[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MJD

Capt. Stanky

If it is going to be the deepest ever...it would be smarter to nail down studs at other positions before stacking RB's...no?

the crazy thing is...it seems every year that RB's are deep, the following year they are thin...

injuries clear things up awfully quickly it seems..

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MJD's first attempt at being "The Man":

12 carries for 48 & TD

4 rec for 22 & TD

He didn't get allot of carries, but the 2 TD's made up for it. I still want to see him have a game of at least 25 carries before the season's over. It would just make me feel better going into next year.

Oh, MJD is now the #5 RB in a standard PPR league. Discuss...

My Mistake, MJD is currently #4 in a standard PPR league (1 point per reception; everything else standard).

He currently has 154 carries (655 yds; 12 TD's) and 54 rec. (484 yds; 2TD's) on the year. Let's say, just for the sake of arguement that he gets roughly 230 carries and 70 rec. Can you say Brian Westbrook 2?

I see something like the following for next year:

220 carries for 1000 yds and 12 TD's.

70 rec. for 600 yds and 2 TD's

I don't forsee him returning kickoffs or punts next year. He will be far too valuable for that.

Sounds awfully good to me. Whatcha think huddlers?

Edited by Capt. Stanky

My Mistake, MJD is currently #4 in a standard PPR league (1 point per reception; everything else standard).

He currently has 154 carries (655 yds; 12 TD's) and 54 rec. (484 yds; 2TD's) on the year. Let's say, just for the sake of arguement that he gets roughly 230 carries and 70 rec. Can you say Brian Westbrook 2?

I see something like the following for next year:

220 carries for 1000 yds and 12 TD's.

70 rec. for 600 yds and 2 TD's

I don't forsee him returning kickoffs or punts next year. He will be far too valuable for that.

Sounds awfully good to me. Whatcha think huddlers?

I think 1,000 yards is alittle low. 220 carries is only giving him around 50 more carries in 2009. I think he is in line for at least 250-275 carries which should give him at least 1,200-1,300 yards. 12 rushing TD's sounds great to me, but I would give him at least 6-7 receiving TD's.

I think 1,000 yards is alittle low. 220 carries is only giving him around 50 more carries in 2009. I think he is in line for at least 250-275 carries which should give him at least 1,200-1,300 yards. 12 rushing TD's sounds great to me, but I would give him at least 6-7 receiving TD's.

Taz,

I definately think he's capable of those kinds of numbers, but I was trying to be conservative in my projections. Even doing so I think it's clear to see that MJD has without a doubt a great chance at being a top 5 RB.

Taz,

I definately think he's capable of those kinds of numbers, but I was trying to be conservative in my projections. Even doing so I think it's clear to see that MJD has without a doubt a great chance at being a top 5 RB.

Agree 100%. Which is why I'm so happy I was able to get him in a dynasty league this year for Cutler lol. Dude was strapped at QB and I had Rivers/Warner/Thigpen as well.

Agree 100%. Which is why I'm so happy I was able to get him in a dynasty league this year for Cutler lol. Dude was strapped at QB and I had Rivers/Warner/Thigpen as well.

I made the kind of trade you only see in dynasty, or deep keeper leagues. I had an awful year. I was pretty much rebuilding my keepers from week 10 on. The trade was as follows...

I sent Cassel, Witten, Briggs & PHillis

I got MJD, BQuinn and a couple of fillers basically

The team I traded with was fighting for the playoffs. We start 2 QB's in the league, and his #2 QB was weak. He also had GOlsen as his TE. I got by far the best player, IMHO. If Cleveland can figure things out Quinn could be good. They have allot of talent on O. Braylon has seemed like he's been distracted all year. I'm almost wondering if he's having some personal issues outside of football.

Here's my team before the season and currently

Before:

QB's (start 2)

Palmer, Roeth, Bulger

RB's (start 2)

Addai, RBrown, J-Lew

WR's (start 3)

BEdwards, Colston, Ocho Stinko

TE (start 1)

Witten

Current Team

QB's

Romo. Rivers, Palmer, Quinn

RB's

Forte. S-Jax, MJD, PThomas, Addai

WR's

Andre Johnson, BEdwards

I'm still amazed when I look at my team at the beginning of the year. I've never had that much bad luck from one season to the next. That team made it to the superbowl last year. Every single player either got hurt, or grossly underperformed last year’s stats.

Hmmm...I guess it's hard for anyone to make an arguement against MJD being a top 5 back next year, since he's the #4 RB in a standard PPR league right now.

