[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MJD

Capt. Stanky

I should have bumped one of the threads I linked. They both had better debates in them.

C'mon Seahawks, Swami and Keggerz. Don't you want some crow for lunch?

if crow is on the menu at the end of the season I will gladly be here to take it...fwiw, around week 5 or 6 I was looking at stats for players and extrapolated out MJDs numbers and they were almost exact to my projections...i didnt bump the thread then because there was still a lot of football to be played....just like there still is....he definately has scored more TDs than I thought he would and I have no problem giving kudos for that...still with that said there is still a lot of football left to be played.

on my lunch so I decided to check real fast:

It was thru 5 weeks when I looked and at that time this is how the numbers for MJD compared to my projections:

rushing attempts: proj 231 pace 240

rushing yards: proj 970 pace 1056

rushing TDs: proj 7 pace 16

recptions: proj 55 pace 67 (and now his pace is 57)

recv yards: proj 495 pace 384

recv TDs: proj 1 pace 0

but I didnt run in here and bump any threads because like I said there was still a lot of football to play...just like there still is.

Edited by keggerz

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if crow is on the menu at the end of the season I will gladly be here to take it...fwiw, around week 5 or 6 I was looking at stats for players and extrapolated out MJDs numbers and they were almost exact to my projections...i didnt bump the thread then because there was still a lot of football to be played....just like there still is....he definately has scored more TDs than I thought he would and I have no problem giving kudos for that...still with that said there is still a lot of football left to be played.

on my lunch so I decided to check real fast:

It was thru 5 weeks when I looked and at that time this is how the numbers for MJD compared to my projections:

rushing attempts: proj 231 pace 240

rushing yards: proj 970 pace 1056

rushing TDs: proj 7 pace 16

recptions: proj 55 pace 67 (and now his pace is 57)

recv yards: proj 495 pace 384

recv TDs: proj 1 pace 0

but I didnt run in here and bump any threads because like I said there was still a lot of football to play...just like there still is.

Very true, Keggerz. We have allot more football to play, but I think to this point he's proved he can handle a full load. There's really no other RB on the roster eating into his workload.

I too Capt. Stanky have been right there with you on MJD. The man is a beast and fantasy gold....always has been. However, most of the doubters had issues with durability or if MJD could hold up to the additional touches. Thus far he has, but he still needs to get thru the full season. So don't pat yourself on the back just yet. BTW- MJD is my clear cut no.1 overall pick next year as he was this year. A lot of guys will be jumping on Chris Johnson but I doubt he can duplicate his current pace and do it again next year. MJD is just money in the bank, even in a so-so offense.

Very true, Keggerz. We have allot more football to play, but I think to this point he's proved he can handle a full load. There's really no other RB on the roster eating into his workload.

up until this point...much of the "worry" on my and others parts about him carrying the load was how it would effect him as the season wears on...up until this point he hasnt crossed 200 carries yet...approaching 300 is another beast so the next 7 games are going to be a good indicator...not saying he cant do it but I am still a bit skeptical that he will be able to stay on this pace...

up until this point...much of the "worry" on my and others parts about him carrying the load was how it would effect him as the season wears on...up until this point he hasnt crossed 200 carries yet...approaching 300 is another beast so the next 7 games are going to be a good indicator...not saying he cant do it but I am still a bit skeptical that he will be able to stay on this pace...

I hear you. I'm actually hoping I didn't jinx Mojo by bumping this thread too early. I'm currently 9-1 in my deep keeper league and wouldn't be the superbowl fav if I lost MJD.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

I hear you. I'm actually hoping I didn't jinx Mojo by bumping this thread too early. I'm currently 9-1 in my deep keeper league and wouldn't be the superbowl fav if I lost MJD.

Stanky, I always enjoy your posts . . . truth be told, this is the first time I read past your avatar though.