[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who Represents The NFC In The Super Bowl ?

Menudo

Who Represents The NFC In The Super Bowl ?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who Represents The NFC In The Super Bowl ?

• New York Giants (11-1)
    • Tampa Bay Bucs (9-3)
    • Carolina Panthers (9-3)
    • Dallas Cowboys (8-4)
    • Atlanta Falcons (8-4)
    • Washington Redskins (7-5)
    • Minnesota Vikings (7-5)
    • Arizona Cardinals (7-5)
    • Philadelphia Eagles (6-5-1)
    • Chicago Bears (6-6)
    • New Orleans Saints (6-6)

says the guy whose team now has a .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000002% chance of not going 0-16 :D

Are you suggesting these players should be punished by playing 4 games for the Lions? :wacko:

Interesting proposal.

• 1 month later...
they are'nt there yet... :wacko:

the mear fact that are going to the nfc championship (having getting past atl and car- best div??) speaks volumes to how underrated they were. their defense is oppotunistic. their running game, while a little more than functional, is rejuvinated enough to make opp defenses at least consider that they might run..... and they are doing it without boldin.

i also thought that weather would ultimately slow them down. so, if nyg win (who i think will), and az has to go to ny... and they get meh or worse weather, it certainly helps the giants. if however, the eagles win..... playing in warm and cozy arizona will help them quite a bit with their style of play.

no?

I can't see the Cards winning in NY. If PHI comes here, then there's a shot. I still find it hard to believe that a team the Vikings dismantled in their own house just a short time ago is this close to the Super Bowl though. Seems like smoke and mirrors or something. I have not seen either of the 2 Cards' games however except for a few minutes.

the mear fact that are going to the nfc championship (having getting past atl and car- best div??) speaks volumes to how underrated they were. their defense is oppotunistic. their running game, while a little more than functional, is rejuvinated enough to make opp defenses at least consider that they might run..... and they are doing it without boldin.

i also thought that weather would ultimately slow them down. so, if nyg win (who i think will), and az has to go to ny... and they get meh or worse weather, it certainly helps the giants. if however, the eagles win..... playing in warm and cozy arizona will help them quite a bit with their style of play.

no?

absolutely. matter of fact I hope they win next week too. No matter who they play.

I can't see the Cards winning in NY. If PHI comes here, then there's a shot. I still find it hard to believe that a team the Vikings dismantled in their own house just a short time ago is this close to the Super Bowl though. Seems like smoke and mirrors or something. I have not seen either of the 2 Cards' games however except for a few minutes.

Not trying to take anything away from the Cardinals (I consider last night's win to be one of the biggest playoff upsets in recent memory... double-digit spread, etc.), but I think that this simply speaks to the parity in the NFL right now. I mean, think about it... the Giants were pretty much a Cinderella story last year. Nobody gave them a shot at winning the SB last year, when the season began, midway through, or even once they made the playoffs. Heck, very few thought they had a chance to win a playoff game, period. Fast-forward to THIS year... The Giants lose arguably their best two defensive players, and they're suddenly the odds-on favorite to win it all, or at least get to the SB from the NFC. :wacko:

Not saying they aren't the favorite, because they certainly were the NFC's best team at the midway point this year, going into the playoffs, and probably still are today. But, there are just as many people on this board picking the Eagles in today's game as there are the Giants... An Eagles team that scored three points in a "must-win" game two weeks ago against a very mediocre Redskins team. The same Eagles team that tied the Bengals six weeks ago, and were completely dominated (to the point of their franchise player being benched) by the Ravens two months ago.

My point is that there are no dominant teams in the NFL right now. Teams win one big game, and they become the flavor of the week in the eyes of both the media and NFL fans as a whole (Eagles and Chargers are both prime examples). It's a crapshoot... Anybody left (six teams) could very easily win it all. As I make that statement, I have a hard time imagining the Cardinals knocking off Pittsburgh or Baltimore in the Super Bowl. But, after what they've done the last two weeks, I certainly am not going to say that it's impossible. After all, if there's one thing we all saw yesterday in the AFC game, it's that, as dominant as the Baltimore defense can be AT TIMES, they certainly can give up some big-time yards as well. If not for some key turnovers, they would have been blown out in that game. I haven't figured out if I personally prefer the days of the dynasty, or the way the NFL is today, but one thing is clear... the NFL is as wide-open right now as it's ever been.