[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In light of our newest candidate

Scooby

The hits just keep on rollin  

66 members have voted

1. 1. ?????

• Michael Vick
    • Ray Carruth
    • Ricky Williams
    • Plaxico
    • Bam Morris
    • Nate Newton
    • OJ
    • other-please explain

correct answer, leon lett

funny story we were reminiscing about on thanksgiving. my stepdad (who passed away this year, RIP :D ) was sitting on the score in some big office pool. he was going to win a hundred bucks or something, which is not some enormous sum of money, but you have to understand....frank never won ANYTHING. one fo the unluckiest SOBs ever when it came to that sort of thing, a fact he NEVER stopped b*tching about. miami was moving down the field and he was getting all animated, "stop em! stop em! come on dallas, you suck, stop em!" then when they block that field goal, o'l frank starts hootin and hollerin...."yes! finally!!"

and then, enter leon lett, stage left :wacko:

swear to god, one of the funniest experiences of my whole life.

If we are talking about actual off the field instances, then that list is pretty good. My vote would go to OJ. He most likely spends the rest of his life in jail on kidnapping/armed robbery convictions. All this after being acquitted for double homicide.

For actual ON FIELD stupidity, that award is Leon Letts and Leon Letts alone. Going for the most points ever scored in a SB he gets ran down 70+ yds while holding the ball out only to see it knocked out of the back of the end zone by Beebie for a touchback.... 52-17, not 59-17. Secondly, playing Miami, in a version of the ice bowl. Thanksgiving day, blocked field goal, Cowboys win!!! Wait, Leon Lett rumbling towards the ball, not a soul in sight (does he not get it?) he slides 5 yds in the ice and knocks the ball near the goal line. Miami gets the ball on the 1 with little more then a few seconds left, kicks the winning field goal. Dallas loses!

correct answer, leon lett

Better candidate than most if not all in the OP. That list should be "lowest form of life to play in the NFL" or some such, not necessarily stupidest (although they aren't exactly rocket scientists) and include Ray Lewis, Lenny Little, and Larry Phillips. Although I don't see anyone beating OJ.

Edited by BeeR

10 Dumbest sports injuries

1. Bill Gramatica: Not only the dumbest sports injury, but probably one of the stupidest things you'll ever witness, period. After nailing a 42-yard field goal to put the lowly Arizona Cardinals up 3-0 in the first half of a regular season game, kicker Bill Gramatica jumped up in wild celebration, came down, and tore his ACL. Gramatica missed the rest of the season, and embarrassed the kicker position nationwide. Gramatica is no longer a kicker in the NFL, but will forever be remembered by me, and many others, for the funniest thing to ever happen on a football field.

No love for Gus Frerrotte scoring the a huge TD versus division-rival New York, only to head-butt the stadium wall during his celebration, jam his neck, and need to be replaced in the game while he was taken to the hospital?

I was at that game, i remember the stadium going nuts when Hostetlers (think it was him) name was called as the replacement. And if i remember correctly this was the tie where Westbrook took off his helmet late in overtime, penalty pushed them out of field goal range.

good times walking down the ramp arguing with redskins fans over whos team sucked more.

Edited by Robash

The guy who hid in the trunk of the car. Carruth?

Winner winner. I mean, killing your pregnant girlfriend is evil and a one-way ticket to hell more than it is stupid. However, hiding out in the trunk of your own freaking car when you're on the run after killing said girlfriend, that's where stupid comes in.

I'd add Lawrence Phillips to the list

My thought as well. You took one look at that guy and thought, "Wow, that guy doesn't look so bright."

What about Todd Marinovich?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Marinovich

I am by no means backing this guy or making excuses for him, but this guy had some issues which were a result of a crazy father who pushed his son to the brink at a very early age. Mental/emotional pressure lingered with Marinovich starting early in his HS career in Orange County (or before... just read some of what's said in that Wiki article).

The guy never panned out and turned to drugs. Again, not making excuses for the guy, but he was f'ed in the head from an early age and it wasn't entirely his fault. In fact, I'd go so far to say it was 90% not his doing. :D Kinda just feel sorry for the guy... don't think he's the stupidest NFL player ever by any means, though.

:wacko:

I was at that game, i remember the stadium going nuts when Hostetlers (think it was him) name was called as the replacement. And if i remember correctly this was the tie where Westbrook took off his helmet late in overtime, penalty pushed them out of field goal range.

good times walking down the ramp arguing with redskins fans over whos team sucked more.

Hostetler was on the Jints. I think Heath Schuler (spelling?) took over for the head-banger.