[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MJD

Capt. Stanky

I was curious to hear some opinions on MJD for next year. It looks like Fred Taylor is going to be playing somewhere else next year. He's due like 6 mill next year. He's going to either have to take a sizable pay cut, or play somewhere else. I think with the skills that MJD has shown he could easily be a top 5 back in a PPR league. What do you think?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Jags suddenly get their sh!t together maybe, but they've had too many problems lately and it is going to have a negative impact on MJD and his draft position next year. I hope they can turn it around because I traded for him in a dynasty league a few weeks ago.

If the Jags suddenly get their sh!t together maybe, but they've had too many problems lately and it is going to have a negative impact on MJD and his draft position next year. I hope they can turn it around because I traded for him in a dynasty league a few weeks ago.

The jags should have 3/4's of their starting O-line back next year. I personally think that team will bounce back nicely.

The jags should have 3/4's of their starting O-line back next year. I personally think that team will bounce back nicely.

Yea, exactly.... Even with a patched up offensive line and limited carries, he has a decent YPC average and 11 TDs. He's proven to be a durable guy who doesn't have much wear and tear (463 carries so far in his first 3 years), so if Del Rio asks him to shoulder the load next year, I expect big things out of him.

When looking back to the beginning of the season, I don't know what Del Rio was thinking - not counting the Indy game, he had 24 carries in their first 4 games, where they were 1-3 - and all the losses were by a TD or less. He should have fed him the ball early and often in those games, and the outcome may have been different.

I think everyone will agree that MJD is the best offensive weapon the Jags have. I think if FTaylor is gone just the extra looks alone will make him a top 5 back. I also expect Jack. to bounce back from a dismal year by their recent standards. The team is still built on defense, so they will pound MJD early and often, not to mention the looks he'll get in the passing game. You need to get your best offensive weapon as many looks as possible. It does help that I just traded for MJD in a Dynasty league. Maybe if all you naysayers had him on a dynasty you'd be singing a different tune :wacko:

Edited by Capt. Stanky

I'd wait to see how well the OL is doing in pre-season next year.

I think it's pretty obvious that MJD needs a solid OL to be a consistent Top 5 RB.

I bet Taylor restructures to stay in Jax, which I think is good for MJD.

I think the pass game is far less important than the OL.

on a side note, if Mike Walker can stay healthy, I think he's one of the top sleeper-ish WR in the league next year. If Jones can stay out of trouble, and Lewis-TE can contribute more, I say they have the pieces on offense and should focus their off-season/draft offense pick-ups on OL.

I'm not sold on Garrad either...I would start the process

I'd wait to see how well the OL is doing in pre-season next year.

I think it's pretty obvious that MJD needs a solid OL to be a consistent Top 5 RB.

I bet Taylor restructures to stay in Jax, which I think is good for MJD.

I think the pass game is far less important than the OL.

on a side note, if Mike Walker can stay healthy, I think he's one of the top sleeper-ish WR in the league next year. If Jones can stay out of trouble, and Lewis-TE can contribute more, I say they have the pieces on offense and should focus their off-season/draft offense pick-ups on OL.

they don't need to add to the OL much because they will get 3 of their starters back....so I'd just try to sure up a certain spot there and draft towards helping the pass rush...

Nothing from nothing, but you guys seem awfully certain that he will be a top 5 type back. I remind you that this is the NFL, where even the surest of sure things rarely happen. He should be in the group of 20 or so that could potentially be a top-five back, but it would take some pretty hefty odds if I was to put money down that he would be a top-5 come the end of next season.

Nothing from nothing, but you guys seem awfully certain that he will be a top 5 type back. I remind you that this is the NFL, where even the surest of sure things rarely happen. He should be in the group of 20 or so that could potentially be a top-five back, but it would take some pretty hefty odds if I was to put money down that he would be a top-5 come the end of next season.

I think he will be a top 10 back....even if he does his usual and does nothing the 1st half of the season...

I guess I just assumed that once the 3 linemen they lost early this year were back they would get back to Jags football, pounding the opponent to submission with a conservative passing attack to support it. It's possible that not all the O-linemen comeback and play at the same level. I'll admit I don't know much about their injuries. I just feel like if you want to try and get MJD in a Dynasty format now might be the cheapest you'd have to pay to do so.

i have MJD in a dynasty format.

i feel like having Fred Taylor there is the perfect situation.

