 2009 Huddle membership. If you would like to participate, please reply to this thread with a W or L next to each of the above matchups as well as a point total for Denver for the four game span. Entries must be made before kickoff of the Denver / Kansas City game this weekend to be accepted. Good luck everyone!!!

Example entry:

vs. KC - W

@ CAR - L

vs. BUF - L

@ SD - L

Total points for Denver: 71

Edited by MTSuper7

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jets clearly experienced a let down after the big win @ TEN.

I am a hugh DEN fan, but their D still looked like poopy.

Cutler, however, is a freakin' stud. I think he wanted to to mano a mano vs the gunslinger Favre and was really up for the game. The dude was spitting bullets and would have had 400 yards plus were it not for several drops.

Denver has pretty much played to the level of their competition all year. It's frustrating to watch, but bodes well for them if they get into the playoffs.

vs. KC W KC & DEN rarely sweep each other, and the game is usually won by the home team. KC already has a W vs DEN in KC. Form says DEN wins in DEN.

@ CAR L CAR is finding ways to win games they shouldn't - like yesterday in GB. They are looking like the team no other team wants to catch in the playoffs. They'll find a way to win at home against DEN (if they need to, which I tend to doubt).

vs. BUF W BUF is just the opposite. They are finding ways to lose games they shouldn't. With this team, they ought to be in contention for winning the AFC East, instead they are giving away home games to SF. Losman starting makes them that much worse.

@ SD W. If DEN may not have anything to play for in this game, how about SD having an all-out mutiny against Norv? SD is hands down the most talented team in the AFC West, and arguably could be one of the top 2-3 teams talent-wise in the AFC. The reason they are losing? Norv! Helllllllloooo! Norv finds a way to piss this one away as his team quits on him.

So DEN goes 3-1, and scores 126 pts in the process.

Hard to believe I'm actually predicting that, given the glaring weaknesses on this DEN team - but I've learned you predict this team's successes or failures by looking at their opponents much more than by looking at DEN. It seem to me that DEN is a very young team that plays up or down to its opponent. As their guys get older, they'll learn how to keep their performance at an even level, but they aren't there yet. They'll also learn that if they don't bring their "A" game every week that even the weakest teams in the league will hand their heads to them.

Edited by Bronco Billy