[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Florida-Bama

jaxfactor

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OU has more speed on defense than Bama does. Tebow will make some throws, but he is a fullback playing QB, and Bama is exposing this and they dont have near the speed on D as OU does.

Oh boy, Please please please let us take care of business tonight. I see a National Championship trophy coming back to Norman, unless somehow Texas stays in the top 2, then we will at least have a ball game.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

And if Florida wins, this one call will be the reason.

Hmm....... lets see if its a 7 pts game or less, then you are damn right that will be the reason.

I dont care who wins, as long as OU can take care of business tonight. OU will punk either of these teams. OU would have 35 points on the board already, and neither of these teams would have what they have yet the way they play offense.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

Hmm....... lets see if its a 7 pts game or less, then you are damn right that will be the reason.

I dont care who wins, as long as OU can take care of business tonight. OU will punk either of these teams. OU would have 35 points on the board already, and neither of these teams would have what they have yet the way they play offense.

Agree...bring on OU/TX #2..not impressed that these are the top 2 teams in the country..the SEC carries some weight!!

FLA is going to get detroyed by OU. OU has more speed on defense than Bama does. Tebow will make some throws, but he is a fullback playing QB, and Bama is exposing this and they dont have near the speed on D as OU does.

Oh boy, Please please please let us take care of business tonight. I see a National Championship trophy coming back to Norman, unless somehow Texas stays in the top 2, then we will at least have a ball game.

What we have doubt about OU winning tonite, but you are confident they can handle Florida. You really are a joke. I'll say it for the hundredth time please, please bet me if Florida/OU play. you can name the bet.

And to inform you If you play good D(being from Okie you probably don't know this term) that is staying in your lanes and taking care of your assignment, you can negate speed. Like it or not Saban is top 3 premier d coaches in the country.

You know the unfortunate thing is that you won't be man enough to take your medicine if OU wins tonight and then gets punked in the NC game. We'll have to endure a month of you running your mouth about how FL/Bama doesn't belong on the same field and if you end up being proven wrong, we'll have to endure a week or so of BS excuses or the fact that FL runs some gimmick offense and had to resort to trick plays or some such. Then, next fall, you'll pick up right where you left off.

Sarge,

Just cuirously, how many NC games over the last five years have you picked correctly? I know you got UF-OSU very wrong. I'll bet you got 2003 wrong (LSU-OU). I'm guessing you got 2004 wrong (USC-OU).

I think you got 2007 right (LSU-OSU). You may have got 2005 right (TX - USC).

So in the last five years, at best, you picked 2 NC games correctly. Not to be disrespectful, explain to me why I should put any stock in your opinion as you are wrong more than you are right.

You know the unfortunate thing is that you won't be man enough to take your medicine if OU wins tonight and then gets punked in the NC game. We'll have to endure a month of you running your mouth about how FL/Bama doesn't belong on the same field and if you end up being proven wrong, we'll have to endure a week or so of BS excuses or the fact that FL runs some gimmick offense and had to resort to trick plays or some such. Then, next fall, you'll pick up right where you left off.

And if they lose tonite we have to listen to some flimsy bs excuses as to why for a month, then weeks of how if OU was in the Championship game they would have won, because afterall they are the best team alive.

Sarge,

Just cuirously, how many NC games over the last five years have you picked correctly? I know you got UF-OSU very wrong. I'll bet you got 2003 wrong (LSU-OU). I'm guessing you got 2004 wrong (USC-OU).

I THINK YOU GOT 2007 RIGHT(LSU-OSU). You may have got 2005 right (TX - USC).

So in the last five years, at best, you picked 2 NC games correctly. Not to be disrespectful, explain to me why I should put any stock in your opinion as you are wrong more than you are right.

Wrong he picked OSU

And if they lose tonite we have to listen to some flimsy bs excuses as to why for a month, then weeks of how if OU was in the Championship game they would have won, because afterall they are the best team alive.

If FL does not start to look better then they should not jump TX and we will have to hear about "if" they had Harvin.......they would have won by 20...

GO...not Geaux TIGERS tonight!!

and OU is not the best team alive......TEXAS is, proved that by a ten spot...

OU has more speed on defense than Bama does. Tebow will make some throws, but he is a fullback playing QB, and Bama is exposing this and they dont have near the speed on D as OU does.

Your really trying to insinuate that WAC defense you sport in Norman has anything over BAMA ? :wacko:

I can't wait to see the inevitable beating that a tasty morsel team will take at the hands of a legitimate defense.

You know the only possible hope the Sooners has is to face Texas again. Bama or Florida splits the nose of that gimmick offense.

What we have doubt about OU winning tonite, but you are confident they can handle Florida. You really are a joke. I'll say it for the hundredth time please, please bet me if Florida/OU play. you can name the bet.