Taylor gets very little goalline work and keeps MJD fresh.

i believe that if Taylor goes, they'll bring in or draft another back to get 10 or so carries a game.

i only hope that whoever comes in doesn't get goalline carries.

I usually dismiss most of what this guy says as complete BS :wacko:... but I totally agree here.. mainly because:

I think he will be a top 10 back....even if he does his usual and does nothing the 1st half of the season...

This is why he can't be considered an elite fantasy RB. Who wants a guy that's going to be so inconsistent, especially in the early part of the season? Great, so you start the year off 2-6, but then get hot and just barely miss the playoffs? No thanks.

I used to swing on MJD's sack, thinking he was a far more durable Reggie Bush. At this point, I'd consider both backs to be somewhat disappointing, but both do have plenty of upside, especially in PPR leagues. I'd love MJD (or Bush for that matter) as an RB2 with the potential for RB1-type stats.

I usually dismiss most of what this guy says as complete BS :D... but I totally agree here.. mainly because:

This is why he can't be considered an elite fantasy RB. Who wants a guy that's going to be so inconsistent, especially in the early part of the season? Great, so you start the year off 2-6, but then get hot and just barely miss the playoffs? No thanks.

I used to swing on MJD's sack, thinking he was a far more durable Reggie Bush. At this point, I'd consider both backs to be somewhat disappointing, but both do have plenty of upside, especially in PPR leagues. I'd love MJD (or Bush for that matter) as an RB2 with the potential for RB1-type stats.

How is MJD disappointing, his coaches wont give him the rock 20 time a game.

And why are you bringing up durability with MJD. :D

He is a helluva lot more durable than Bush. :wacko:

Do you have a clue what you are talking about here.

And should we just dismiss what you say here. With posts like this, Im starting to think so. :D

Edited by Sgt Ryan

I usually dismiss most of what this guy says as complete BS :wacko:... but I totally agree here.. mainly because:

I don't think you can use his first 3 years as a barometer for his value next year. If FTaylor is out of the picture, and they don't sign or draft someone to take carries away from MJD, what he did his first 3 years should be thrown out the window.

i have MJD in a dynasty format.

i feel like having Fred Taylor there is the perfect situation.

Taylor gets very little goalline work and keeps MJD fresh.

i believe that if Taylor goes, they'll bring in or draft another back to get 10 or so carries a game.

i only hope that whoever comes in doesn't get goalline carries.

I don't think that's a possibility. MJD has been so successful at the goalline why would they give that responsibility to someone else?

Agree 100%

In other words, some of us are absolutely convinced that he could be. Not that he will be.

I think there are 20+ RBs that "could be" Top-5 next year, if you give them an improved line and 20-25 touches. Jacobs could be. Brown could be, Williams could be, Johnson could be....too many to list.

Hard to predict which RBs will get that treatment...Barber was the guy this year,and he produced accordingly early-on...but if Felix Jones hadn't gone down, I think barber's touches would have continued to decline as the season wore on.

And based on MJD's nicked-and-dinged injury-status over the last couple years (this year excluded), I would think the Jags would sign a change-of-pace option if Taylor were to walk.

With the trend towards RBBC, I doubt MJD will ever see 25 touches per game....JMO.

I don't think you can use his first 3 years as a barometer for his value next year. If FTaylor is out of the picture, and they don't sign or draft someone to take carries away from MJD, what he did his first 3 years should be thrown out the window.

Why not? When Taylor's been hurt, they've given the ball to guys like Greg Jones in the past. Now, I could definitely see them trying to make MJD a 25+ carry back... I just don't think it would succeed.

Agree 100%

I think there are 20+ RBs that "could be" Top-5 next year, if you give them an improved line and 20-25 touches. Jacobs could be. Brown could be, Williams could be, Johnson could be....too many to list.

Hard to predict which RBs will get that treatment...Barber was the guy this year,and he produced accordingly early-on...but if Felix Jones hadn't gone down, I think barber's touches would have continued to decline as the season wore on.

And based on MJD's nicked-and-dinged injury-status over the last couple years (this year excluded), I would think the Jags would sign a change-of-pace option if Taylor were to walk.

With the trend towards RBBC, I doubt MJD will ever see 25 touches per game....JMO.

Agree on all accounts.