Mark my words, MJD will be a more durable Brian Westbrook next year.

one thing that will help him, aside from a having the OL back to full speed whill be the fact that he won't play in the playoffs and he gets to cut his off-season shorter than usual....

not to mention Fred Taylor possibly retiring.....they could draft another back, but they'd be hard pressed to find another Fred Taylor...

MJD should be used more in the passing game as well by default in this process...

MJD is not a top 5 RB. I enjoy PPR leagues but in reality and in non PPR leagues he is not a top 5 RB and just too inconsistent to have on your team as a top tier RB.

I just don't understand why so many guys don't give MJD the credit he deserves. In reality he's already proven himself to be a top 5-10 RB in 2006 and now 2008 with limited touches in a RBBC system. Seriously, what is there not to like about this guy??? He's a lock for 10-15 TD's and 1300 total yards.

MJD is a talent but with fantasy football you have to look at consistency overall and I've had MJD since a rookie in a cover 7 dynasty league. Throw out the 4 TD game and throw out his 35 total yard(or something like that) and look at what's left. A top 5 back says he is a guy that can be a big cog in carrying you to a championship. He is just not that and I don't think Jax has enough of a supporting cast in the future to make the statement that he can be a top 5 back. Sure, in a PPR he's pretty good but we're talking PPR leagues only I believe. Give him the support and maybe this claim has some merit but right now I just don't see it happening. Top 10? Yeah, I might say that.

MJD's 2nd game getting all the carries:

20 car. for 91

7 rec for 71

Roughly 23 pts in a PPR league, without a TD. This is what I wanted to see. MJD getting over 25 touches in a game. I understand that people are concerned about his consistency. Trust me, if he's getting at least 70% of the action at RB, he will be far more consistent going forward.

Any word on his injury? It looked like he got CRUNCHED by three defenders, balled up, bent, twisted and left wanting to breath. I bet he's got a back injury and he's done for the year :wacko:

I'm in no way making light of his injury but done for the year only means he misses 1 completely meaningless game to the Jags.

Any word on his injury? It looked like he got CRUNCHED by three defenders, balled up, bent, twisted and left wanting to breath. I bet he's got a back injury and he's done for the year :wacko:

It appears to just be a bone bruise according to roto:

Maurice Jones-Drew confirmed that the late-game knee injury suffered against the Colts is nothing serious.

"I'm all right. I'll definitely play next week," he said. "It's not a big deal, just a bruise. It's football. You get tackled and you get back up." Week 17 will be a much tougher matchup for MJD at Baltimore against a Ravens squad that may have a lot on the line.

MJD Injury Status

Man, wasn't MJD fun to watch last night? He seems to be able to break that first tackle on 90% of his running plays. That move he put on Freeny was the kind of play only a few players in NFL history can make. Like I've stated before, his low center of gravity makes him one of if not the hardest RB to tackle in the NFL today.

Hercules, Hercules, Hercules!!!

Hercules, Hercules, Hercules!!!

Yes sir, I like it. I like it alot.

Maurice Jones-Drew confirmed that the late-game knee injury suffered against the Colts is nothing serious.

"I'm all right. I'll definitely play next week," he said. "It's not a big deal, just a bruise." Week 17 will be a much tougher matchup for MJD at Baltimore against a Ravens squad that may have a lot on the line.

Source: Florida Times Union

Chris Collinsworth was so excited, saying he was Barry Sanders-ish. I think Collinsworth came.

I can't wait to see MJD against BAL DEF next week. If he can do that to them, I'd take back what I said and definitively call him a Top 5 for sure.

I don't believe any RB has had 100 yds against Balt this year. I would expect MJD to be very active in the passing game to help balance his rushing stats.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

• 10 months later...

With another old thread getting bumped I just had to bump this one. Many of you know about my love afair with Mighty Mouse. I will just say that it's only grown as the season has progressed. That boy good.

What are your thoughts on him now, keggerz?

I've attached a couple of oth MJD threads...

Season stats through 9 games:

169 carries for 860 (5.1 YPC) and 12 TD's

32 rec for 220

Edited by Capt. Stanky

What are your thoughts on him now, keggerz?

I've attached a couple of oth MJD threads...

Season stats through 9 games:

169 carries for 860 (5.1 YPC) and 12 TD's

32 rec for 220

Like Turner being a bad pick and Portis being a worthy RB1, keg will explain to you that you are still wrong and he will produce some half-ass numbers to prove it.

I was so stupid, I disregarded keggerz' amazing acumen and kept MJD as my 1 keeper on offense :wacko: