[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In light of our newest candidate

Scooby

The hits just keep on rollin  

66 members have voted

1. 1. ?????

• Michael Vick
    • Ray Carruth
    • Ricky Williams
    • Plaxico
    • Bam Morris
    • Nate Newton
    • OJ
    • other-please explain

I am by no means backing this guy or making excuses for him, but this guy had some issues which were a result of a crazy father who pushed his son to the brink at a very early age. Mental/emotional pressure lingered with Marinovich starting early in his HS career in Orange County (or before... just read some of what's said in that Wiki article).

The guy never panned out and turned to drugs. Again, not making excuses for the guy, but he was f'ed in the head from an early age and it wasn't entirely his fault. In fact, I'd go so far to say it was 90% not his doing. :D Kinda just feel sorry for the guy... don't think he's the stupidest NFL player ever by any means, though.

:wacko:

That was my opinion as well. It's easy to look at a guy with a ton of potential that "screwed it all up" and think, "how stupid". However, there's always so much more at play than we understand at first glance.

Hostetler was on the Jints. I think Heath Schuler (spelling?) took over for the head-banger.

im almost positive it was Hostetler...what year was this game?

nevermind, found it...

The Washington Redskins finally made a change at quarterback last night at Jack Kent Cooke Stadium, with Jeff Hostetler replacing Gus Frerotte at the start of the third quarter, the result of one of the more bizarre plays in the team's history

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sport...week13/qb24.htm

I nominate Michael Irvin.

Irvin stabbed a teammate, Everett McIver, in the neck with a pair of scissors because McIver wouldn't get up from his own haircut to allow Irvin to immediately get his. In other words, Irvin thought that seniority and impatience was reason enough to nearly sever a teammate's carotid artery.

Keep in mind this is two years AFTER Irvin pleaded no-contest to his cocaine charge in which the judge ordered probation warning Irvin that even the slightest probation violation could bring a 20 year prison sentence. It is rumored that Irvin paid McIver six figures for not filing or asking for a criminal complaint to be filed.

Eric Crouch.

Refuses an NFL contract to play at WR, because he HAS to be a QB.

Currently working at 7-11, I believe.

Pardon me for the side story, but Nebraska native here and you have an excellent point. My friends and I still make fun of that clown. The kid couldn't throw a 10 yard out, but had to waste his talent because his ego was too big to consider playing WR, kickoff returner, or safety. My brother and a bunch of his friends used to play a thanksgiving morning football game every year between our high school grads (Burke) and the Millard North grads. The Burke team had won a few years in a row (this is rough and tumble flag football so its not super serious but these are all x-varsity athletes and some have college experience). Anyway, the year after Crouch dropped out of St. Louis he (being a Millard North grad) came to play. I didn't recognize him at first because he had a stocking cap on and I was only playing because they needed extra people and I was in town. Anyways, my brother tells me not to rush the QB early (because then they can run). I didn't really understand why at the time. First pass the guy throws bounces about 2/3rds the way in front of his WR doing a crossing route. My bro told me it was Crouch and I just busted up laughing. I think Mr. Heisman ended up on the day with 2 INTs and at least two or three "bounce" passes. This is maybe 12 months after being a professional athlete. Unreal amount of hubris. He started a business selling playground equipment. I had heard a few rumors about him being at different camps (chiefs and packers). Last I knew he signed with a Toronto team a few years ago but I'd be surprised if he does anything besides own "crouch recreation".

Ironic that some of you can't seem to distinguish between stupid and being a slimeball. Stalin wasn't stupid, but....

PS I have heard this re Plex: apparently not only didn't he have the safety on, but he was carrying a gun while wearing a ton of jewerly and freaking sweat pants. Never mind the ghetto fashion statement: he had a gun in the waist band of sweat pants and didn't have the safety on.

Got my vote.

Ironic that some of you can't seem to distinguish between stupid and being a slimeball. Stalin wasn't stupid, but....

PS I have heard this re Plex: apparently not only didn't he have the safety on, but he was carrying a gun while wearing a ton of jewerly and freaking sweat pants. Never mind the ghetto fashion statement: he had a gun in the waist band of sweat pants and didn't have the safety on.

Got my vote.

From what I have heard he was carrying a Glock. Glocks do not have any safeties on them. Having said that, it makes him even more stupid in my opinion. He must have had that gun slide down his pants that were down below his ass and he went fishing around for it. Now understand that to fire a glock you must pull the trigger all the way back. That is the safety of that gun. Now the only way that he did not have to pull that trigger all the way back was if he had some trigger work done to the glock. If he did and he carried that gun in any way that it would slide down his drawers, then yes indeed he would get my vote for being pretty freaking stupid.

From what I have heard he was carrying a Glock. Glocks do not have any safeties on them. Having said that, it makes him even more stupid in my opinion. He must have had that gun slide down his pants that were down below his ass and he went fishing around for it. Now understand that to fire a glock you must pull the trigger all the way back. That is the safety of that gun. Now the only way that he did not have to pull that trigger all the way back was if he had some trigger work done to the glock. If he did and he carried that gun in any way that it would slide down his drawers, then yes indeed he would get my vote for being pretty freaking stupid.

Wow Skippy.......that's a ton of inside info, man. Are you sure YOU didn't sell him the Glock when he lived in Da Burgh?? :D

:D

If we're going for most heinous here......a deathbed statement/accusation is about the strongest piece of evidence you'll ever see in a trial......even stronger than DNA, apparently......lol (OJ). Cherica not only called 911 and explained the whole story on tape while the paramedics were en route, but told everyone in the ER she could and even wrote it down and signed it before she sliding into a coma. The doctors were only able to save one of her twins.

So is OJ despicable? Sure.......but I can't think of anything LOWER than contracting to have your pregnant girlfriend killed, all because you didn't want to pay child support. Most heinous...Carruth. OJ is a close second, being both vile in killing the mother of his children and an innocent bystander.....but also stupid.......lol. (Latest Vegas caper) And that judge despises him......lol......she's gonna throw the book at him. :D

So......dumbest player while playing? :wacko: Based on Az's story (that's a funny memory, Az)......I'll go with Leon Lett.

The YouTube was priceless!

My :D

WOW. I totally blacked out that Hoss signed on with the Skins - EVER!

good job

im still bent Simms got hurt and hoss "won" the super bowl

and i know he didnt kill anyone but who was the dude that stole Rudi Johnsons Luggage this year when he came to Detroit to sign? pretty fricking dumb lol