[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants/Eagles

Robash

Time to bring McNabb and Westbrook down to earth abit

:wacko:

yeah, they were really flying high after the Cincy and Baltimore games. The chit Arizona defense gave them a false sense of worth. A real defense will fix that this week.

fwiw, I haven't heard one sound bite from a giants player or coach saying anything along the lines of we are just focusing on the eagles game we have coming up....could the Plax thing be a small enough distraction to help tip the cards our way :wacko: him cards that would be a good omen :D

fwiw, I haven't heard one sound bite from a giants player or coach saying anything along the lines of we are just focusing on the eagles game we have coming up....could the Plax thing be a small enough distraction to help tip the cards our way :wacko: him cards that would be a good omen :D

being the Mets homer i am, I sure would like to take that Phillies bling bling avi off your hands :D

I give the Eagles a good shot at winning this regardless of the Burress distractions. The Eagles are the desperate team, a solid division rival and have the tools to beat the Giants. Just stack the box with eight and play man to man on the WR's. Eli is good for a turnover or two. If you can't handle Toomer, Dixon and Boss man to man then why the hell did you go out and give Samuel the big buck$? Is Samuel even playing this week?

I give the Eagles a good shot at winning this regardless of the Burress distractions. The Eagles are the desperate team, a solid division rival and have the tools to beat the Giants. Just stack the box with eight and play man to man on the WR's. Eli is good for a turnover or two. If you can't handle Toomer, Dixon and Boss man to man then why the hell did you go out and give Samuel the big buck$? Is Samuel even playing this week?

You are giving our WR corp no credit not to mention Eli has matured.

If you can't handle Toomer, Dixon and Boss man to man then why the hell did you go out and give Samuel the big buck$?

Good luck covering the composer of such blues classics as "Back Door Man" and Hoochie Coochie Man"!!

You are giving our WR corp no credit not to mention Eli has matured.

Trust me I give the Giants a ton of credit and they are clearly the best team in the NFL RIGHT NOW. Stuffing their running game and taking your chances with Eli is the way to beat the Giants. Manning still makes silly throws so he is prone to mistakes. it's just a hell of a lot easier playing QB when your team is running thru good defenses like swiss cheese. The Giants really don't have big time WR play makers they just play so damn solid as a team. It's time for the Giants to get a beat down. Why not this week? :wacko:

I think this game presents McNabb with a great opportunity for puking in the huddle again. Oh... who is Dixon? You mean Hixon, Toomer, and SS2? BTW, I am not a Giants fan...

Trust me I give the Giants a ton of credit and they are clearly the best team in the NFL RIGHT NOW. Stuffing their running game and taking your chances with Eli is the way to beat the Giants. Manning still makes silly throws so he is prone to mistakes. it's just a hell of a lot easier playing QB when your team is running thru good defenses like swiss cheese. The Giants really don't have big time WR play makers they just play so damn solid as a team. It's time for the Giants to get a beat down. Why not this week? :wacko:

the only team to beat the Giants are the Browns, ask them the best way to do it? wasn't stopping the run...Team 25-181, 7.2ypc, 1td, 18(long).

All QBs make silly mistakes when trying to win games. no big time WRs? just because they don't make 10+ million a year doesnt mean they arnt big time. Toomer is about as fricking clutch as they come, as well as his mini-me. I said it before and ill say it again, there better be a huuuuuuugh bronze statue of him in the new stadium. the 'Oss brothers, Kevin and Sinorice have done nothing but produce when asked.

You are right though, this is one solid team...when Pierce, Clark, and Kuehl/Blackburn/Wilkenson are your weak link, you know you got it made. And i do agree with you though, this team does need a beat down. Give them something to fuel that fire even more when the media starts chiming in with the "they arnt the Patriots good". I'd just rather see it happen against the Panthers or Vikings...6-0 in the East would be sweet.

The best way to beat the Giants is to get way ahead of them and hope Eli is a yard or two off with his throws. This team wants to win, and wants it bad.

Why can't people just except ELi for what he is...a great QB that will win games in the 4th qtr for you if need be. I could give 2 poops if he breaks any of Marino, Peyton, or Favre's records. The man wins Super Bowl(s?)!

:soapbox:

Giants/Eagles player notes...more good guys than bad guys.

CB Corey Webster (back) practiced Friday after sitting out the previous two days. He's listed as questionable with an injury he and coach Tom Coughlin believed was minor earlier this week.

"I don't know what I did to it, to tell you the truth," Webster said. "I have a little stiffness and tightness in it, but nothing serious."

If Webster can't play, rookie Terrell Thomas would make his first NFL start.

LB Jonathan Goff (hamstring) is out.

RB Ahmad Bradshaw (neck) and C Shaun O'Hara both practiced fully and are listed as probable.

Eagles RB Brian Westbrook (knee/ankle) didn't practice for the second straight day and is listed as questionable. "He's fine," Eagles coach Andy Reid said.

WR Domenik Hixon was asked what's missing with Burress' being away from the team.

"We fine ourselves (for dropped balls and missed assignments) in the receiver (meeting) room," Hixon said. "And he's kind of the judge."

How ironic.

The Eagles win this game. It will be close, but the G-Men are unfortunately having distractions at the same time the Eagles are waking up. The Eagles always finish the season strong, always play the Giants tough and Jim Johnson always gets in Eli's head a bit. The Giants are the better team, but Eagles win this one 24-17... You heard it here. Then the Eagles win the next 2 to face Dallas at home in week 17 for a shot at the playoffs. That would be nice since I am a season ticket holder to have the week 17 game mean something against Dallas.. The Linc will be insane.

:D

I smell a wager *sniff* :wacko:

Sigline bet? For a week? Eagles win you can make my sig. for a week?......Giants win I make yours?

Let me know, I won't be back on here 'till Sunday night

EAGLES 17

GIANTS 33

OK Mike.. Like I said, there is no doubt in my mind that the Giants are the better team, I just like the recipe for the upset here. But I'll do a 1 week sigline bet, which I never do, to make it a bit more interesting.

Good luck.

-Scourge

The Eagles win this game. It will be close, but the G-Men are unfortunately having distractions at the same time the Eagles are waking up. The Eagles always finish the season strong, always play the Giants tough and Jim Johnson always gets in Eli's head a bit. The Giants are the better team, but Eagles win this one 24-17... You heard it here. Then the Eagles win the next 2 to face Dallas at home in week 17 for a shot at the playoffs. That would be nice since I am a season ticket holder to have the week 17 game mean something against Dallas.. The Linc will be insane.

distractions? You obviously don't know this team, last week was an abberation for the Eagles. I think the Giants cover on Sunday. I'd be game for a sig wager as well...in fact i allready got a nice pretty one made up, Cowboys fans can attest to how pretty it is :wacko:

I think McNabb has a decent game here and for the final stretch of the season but against the Giants its gonna be tough. I picked the Eagles to pull a win off but McNabb wont have great FF numbers.