And to inform you If you play good D(being from Okie you probably don't know this term) that is staying in your lanes and taking care of your assignment, you can negate speed. Like it or not Saban is top 3 premier d coaches in the country.

Exactly, I think Missouri could beat either of these 2 teams Im seeing here.

I must have really hit a nerve with the SEC loyalists today. Certainly you guys cant be impressed with either team here today. If so, that explains alot.

Announcers were questioning why Urban Meyer didn't call a timeout to try and get the ball back before halftime. I was applauding his decision as the last thing you want is a turnover. No turnovers so far and I believe this is the key. Whoever turns the ball over more(even just once) loses the game. As a Gator fan, I'm hating this close game. As a football fan I'm loving it. Bama has nothing to hang their heads about so far. Florida has had to work for every yard. Looks like we're in for a great finish.

If FL does not start to look better then they should not jump TX and we will have to hear about "if" they had Harvin.......they would have won by 20...

GO...not Geaux TIGERS tonight!!

and OU is not the best team alive......TEXAS is, proved that by a ten spot...

For starters, let's not pretend that missing Harvin isn't a big deal. Guy is a major difference maker. Now, if they were playing some random team, then they should certainly be able to plug in someone else and go. However, we're talking about the #1 team in the nation.

You guys are going on saying, "I'm not seeing it. These guys could never move the ball on OU." Blah, blah. Well, what you're not seeing is one of the most dynamic players in the entire nation going against a Nick Saben coached D. And they have 17 pts at half time.

Maybe some patience is in order? However, the biggest disservice the BCS can do to the entire nation is to not reward the winner of this game with a NC berth.

oh I'm sure, TOS and he were still friends back then. he even came down to NO for the game.

Actually you are wrong. I thought for sure LSU would win that game, but because I went to the game with a OSU fan, I rooted for OSU.

And to be honest, how many of those games were upsets.

LSU upset OU = OU favored by 7

SC upset OU = OU favored by 1

Texas upset SC - I picked Texas

FLA upset OSU - OSU ws favored

Last yr I dont remember who was favored, but LSU was playing at home, against a team with no speed what so ever, and I knew LSU would win that game.

ON a side note, if OSU was favored which I said above IM not sure, that is 5 straight upsets in the National Title game. Going 2-3 picking 2 upsets isnt something to write home to mom about, but It aint that bad either.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

oh I'm sure, TOS and he were still friends back then. he even came down to NO for the game.

Well if this is correct, that would mean that Sarge has only picked, at most, 1 of 5 NC games correctly. I certainly respect Sarge's love/support for his team. I certainly don't want to come across the wrong way, but I don't think I can give Sarge any credibility in his ability to pick NC games with that track record.

Actually you are wrong. I thought for sure LSU would win that game, but because I went to the game with a OSU fan, I rooted for OSU.

And to be honest, how many of those games were upsets.

LSU upset OU = OU favored by 7

SC upset OU = OU favored by 1

Texas upset SC - I picked Texas

FLA upset OSU - OSU ws favored

Last yr I dont remember who was favored, but LSU was playing at home, against a team with no speed what so ever, LSU won and should have.

Sarge, you're still not explaining why I should give your NC game predictions any credibility if you've only picked 2 of 5 right over the last five years.

Exactly, I think Missouri could beat either of these 2 teams Im seeing here.

I must have really hit a nerve with the SEC loyalists today. Certainly you guys cant be impressed with either team here today. If so, that explains alot.

so wack - I know you don't believe have the chit you spew on here, and everyone is taking the bait- having said that:

Mizzou is just not very good - and would look like a high school team vs Bama or FLA

:wacko: GO TIGERS am on Mizzou's bandwagon tonight

Not an SEC fan here... Just want to make that clear. For those of you who can't see a couple of quality teams(or lots of speed) in this game, I say this... you have been blinded by the misconception that offense is good football. Good teams with good coaching playing other good teams with good coaching often balances out making for good (not necessarily high scoring) football. Some of you nimrods are just deflecting your disappointment over a lack of scoring.

so wack - I know you don't believe have the chit you spew on here, and everyone is taking the bait- having said that:

Mizzou is just not very good - and would look like a high school team vs Bama or FLA

:wacko: GO TIGERS am on Mizzou's bandwagon tonight

I'm actually not touching that bait. I'm certain he feels that OU will beat the winner of this game by 30 pts so I don't feel that part is a fishing trip. The Mizzou talk on the other hand...

Not an SEC fan here... Just want to make that clear. For those of you who can't see a couple of quality teams(or lots of speed) in this game, I say this... you have been blinded by the misconception that offense is good football. Good teams with good coaching playing other good teams with good coaching often balances out making for good (not necessarily high scoring) football. Some of you nimrods are just deflecting your disappointment over a lack of scoring.

And then there's always that fact.